SMIT 2019 Exam Information
SMIT or Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology conducts their annual entrance examination to allow the students to get an opportunity for studying under the Sikkim Manipal University. The examination is known as SMIT and has been approved by the AICTE and NBA. The entrance examination opens the door to the students for taking up different degree courses in both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. By writing and getting qualified in the SMIT entrance examination, mostly the students get chance in courses in different fields like engineering, management, basic science and computer applications. All the UG and the PG courses are offered to the students who score well and are selected in the SMIT entrance examination. The examination is based on the national level and therefore is not a very easy examination to crack. The students need to be well aware and knowledgeable about their subjects.
The SMIT or Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology was established in the year of 1997 as a joint collaboration with the Sikkim Government and Manipal Group which was driven towards the goal to deliver the first Public-Private educational institution in the domicile of India. They have more than 3000 students currently studying under their institution and a faculty strength of more than 260+ professionals have been established. The institute has state-of-the-art infrastructure and campus which is spread over an area of 33 acres. The students who get admitted to SMIT by appearing for the entrance examination are offered with a wide range of facilities that help them to enhance their career goals and objectives. The meritorious students can also apply for various scholarship programs that are conducted by SMIT authorities. It is important that the candidate is well aware of a different kind of information that is required to successfully register and appeared for the SMIT examination.
SMIT 2019 Exam Date
The important dates for the SMIT 2019 examination have been declared by the SMIT authorities. All the candidates should keep a good tap on these dates so that they do not miss any of the important procedures and events that can lead to any problem regarding the exam. The important dates of declaration of results, availability of application form, registration etc. are the vital details about the exam. Here are the important dates of the SMIT entrance.
Important Dates for B.Tech Candidates
|Last date for receipt of duly filled application forms for SMIT offline Test & JEE||April 20, 2019|
|SMIT Offline test for B.Tech||April 30, 2019|
|Publication of Result of SMIT Offline Test||May 5, 2019|
|Counselling for SMIT 2019||May 25, 2019|
|2nd round of counselling through JEE/SMIT Offline Test||June 2, 2019|
|Last date for receipt of duly filled application Forms (for Lateral B.Tech Candidates)||July 10, 2019|
|Screening Test (for Lateral B.Tech Candidates)||July 19, 2019|
Important Dates for BBA/MBA Candidates
|Last date for receipt of duly filled Application Forms||August 5, 2019|
|Counselling for BBA||Direct admission within 5 August 2019|
|GDs/PIs & counselling for MBA at SMIT for MAT/CAT applicants||June 28 & July 19, 2019|
|GDs/PIs & counselling for MBA at SMIT for Non- MAT/CAT applicant||June 29 & July 20, 2019|
SMIT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the different degree courses offered at the Sikkim Manipal University of Technology is very much important for the students to keep a track of. The students should be really well aware of the criteria and only if they match all the criteria they should start preparing for the upcoming events as mentioned above. Without the eligibility, the students will not be able to sit for the exam and they should also have all the important documents to support their eligibility. Here are the different eligibility criteria for different courses offered here.
|DEGREE COURSE||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA|
|Bachelor in Technology||
the candidates should have passed 10 + 2 Board examinations with a minimum of 50% marks in the compulsory subjects of Physics and Mathematics. They should also have an additional subject from any of these – Chemistry/ Biology /Biotechnology /Computer Science.
candidates belonging to reserved candidates will need to have 45% of minimum marks in the board examination.
|Bachelor in Technology (Lateral Entry)||candidates should have an appropriate diploma or degree in any of the branch of engineering or B.Sc with Mathematics as the compulsory subject and 60% mark in aggregate. The candidates of reserved categories will need to have 55% aggregate marks.|
|Bachelor in Computer Applications||Candidates should have passed 10+2 board examination in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks in the overall aggregate.|
|Bachelor in Business Administration||Candidates should have passed 10+2 board examination in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks in the overall aggregate.|
SMIT 2019 Registration
The registration process for the SMIT 2019 examination is very much important. It is conducted by the SMIT authorities on their official website. The candidates will need to follow some important steps to ensure that they have successfully registered themselves under the website. The important dates for the registration and submitting of the application form have been mentioned in the table below.
|Last date for receipt of duly filled application forms for SMIT offline Test & JEE for B.Tech Candidates||April 20, 2019|
|Last date for receipt of duly filled application Forms for BBA/MBA Candidates||August 5, 2019|
|Last date for receipt of a duly filled application for BCA/MCA/M.Tech Candidates||August 1, 2019|
Now that the candidates aware of the important dates tree will need to know how they can register themselves for the SMIT 2019 examination. Here are the important steps that the candidates will need to follow.
