KCET 2019 Exam Information
KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) is conducted for the candidates who wish to get admission in the courses like Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Agriculture, and Dentistry. This exam also called as Karnataka CET or K CET or Kar CET exam. It is one of the prestigious state-level entrance exams which provide the candidates a professional under graduation courses in the top institutions of Karnataka. Karnataka CET examinations were started in the year 1984. KCET was conducted for Architecture and Medicine courses earlier. Candidates aiming for admission in B.Arch courses in Karnataka have to appear for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture). It is an All India Level Entrance Exam conducted by the Council of Architecture. Medical and Dental courses admission in Karnataka will be done through NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). It is an All India Level Entrance Test conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).
More than 100 Health Science and Engineering colleges in Karnataka provide admission to the candidates based on the KCET cut off. Candidates who have passed 2nd PUC/ 12th standard or appearing for the exam can appear for KCET 2019. Also, they must have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate. It is an offline and a state-level exam. KCET 2019 registration will be available from February to March month. Nearly 1.85 lakh candidates attempted the CET 2017 exam for 53000 seats in about 220+ colleges across Karnataka. KCET 2019 will be conducted by KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority) tentatively in April.
KCET 2019 Exam Date
Various colleges in Karnataka will accept the KCET scores and it makes a way for the candidates to get admission in leading Government and Private colleges in the state. KCET exam is managed by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA). Candidates aiming for KCET 2019 exams must keep them updated on the important dates of the examination. They must be aware of when will the KCT exam be conducted, when will the application forms be available, dates of result declaration and the counseling dates and schedule. The candidates who are willing for admission in Agriculture Quota in Farm Universities, KEA will conduct Agriculture Practical Test on April 27, 2019. KCET is an offline exam which will be held from April 18 to 20, 2019. Following are the exam dates for KCET 2019:
|Registration date for KCET 2019||February 1- March 18, 2019|
|Admit card availability date for KCET 2019||April 6, 2019|
|Biology & Mathematics exam date||April 18, 2019|
|Physics & Chemistry exam date||April 19, 2019|
|Kannada language exam date||April 20, 2019|
|Practical examination for Agriculturist exam date||April 27, 2019|
|Result declaration date for KCET 2019||June 1, 2019|
|Counseling date for KCET 2019||2nd week of June 2019|
Since NEET has become the National Level Medical/ Dental exam entrance test, KCET medical exam has been discontinued. There is no entrance exam for Architecture admission. It is done based on NATA scores or JEE Main paper 2 by KCET counseling. Karnataka High Court has passed an order for KEA to allow Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) holding OCI card to apply for the exam.
KCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
KEA has set the eligibility criteria for the candidates to get admission in various colleges in Karnataka. Only citizens of India will be allowed to apply for KCET 2019.candidates of Karnataka or candidates who have done their studies in Karnataka will have separate Reservation for KCET. Candidates who will appear for qualifying exam can also apply for this exam. 17 years of age is the minimum age to apply for KCET. There is no maximum age limit to appear for this exam. It is important for the candidates to check the eligibility criteria who are willing to apply for this exam. Following are the eligibility criteria required for the candidates to apply for KCET 2019:
|Name of the Course||Qualification||Aggregate %|
|MBBS/BD/ AYUSH||The candidates must have passed the second year Pre-University or 12th standard or its equivalent exam with Physics, chemistry, and Biology as their optional subjects and English as one of the languages of study||The candidates must have an aggregate mark of 50% in General Category and 40% marks for SC/ST, CAT-1, OBC (2A, 2B, 3A, 3B) category candidates.|
|B.Arch||The candidates must have passed 2nd PUC/12th class/Equivalent Exam with Mathematics as one of their optional subjects||The candidates must have an aggregate of 50% marks in General category and 45% marks for SC/ST, CAT-1, and OBC (2A, 2B, 3A, 3B) category candidates.|
|B.E/ B.Tech||The candidates should have passed in 2nd PUC/12th std/ Equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/Biology/Electronics/Computer Science as their optional subjects with English as one of their languages of study||The candidates must have an aggregate of 45% marks in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/Bio Technology/Biology/ Electronics/Computer and 40% aggregate marks in SC/ST, CAT-1, and OBC (2A, 2B, 3A, 3B) category.|
|Farm Science Courses||The candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC/12th Std/Equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry,|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry Course C||The candidates should have passed in 2nd PUC/12th Std with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and English subjects||The candidates should have an aggregate mark of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. Also 40% of aggregate marks for SC/ST, CAT-1, OBC (2A, 2B, 3A, 3B) category.|
|B-Pharma||The candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC/12th Std with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or must have passed in Diploma in Pharmacy Examination from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India||The candidates should have an aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects and 40% aggregate marks for SC/ST, CAT-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates in the qualifying examination or they must have an aggregate of 45% marks in Diploma examination and 40% for SC, ST, CAT-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates.|
|2nd Year B. Pharma||The candidates must have passed in Diploma in Pharmacy Exam from an approved institution by the Pharmacy Council of India||The candidates must have an aggregate of 45% marks in Diploma Exam and 40% for SC, ST, CAT-1, and 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates.|
|Pharma-D||The candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC/12th Std with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or must have passed in Diploma in Pharmacy Examination from an approved institution by the PCA.|
The following is the list of the candidates who are not eligible for KCET 2019:
- The candidates who got passed in the qualifying exam in other universities that are not listed under KEA.
