IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Management Overview
IIM Indore is an autonomous management college ranked 6th among the top management colleges in India by NIRF. IIM Indore has been designated an institution of National Importance by the Government of India. IIM Indore has concluded MBA Admission Process for the academic year 2022. IIM Indore IPM Admission process 2022 is ongoing now. IIM Indore IPM Admission is based on IPMAT exam, conducted by IIMI.IPMAT 2022 results are expected to be released on July 15. Further, IIM Indore MBA Placement 2022 report has been released. The highest salary recorded was INR 70 LPA whereas the Average salary remained INR 25.9 LPA for the EPGP batch, INR 25.01 LPA for the PGP & IPM batch, INR 20.3 LPA for the PGPHRM batch.
IIM Indore is a world-class Business School and the most famous program of IIM Indore is the two-year MBA program. Candidates having a minimum overall CAT Cutoff of 90 percentile are eligible for the shortlisting process. After shortlisting, selected candidates need to appear for WAT and Personal Interviews. In addition, IIM Indore’s five-year-long Integrated Program in Management (IPM) is the first of its kind management program offered by the IIMs. Under this course, students can join IIM Indore after completing class 12. Further, Admission to the IIM Indore IPM program is based on the basis of IPMAT score, conducted by IIM Indore. Candidates qualifying the IIMI Cutoff will be further called for a Personal Interview. IIM Indore IPM Admission PI will be conducted in offline in a total of 34 cities across India. Apart from IPM, IIM Indore also offers PGP in Human Resource Management PGP-HRM and Executive MBA. For better education and industry integration, IIMI set up a satellite campus in Mumbai offering courses like PGPM for working Executives (PGPMX).
IIM Indore has recently concluded the EPGP Placements 2022 with the highest package reaching as high as INR 70 LPA, witnessing a surge of 114%. The participating batch comprised a total 57 students. Further, the average salary of EPGP students in IIM Indore increased by 28% reaching INR 25.4 LPA this year. The institute has also released its 2022 PGP HRM, PGP & IPM Placement data. The highest salary stood at INR 49 LPA for the PGP & IPM batch, INR 36 LPA for the PGPHRM batch. IIM Indore in collaboration with IIT Indore has released a new program i.e Master of Science in Data Science & Management. The program is offered online mode for a duration of 2 years.
The best thing about MBA course is that a student from any field, be it science, commerce or arts, can pursue this 2 year masters degree course.
IIM Indore Highlights
- Accreditation: IIM Indore is the second IIM in the country to receive triple accreditation from AMBA, UK AACSB, USA and EQUIS, European Union.
- Ranking: IIM Indore ranks #6 as per NIRF Ranking 2021. IIM Indore has been ranked 3rd for PGP in Central Asia (2nd in the country) and 12th for EPGP in Central Asia (9th in the country) by the Eduniversal Best Masters and MBA Rankings 2021. It has also bagged 7th rank in overall and 2nd rank in future orientation category in BT-MDRA Best B-schools survey 2021 rankings.
- Low Fees: IIM Indore PGP Fee charges are INR 17.06 Lakhs and this is the lowest among the top six IIMs.
- Intake: In comparison to other top Management Colleges in India, IIM Indore has the highest intake of 550+ students in its PGP program including dual degrees – IPM and PGP offered at Mumbai as well.
- Admission Process: IIM Indore PGP Admission is a 3 - step process. Including CAT and academic scores, followed by PI Round. In the final selection process, 20% weightage has been assigned to CAT 2021; 40% weightage to Class 10 & 12 Score. The college will conduct WAT if the interviews are conducted in Offline format.
- Placement Stats: The highest salary was bagged by EPGP batch. Average salary stood at INR 25.01 LPA for the PGP-IPM batch, INR 20.3 LPA for the PGPHRM batch & INR 25.9 LPA for the EPGP students.
- Faculty: IIM Indore has a total of 104 faculty members holding doctoral degrees in areas of Management both nationally and internationally.
- Student Exchange: IIM Indore Students also partakes in Student Exchange programs with International Universities like Alba Graduate Business School Greece, Asian Institute of Management Manila, Auckland University of Technology New Zealand, Baruch College NY USA, Bocconi Italy, EDHEC France, Egade BSchool Mexico, EM Lyon Business School France etc.
IIM Indore Admission Dates
Registration, Inauguration & Orientation Programme (PGPMx)
July 30, 2022 – July 31, 2022
IPMAT Registration 2022 Last date (IPM)
May 25, 2022
IPMAT 2022 Admit Card Download Start Date (IPM)
June 18, 2022
IPMAT 2022 Exam date (IPM)
July 2, 2022
IPMAT 2022 Result Date (IPM)
July 15, 2022
IIM Indore Placements 2022
IIM Indore recently completed the 2022 placement drive of its PGP & IPM batch. The highest salary increased by 18% & the average salary increased 6% compared to the previous year. Consulting firms were the top recruiters as 31% of the offers came from the consulting sector. 30 new recruiters visited the campus this year. Some of the major recruiters included Accenture, Deloitte, EY, Infosys, Crisil, DE Shaw, Goldman Sachs, HDFC Bank and many more. Here are the highlights of the PGP-IPM batch placement drive:
- 180 recruiters visited the campus.
- The highest salary package of INR 49 LPA was received.
- An average salary of INR 25.01 LPA was offered to the students.
- Top 100 students bagged an average salary of INR 37.95 LPA.
- Top 200 students received an average salary of INR 32.75 LPA.
- 31% of the offers were made from Consulting firms & 20% of the offers were made from Finance firms.
IIM Indore Summer Placements 2023
IIM Indore also completed the summer internship placement drive of its 2021-23 MBA batch. The batch comprised 472 MBA students & 101 MBA (Dual Degree) students. More than 30 new recruiters visited the campus. Students received internship offers from recruiters like Accenture, Deloitte, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, Amazon, Capgemini and many more. The highlights of the summer internship placement drive are mentioned below:
- 150+ recruiters participated.
- The highest stipend increased by 25% & stood at INR 4 Lakhs per month.
- An increase of 11% in the average stipend was observed. It stood at INR 2 Lakhs per month.
- Top 100 students received an average stipend of INR 3.1 Lakhs per month.
- Top 200 students received an average stipend of INR 2.75 Lakhs per month.
- The highest number of internship offers were made in the Sales & Marketing domain followed by the Consulting.
- The highest CTC for PGP HRM Course stood at INR 36.4 LPA.
- There was 12.2% increase in the average CTC to INR 20.46 LPA.
IIM Indore Ranking
Following IIM Indore Rankings that were awarded in the previous years are summarised below:
- IIM Indore bagged #6 rank in NIRF 2021 Rankings.
- IIM Indore ranked #3rd amongst all schools in the west-zone in the BT-MDRA Business School Ranking 2021.
- IIM Indore #2 among all Bschools in India under the future Orientation Category in BT-MDRA Business School Ranking 2021.
- The college has also been ranked #5 among the amongst the IIMs and the top government bschools in the country by BT-MDRA Business School Ranking 2021.
- IIM Indore has been ranked at 151 spot in the list of QS World University Rankings 2022.
- IIM Indore ranked #94 out of 100 in Top B-Schools of the world by FTA Global MBA Ranking 2021 for EPGP.
- NIRF 2021 ranked IIM Indore at #7, among the top 10 MBA Colleges.
- IIM Indore ranked #5 out of 100 by Outlook-ICARE India 2021
- IIM Indore is ranked #101 out of 130 by QS Global MBA Ranking 2021.
- IIIM Indore is ranked 3rd in General Management in Central Asia by Eduniversal Best Master 2021
- It has also bagged 12th rank in Executive MBA in Central Asia in MBA Ranking in 2021.
- IIM Indore was also ranked #10 out of 50 by Economic Times B-School in 2021.
IIM Indore Scholarships
The need-based financial aid (NBFA) at IIM Indore is offered to those students requiring financial backing. This scheme has been functional since 2004. There is also a provision for merit-based scholarship. Some more details are as follows:
Name of Scholarship
Value of Scholarship
State Bank of India Scholarship
State Bank of India
Eicher Motors Ltd.
Apart from this, various awards and medals are also provided to students by IIM Indore.
IIM Indore Alumni
IIM Indore has great a great alumni network with 235 working in Media and Communication. Some of the prominent alumni of the institute are:
- Siddharth Kasushal (PGP 2007-2009 batch) is the District Superintendent of Police (SP). He is the first police officer from Andhra Pradesh to receive the ‘7th G Files Governance Award 2019’.
- Anita Sharma (FPM 2016 Batch) is honoured by with the Positive Health Award for her initiative known as Drive on My Own: a car driving solution for people with less mobility.