- The candidates are required to visit the official website of the SAAT 2019 examination.
- Once the webpage is open, the candidates will need to look for the “SAAT 2019 Registration” tab and click on it.
- Here they will have to create an account by entering their name, mobile number and email id.
- Then they will need to enter all the information which the form will be asking them.
- The candidates will need to upload a coloured passport size photo and also their signature.
- Before submitting the form, candidates should make sure that every detail are correct and then they will have to click on ‘SUBMIT’.
- Now the online payment of the application form will need to made or else the process will not be completed. The payment can be made via credit card, debit card or net banking as well.
- The application form can now be downloaded from the website as well and you can take a photocopy of it for future references.
SMIT 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the SMIT 2019 examination is based on the MCQ format and therefore the students need to practice efficiently to solve all the questions in the given time. The candidates will need to follow the exam pattern and study to make sure that they are ready to give their 100% and score well in the SMIT entrance examination. Here is the examination pattern for the SMIT 2019.
|MEDIUM||The SMIT 2019 Examination will be conducted in the medium of English regardless the subject a candidate has chosen.|
|MODE||The SMIT 2019 exam will be conducted offline at different exam centres.|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||There will be a total of 240 questions.|
|QUESTION TYPE||There will be multiple choice questions or MCQ. Each question will carry different options of the answer.|
|TOTAL DURATION||candidates will get 2.5 hours or 150 minutes to complete the SMIT 2019 question paper.|
|MARKING SCHEME||Every correct answer will carry 1 mark each and for wrong answers, there is no negative marking.|
|SECTIONS||There will be three major sections in the question paper each dealing with one major subject – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and General English & General Aptitude.|
So here are the important things regarding the SMIT 2019 examination pattern that the candidates should be well aware of. The different aspects of the exam pattern need to be examined well and the students will need to put stress especially on the time and give the effort to complete all the sections to increase their aggregate marks.
SMIT 2019 Syllabus
SMIT 2019 Syllabus consists of different concepts and theories from the three major subjects of science – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The candidates will need to prepare these subjects thoroughly and make sure they score well in every aspect. Here is the detailed syllabus for SMIT 2019 examination.
● Newton’s Laws of Motion: First law of motion – force and inertia with examples -momentum – the second law of motion, mention of spring force F=kx, mention of basic forces in nature – impulse and impulsive forces with examples – second law as applied to the variable mass situation – third law of motion etc.
● Fluid Dynamics: Explanation of streamline and turbulent motion – statement and explanation of Bernoulli’s Theorem – mention of the equation of continuity – mention of expressions for PE, KE and pressure energy of an element of a liquid flowing through a pipe etc.
● Work – Power – Energy: Work done by a force – power – units of power – energy – derivation of expression for gravitation potential energy and kinetic energy of a moving body – F.S – unit of work – graphical representation of work done by a constant and variable force – statement of work – energy theorem etc.
● Gravitation: Statement and explanation of Law of Gravitation – definition of G – definition of orbital velocity and escape velocity – mention of expression for variation of g with altitude – statement and explanation of Kepler’s Laws of planetary motion etc.
● Gas Laws: absolute zero – Kelvin scale of temperature – mention of the perfect gas equation – Statement and explanation of Boyle’s Law and Charles’ Law – definition of Pressure and Volume Coefficient of a gas – explanation of isothermal and adiabatic changes etc.
● Mode of heat transfer: Conduction of heat – steady state – temperature gradient – definition of coefficient of thermal conductivity – basic concepts of convection of heat – radiation – properties of thermal radiation – radiant energy etc.
● Waves: Waves around us – a brief note on light waves, sound waves, radio waves, microwaves, seismic waves – wave as a carrier of energy – classification of waves etc.
● Sound: Properties of sound – Doppler Effect – derivation of expression for apparent frequency in general case and discussion to special cases – the speed of sound in a gas – explanation of Newton’s Formula for the speed of sound – correction by Laplace etc.
● Refraction at a plane surface: Refraction through a parallel sided glass slab – deviation produced by a thin prism – dispersive power – derivation of expressions for lateral shift and normal shift etc.
● Introduction to Theories of Light: A brief explanation of Newton’s corpuscular theory, Huygen’s wave theory and Maxwell’s electromagnetic theory etc.
● Diffraction: Explanation of the phenomenon – the distinction between Fresnel and Fraunhofer Diffraction -qualitative explanation of diffraction at single slit and analysis of diffraction pattern etc.
SMIT 2019 Admit Card
The Admit Card for the 2019 SMIT entrance exam is very vital for every candidate to download and take a print out. Without this very crucial document, no candidate will be allowed to sit for the examination. The exam admit card contains some of these important details like –
- Name of candidate
- Photo and signature of the candidate
- Address of candidate
- Address of examination centre
- Time of the entrance examination
- List of valid identity proofs
- Other information related to the SMIT exam
Therefore every student should follow these mentioned steps to view and download their respective admit cards in the right manner.
- The students will need to first visit the official website of the SMIT 2019 examination and click on the “Admit Card/Hall Ticket 2019” tab.
- On this page, the students will need to log into their account which they created during the examination registration.
- The LOGIN details like the official name and password which the candidate created during the time of registration needs to be entered.
- Now, the admit card or the hall ticket of the respective candidate will be displayed on the screen. The students will be then able to download and take a print out of the admit card for future reference and uses during the examination.
All the candidates should change the details that have been mentioned in the admit card and check whether they are right or not. In case the students find any mistake they should contact the SMIT authorities and rectify them. So the first thing to do when viewing the admit card is to check whether all information has been placed correctly or not. Candidates can check the dates of the availability of the admit card from the SMIT 2019 IMPORTANT DATES tab.
SMIT 2019 Result
Once the students have successfully appeared for their examination, they will be eagerly waiting for the results. The results of the entrance examination will determine which candidates have been selected and will be provided with seats for different degree courses at Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology. Here are the important steps that need to be followed to view and download the results.
- The students will need to visit the official website of Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology.
- On the home page, they will need to search and click on the ‘RESULT 2019’ link.
- In the next page, the students will need to select their respective examination name and enter the ROLL NO. and other required details.
- Once all the information have been entered, they will need to click on the ‘SEARCH’ button and their respective result will be displayed on the screen.
- Now they can download the results and take out a print of the result for further steps.
So here are the important steps that will help the candidates to view and download their respective results for the SMIT 2019 examination. Once the results are out the candidates have been selected, the counselling process will be commenced. Here are some important documents that the students will need to carry during the SMIT 2019 Counselling process.
- Birth proof document / Class X Pass Certificate
- Marks sheet of class 10 board exam
- SMIT Hall Ticket / Admit card 2018
- Original JEE scorecard (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate from the previous institution
- Conduct/character certificate from the previous institution
- Migration certificate from the previous institution
- Domicile certificates for reserved category candidates
- Four identical passport size coloured photographs which should not be more than a month old.
So you are two important details and documents that the candidates should be carrying with themselves when arriving for the counselling process. It must be noted that if any candidate fails to appear in the counselling process, their seats will be cancelled and allotted to other candidates in the waiting list.
SMIT 2019 Cutoff marks have not yet been announced but the candidates can check the previous factors which have influenced cutoff marks for SMIT annual entrance exam.
- Number of candidates who will be appearing for the SMIT 2019 examination
- Total number of seats available in the institute
- The Reservation norms in the exam
- Admission trends of the previous year
- The difficulty level of the SMIT 2019 exam
- The marking scheme of the SMIT 2019 exam
So here are the important factors that influence the cut off marks of the Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology entrance examination every year. It is recommended that the students work hard and get a good score in the entrance exam so that they can clear the cutoff marks and be allotted to their degree courses.
Final Words – the vital and essential information for the SMIT 2019 examination have been discussed in this article. All the students are thus requested to read through it thoroughly and be familiar with the SMIT exam norms and regulations. Best of luck to all the candidates!