- Also, the candidates who passed in the Karnataka State Open University also will not be eligible to appear for KCET 2019.
- And the candidates who will appear for the qualifying exam in 2019 and whose result is awaited can apply but if they do not pass the qualifying exam with a mentioned pass percentage of marks cannot be granted permission for the exam.
KCET 2019 Registration
Karnataka Examination Authority will release the application form in the 1st week of February in online mode. The candidates will also need to pay the application fee along with the application form of KCET 2019. The procedure for filling the application form will include registration, personal details, academic details, uploading photo and signature, payment of fees, etc. It is important for the candidates to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. If the candidates commit any mistake in filling the application form for KCET 2019, the candidates need not to panic as KEA will provide correction facility in the last week of March so that the candidates can rectify their errors. It is mandatory for the candidates to qualify in the 12th standard examination in order to appear for KCET exam. The candidates should fill the application form on or before the last date for filling the application.
Instructions to be kept in mind before filling the KCET 2019 registration form:
- The candidates should apply online as there is no paper and pen mode i.e. offline mode for filling the form is available.
- The candidates should visit the official website kea.kar.nic.in in order to fill the application form.
- Almost all the details required to be entered in the application form will be readily available information.
- There are 2 phases for filling the application form which will include the steps for entering the details and also editing the declaration of all the details which entered are correct and no further changes will be allowed.
- While filling the application form, the candidates should not attach any documents or any certificates to KEA in support of any claim for the candidates but the candidates should mention their claim for their eligible reservation.
Application dates for KCET 2019:
|Application form for KCET will be available from||February 1, 2019|
|Last date for submission||March 22, 2019|
|Last date to pay the Application Fee||March 22, 2019|
|Correction or editing of KCET 2019 Application form||March 27-31, 2019|
|Admit card availability||April 06, 2019|
|Exam date||April 18 & 19, 2019|
|Kannada Language exam date (only for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates)||April 20, 2019|
2019 KCET Application Form- Phase I:
The candidates can edit their details in the first phase of application form any number of times. This phase involves the following steps:
Step 1: Registration for KCET 2019
- Whether the candidate is a citizen of India? (Only Indian citizens will be allowed to apply for KCET 2019).
- Whether the candidate has appeared for 2nd PUC Science annual examination 2019?
- If the candidate has appeared for the PUC exam, then he/she should provide the 13 digit student number assigned by PUC
- Provide the following details in KCET 2019 application form: candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, date of birth, mobile number, e-mail ID, user- ID, password, security code, etc.
- Put a tick mark on ‘’I have downloaded the information booklet and I have read the instructions carefully’’.
- Click on the submit button.
- The registration number and the user ID will be displayed on the screen and also will be sent to the registered mobile number and e-mail ID.
- Enter the user ID, security code and click on ‘’login button on the login page’’.
Step-2: Filling the online KCET 2019 application form
KCET 2019 Exam Pattern
KCET will conduct admission for the first year engineering and pharmacy courses. It will be conducted on 18 April for Biology & Mathematics exam and 19 April for Physics & Chemistry. The time duration for each paper will be 80 minutes. Nearly 60 sets of question papers will be created for this exam. No negative markings are allotted in this exam. The question paper will contain 60 MCQ’s. Each correct answer will carry one mark.
Detailed Pattern of KCET 2019:
- KCET is an offline exam that i.e., paper and pen mode exam.
- For each paper, the time duration will be 70 minutes and extra 10 minutes which will be meant for reading and filling in other details.
