Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta Placements
IIM Calcutta Placements
While placement is not guaranteed by IIM Calcutta, the placement process implemented by the Career Development Cell (CDC) is a thorough and an extensive one that tries its best ensure that no student appearing for placement remains unemployed by the end of the season. The process also includes heavy student involvement as the Student Placement Representatives work in tandem with the CDC to verify that the students’ interests are fulfilled.
IIM Calcutta Placement Process Highlights
- The placement season usually begins when the student enters their seventh term.
- The process is mostly one week long and the final offers are made or decided during the placement week itself.
- The industry-specific programmes which cater to practising professionals have a rolling process in place to suit their needs and schedule.
- Sponsored students are not eligible for placements.
- Students on sabbaticals or study leaves from their employers are only eligible for placements if they can produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employers.
IIM Calcutta Placement Process 2019 Highlights
- The entire placement process was over in one day.
- The median salary offered to the placed candidates has increased from INR 24.2 lakhs per annum to INR 25.36 lakhs per annum.
- 15% of the student population got more than one offer.
- 123 companies had come over to IIM-C as recruiters.
- 501 job offers were made to 441 candidates participating in the placement process.
- The most popular domains turned out to be Consulting (with 29% of the batch) and
Finance (with 21% of the batch).
IIM Calcutta Placement Trends
|Year||Top Salary (in INR)||Average Salary (in INR)|
|2019||81 lakhs||25.36 lakhs|
|2018||75 lakhs||24.2 lakhs|
|2017||70 lakhs||20 lakhs|
Sector-wise Placement Breakdown
|Sector||Percentage of placement offers made||Top Recruiter Sector wise|
|e-commerce||16%||Aditya Birla Group|
|Sales and Marketing||14%||Mahindra|
|Year||Companies Visited||Highest Package||Average Package|
Accenture Strategy , Aditya Birla Group , Amazon , Bank of America , Bessemer Venture Partners , Citi Bank , EXL , Flipkart , Goldman Sachs , JP Morgan & Co , Merrill Lynch , Microsoft , Morgan Stanley , Star , Uber etc.
|75 LPA||24.20 LPA|