MICAT Entrance Exam 2021
MICAT 2021 Exam Date: MICAT (I) – 5th December 2020 and MICAT (II) – 30th January 2021
Last Date to Apply for MICAT II extended to 21st January 2021, 8 PM
Candidates can apply here – Application Form
MICAT (I) 2021 Result (Tentative): 21st December 2020
MICAT (II) 2021 Result (Tentative): 14th February 2021
MICAT 2021 Exam Information
Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad (MICA) is a top-rated institute that offers an AICTE approved the course which is equivalent to an MBA with specializations in marketing research, digital communication management, brand management, media management, and advertising management. AICTE is acronym for All India Council for Technical Education and have approved MICA since 1995. Along with the AICTE this exam is also approved by the Association of Indian University (AIU). MICA was established in 1991, located in the outskirts of the western Indian City of Ahmedabad and is a higher education institution for strategic marketing and communication skills in India. It offers numerous post-graduate certificate programs in the area of tactical communication and marketing either as entirely inhabited programmes or as online programmes.
MICA admission test is conducted for the admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM-C). It is performed twice in over 48 cities across the country for the selection of PGDM-C batch. Generally, the MICA admission test is a computer-based test and is conducted twice for admission to the batch in the resulting year. The entrance exam for the batch commencing in June/July, the part one which is MICAT 1 is held in December, and part 2 which is MICAT II is held in February.
It is necessary that the candidates have the valid scores of at least one of three eligibility exams CAT 2020, XAT 2021 and GMAT (2019 onwards). Candidate can apply for both the parts of MICAT exam or only one, but if the candidate chooses to apply for both the parts, then the best score out of two will be considered for the final submission. The final selection of the candidates will be decided after the group discussion and Personal Interview. The group exercise and the personal interview are generally conducted at Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru & Mumbai.
MICAT 2021 Exam Date
The selection method for PGDM-C 2021-23 is conducted twice to give ample opportunities to candidates. Candidates will have to apply for the MICAT I and MICAT II separately. MICA intends to provide more opportunities to aspirants by holding the entrance examination twice in December and February.
MICA Ahmedabad has already announced all the MICAT 2021 crucial dates. Candidates should keep the track the important dates to know the upcoming events of the MICA admission test. It is advised the candidate should keep checking the official website because MICA reserves the right to change, withdraw or introduce MICAT, Group discussion, and Personal interview centres or any event dates. The admission committee of MICA can decide to conduct re-examination on the same day or otherwise in case of any unforeseen circumstances that may occur during MICAT examination. The decision will be final and binding on the candidates.
Only the candidates who have cleared the MICAT I and MICAT II examination will go for the group exercise and personal interview round. Candidate should note the following important dates for MICAT 2021 examination: –
|Registration for MICAT I||October 2020|
|Last Date for Registration||November 25, 2020 at 11:50 pm|
|Issue of MICAT- I Call Letters/Admit Card||December 2, 2020|
|The entrance exam of MICAT I||December 5, 2020|
|Result of MICAT I exam||December 21, 2020|
|Registration for MICAT II Exam||November 26, 2020|
|Last Date for Registration||January 21, 2021. at 8 pm|
|Issue of MICAT- II Call Letters/Admit Card||January 27, 2021|
|Entrance exam for MICAT II||January 30, 2021|
|Result for MICAT II exam||February 14, 2021|
|GE & PI Shortlist||February 19, 2021|
|GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||March 9 & 10, 2021|
|GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai||March 13,14 & 15, 2021|
|GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata||March 19, 20 & 21, 2021|
|Final Results||End of March 2021|
MICAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates would need to meet specific parameters to appear for the exam. Therefore, it is essential for the candidates to check the eligibility criteria before they apply for the entrance examination. The admission committee of MICA may cancel the candidate’s a
dmission at the later stage if they find out the candidate doesn’t meet the specified eligibility criteria. Therefore, it must be carefully noted that the candidate should meet the eligibility criteria.
The critical points of the eligibility criteria are: –
- Candidates should have a valid score in one of the qualifying examinations namely CAT 2020, XAT 2021 or GMAT (2019 onwards).
- Earlier the MICA decided that candidates with below 90 percentiles in CAT exams are not eligible for MICA admission but later they changed and there is no specific cut off for CAT exam, but the candidate should have cleared it.
- CAT is considered as the eligibility criteria because it is a government mandate that the student should appear for the registered exams like CAT, GMAT, SNAP, etc.
- However, candidates stand a chance to get the spot offer if the candidate is among the top 10 percent of the candidates based on their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT out of all the candidates who appear in MICAT.
MICAT 2021 Registration
There are two parts for the MICAT exam part 1 and Part 2, and it has already released the application form for MICAT 2021. The application form for part 1 started in October 2020, and the last date for the application submission was 25th November 2020. The MICAT- 1 will conduct on 5th December 2020. The registration process for MICAT II will begin from 26th November 2020, and the last date for filling the application form is 21st January 2021. It is highly advisable to the candidates that they should check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. They should be ready with the requisite details and documents. MICAT commands 50% weight to candidates shortlisting in MICA, and 50% goes to CAT/XAT/GMAT.
The candidate should follow the below steps to fill the application form for MICAT 2021: –
- Candidate should click here to fill the application form of MICAT 2021 MICAT Link as the application is loaded only through the online mode.
- If the candidate is already registered then the candidate can log in with the user ID and password provided in the registered email ID. And for others, they should click on the new registration with necessary details and get the user id and password in the registered email ID.
- Once candidate have a login with the registered user ID and password fill the application form with personal details like name, address, birth details and others and select the MICAT exam centre in the various cities available.
- Candidate will need to fill the qualification details like percentage of marks, the name of the college, board or the affiliated university, address of university for Class X, Class XII and graduation or post-graduation. The candidate would also need to mention all the work experience which includes the name of the organization, designation, nature of work, duration of action with the company, and Industrial sector.
MICAT 2021 Exam Pattern
With the advancement in the digital world, the exam is conducted online. There will be a total of 144 questions in the review and candidate will have to be prepared for both the objective and subjective type of questions. The study uses the computer-based format where the candidate would need to click on the correct answer and subjective needs to be typed as per the instructions provided in the specific questions.
The total duration of the exam will be of 2 hours and 15 minutes.
The sectional break-up of the exam is as follows: –
|Name||Number of Questions||Time allocated|
|Divergent and Convergent Reasoning||30||105 Minutes|
The time management is the biggest challenge in MICAT entrance examination. It is mandatory to answer all the questions given in the exam paper as the test authorities may not evaluate the paper if the candidate has left even one question. It should be noted that the paper will be divided into six sections and it’s essential for a candidate to observe them: –
- Verbal Ability section has 25 questions, and it is to test the comprehension, grammatical skills, and vocabulary. Candidate should be careful while answering the questions as there will be negative marking for each wrong answer.
- General Awareness section also has 25 questions and for this candidate should update himself with the knowledge about current affairs. Keep track of last six months current issues and make a habit of reading newspaper.
MICAT 2021 Syllabus
If the candidate has appeared for the CAT exam before applying for the MICAT exam, then it is easy for a candidate to prepare for the MICAT.
Candidate is highly advised to prepare for the descriptive test as it is the only section that requires the utmost preparation. This section is based on essay writing, story writing, and psychometric analysis. If a candidate doesn’t want to struggle in the exam for the book, then the candidate should practice the writing daily. The earlier the planning and the preparation start the better is the result.
It would be extremely wise to go through the detailed syllabus of MICAT as it would correctly advise the candidate to prepare better for the exam. MICAT conducts the review twice a year, so candidate appear either in one part or both the parts.
To know the level of understanding, the candidate may take the quick test to analyse their aptitude level and writing skills through online or may ask for help from someone professional for this test. A candidate may see few below tips for the better preparation: –
- The part of the exam includes creative writing which is to test the candidate’s creative side and imagination. For this part, the candidate should start writing daily to improve candidate writing and read lots of Newspaper, Magazines, novels, and blogs.
- It is highly recommendable to practice writing the essay on any topic of candidate choice of about 250 words, and issues can vary from social matters to current affairs. A candidate may choose the topics like Environment is more important than development, Public opinion is vital for policy making, Hard work or smart work, capital punishments for criminals and more like this.
- Questions in the psychometric test are based on life goals, career goals, situational judgments and more like this to assess candidate strengths & weakness, personality, and moral values. Candidate should be honest and open mind while answering the questions for this. This part is all about candidate’s personality, so there are no wrong answers.
MICAT 2021 Admit Card
The admit card is the crucial thing for the candidate. Admit card for MICAT I to be released on 2nd December 2020 and admit card for MICAT II will release on 27th January 2021. Candidates should follow the below steps to download the admit card: –
- Candidates will have to click on the link to download the admit card on the official website.
- The login is necessary to download the admit card with the registered ID and password.
- The next step is to click on the hall ticket of MICAT hall ticket tab 2021.
- Candidates can download the admit card 2020
- Candidates should check all the information on the admit card of MICAT 2021.
- Candidates should take the print out of the admit card and keep it in the safe place for the future reference.
There will be every detail present in the admit card like Name of the applicant, MICA login ID, Password, Address of MICAT test location, Date and time at which MICAT 2021 will be held, Photograph of the student, Signature of the candidate, invigilator, and along with this other exam details too.
MICAT 2021 Result
Candidates who will clear the entrance examination will be called for the group exercise and the personal interview. The result of MICAT is declared only after considering the performance of the candidate in each section of the exam. The weight that is given to each round is mentioned in the table provided below:
The cut off the entrance examination is the minimum marks which the candidate must score to be eligible to participate in the next round. There are certain parameters which are generally taken into the account while determining the final cut off and they are the total number of candidates who appeared for MICAT, difficulty level of the exam; past year cut off trends and other vital things. In the previous season, many test-takers scoring between 58-66/105 failed for the second round as they had not cleared the Psychometric test, while someone clearing the Psychometric Test and scoring as low as 49/105 received a call for the Personal Interview: –
Though the MICA has not released the cut-off for MICAT 2021 yet, the sectional cut-off for MICAT past year is mentioned in the below table: –
|S. No||Sections||No. of questions||No. of questions to attempt|
|1||Psychometric Test||36||Mandatory to attend all the questions|
|5||Divergent – Convergent Reasoning||30||19-20|
|Total||145||45-47 (Expected overall cut off)|