- Altamash Aslam (PGP 2015) and Kartik Sudarshan (PGP 2009) are the Brand Managers of some of the Hit Reality Shows like The Kapil Sharma Show, KBC, Indian Idol, etc. They have been recently awarded for the marketing campaign of KBC 2017.
- Hussain Haidry (PGDM) is a Poet, Writer and Lyricist. He has even written lyrics for Indian Cinema.
The following Alumni of IIM Indore have their own startups
- Mudit Consul (PGP 2005) – Life & Pursuits
- Harshmeet Arora and Abhishek Menon have their own starts ups – VOW CarClinic
At present, 191 alumni are working in ICICI Bank, 189 in Cognizant, 143 in TCS, 125 in Accenture and 91 in Wipro Limited.
IIM Indore FAQs
Q. What percentile is required for IIM Indore final shortlist?
Ans. The IIM Indore composite score cutoff for the final admission offer to the general students has been 46 % for its 2021-23 MBA Batch. The final composite score of the institute may be the same for its admission shortlist or with a slight change.
Q. What is the minimum cut off requirement to qualify for the IIM Indore shortlisting process for PI round?
Ans. The minimum requirement to qualify for the shortlisting process for PI round is CAT 2021 sectional score of 80 percentile and 90 overall percentile. IIM Indore is the only among the 20 IIMs which awards such a high weightage to academics in shortlisting criteria.
Q. Is it really tough to get into IIM Indore?
Ans. For getting into IIMs, candidates are required to undergo thorough preparation and practice to ace this section. Questions come from a wide range of topics from the basic level mathematics of 9th-grade to the higher 12th-grade mathematics.
Q. Is there any scholarship available from the institute to IIM Indore IPM Students?
Ans. Yes, there is a Need-based Financial Assistance provided to the students shortlisted for IMP Course at IIM Indore. Candidates with an annual family income below INR 9,00,000 are eligible to apply for financial aid.
Q. Is the IIM Indore Student Exchange Program really fruitful for students?
Ans. Over the years IIM Indore has established strong relationships with several universities and business schools around the world and the list continues to grow. Hence, IIM Indore has been very active in engaging many of its home students in exchange programs with universities abroad. Participating in the exchange program requires a student of IIM Indore to undertake full-time study for one or two semesters at any of its international partner institutes.
Q. How are the hostel facilities at IIM Indore?
Ans. IIM Indore Hostel facilities for students have separately located blocks for male and female students. The rooms are fully equipped with all the necessary amenities like a bed, mattress, table, chair, and a large wardrobe for every student. A LAN port is provided for internet connectivity in every room. Every room has attached washrooms and a balcony.
Q. What is an international module in IIM Indore EPGP?
Ans. The applicants pursuing EPGP at IIM Indore are required to get into an international immersion program with one of the top B-Schools of the world. It is a mandatory exercise for the award of an EPGP degree.
Q. What is IIM Indore CAT Cut for MBA?
Ans. The minimum CAT cut-off to be eligible for the MBA admission process trends to the same for the last 2 years. The Overall minimum Cut off is 90 and the sectional cut-off is 80. However, the actual cut-off percentile of IIM Indore is between 96-98.
Q. What is seat intake of IIM Indore IPM?
Ans. Admission to the IPM course at IIM Indore is offered for 150 seats for Indian national Candidates. After IPMAT, candidates are shortlisted for Written Ability Test (WAT) & Personal Interview (PI).
Q. Which kind of clubs are there for IIM Indore students?
Ans. IIM Indore has separate clubs for different course students. As for PGP Students, there are Active Club and Interest Club. Similarly, IPM students have 4 clubs such as:
- Activity Club
- Entrepreneurship Cell
- Social Club
- Special Interest Groups
Q. Where will IIM Indore conduct PGPM Executive classes?
Ans. IIM Indore has also set up a satellite campus in Mumbai offering various management courses. The institute administers PGPM classes for working Executives (PGPMX) at its Mumbai campus.
Q. Is the International module compulsory or is it optional for IIM Indore MBA students?
Ans. Yes, under the MBA course rigor, IIM Indore offers International Exchange Programmes which is a compulsory module for all the participants.
Q. Is a calculator permitted in IPMAT entrance conducted by IIM Indore?
Ans. No real calculators are allowed in the IIM Indore IPMAT online exam. Students may use a virtual on-screen calculator can be used during the exam for solving tough problems.