- For completing 3 papers, the total time duration will be 210 minutes i.e., 3 hours 30 minutes.
- For each paper, there will be 60 questions.
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Type of questions||Objective|
|Language of exam||English and Kannada|
|Number of questions||180 (Physics-60, Chemistry-60 & Mathematics-60)|
|Duration of exams||80 minutes each|
Duration of the exam:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Time in minutes|
Candidates willing to appear for KCET 2019 exam must prepare properly by using perfect strategies to clear this test. The exam questions will be based on 10 and 12 class syllabuses. So the candidates must be thorough in it. Following are some preparation strategies for cracking KCET 2019:
KCET 2019 Syllabus
KCET 2029 syllabus will be based on 1st and 2nd Pre-university Course (PUC) syllabus. The candidates aiming for medical and farm science degree should learn using Physics, Chemistry and Biology syllabus given below. For engineering, the candidates must learn Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics syllabus. Following is the syllabus for each subject for both 1st and 2nd year:
Mathematics 1st Year PUC Syllabus:
|Introduction to 3D Geometry||7|
|The principle of Mathematical Induction||5|
|Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations||9|
|Permutation and Combination||9|
Mathematics PUC 2nd Year Syllabus:
|Inverse Trigonometric Functions||8|
|Application of Integrals||8|
Physics 1st Year Syllabus:
|Units and Measurement||3|
|Motion in a Straight Line||7|
|Mechanical Properties of Solids||4|
|Mechanical Properties of Fluids||4|
Physics PUC 2nd Year:
|Magnetism and Matter||7|
Chemistry: PUC 1st year:
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||8|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||8|
|s – Block Elements||6|
|Some p-Block Elements||7|
Biology PUC 1st Year:
KCET 2019 Admit Card
KEA will issue the admit cards for KCET exam on April 6. The candidates can download the admit card after successfully completing the application process. In order to appear for the exam, the candidates should have a print copy of their admit card. The candidates will not be allowed inside the exam hall without admit card. The admit card will contain details like exam center, exam date, registration number, photograph, signature. The candidates can download the admit card on the official website of KEA. Following are the important details regarding KCET 2019 admit card:
|Admit card availability||2nd week of April 2019|
|Examination date||2nd & 3rd week of April 2019|
|Agricultural quota practical examination||3rd week of May 2019|
Procedure for downloading KCET 2019 Admit card:
- Log on to the official website kea.kar.nic.in
- Click the link, “KCET Admit Card 2019”
- Provide your Application number and password
- And click “Submit” button
- At last, download the admit card and take a print copy of it.
Following are the required documents needed to be carried for KCET 2019:
- Admit card
- Colored passport size photograph
- Valid id proof
Following is the tentative exam schedule for KCET 2019:
KCET 2019 Result
KEA will release the KCET 2019 results on 1st week of June in online mode. The candidates who appeared for the exam can check their results by providing their registration number and password. The candidate’s score, the rank card will be mentioned in the result. The allotment of seats for the candidates will be done on the basis of their marks. The candidate’s score and rank will be considered for the counseling and seat allotment for B.Tech programs.
Steps to check KCET result 2019:
- Log on to the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority
- Provide your Registration number
- Click the submit button
- View the result and download it
- Check whether there are any changes in the qualifying marks and if there is any discrepancies were found, then it can be challenged
- The rank list of first 2000 candidates will be displayed on the official website.
Following are the details that will be mentioned in the scorecard:
- The subject wise score of the candidates
- Total score secured by the candidates
- Answer with response
- Candidate’s rank in the exam
The cutoffs for KCET 2019 entrance test will be published in the second week of June 2019 by the authorities. Following are the category wise cut-off for KCET 2019:
Following are the factors that will affect the cutoffs each year:
- The total number of candidates writing for the exam.
- The number of seats available for each course.
- The difficulty level of the question paper.
- The candidates’ average score in the entrance test.
- The reservation of the seats in different categories for the candidates.
Following are the steps required to check the cutoff:
- Log in to the official website of KEA and click on it.
- The cut-offs for the various institutions, courses, and categories will appear in the screen in PDF format.
- The general and Hyderabad-Karnataka candidates’ cut-off will be available separately.
There will be minimum rank required by the candidates to pass in KCET exam. The official cutoffs for 2019 KCET have not been released yet. So the candidates can refer to the previous year KCET cutoffs of top colleges for reference. The cutoffs for Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Electronics Engineering are given below: