SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai Overview
The SP Jain Institute of Management and Research was inaugurated in 1981 by the then Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Margaret Thatcher. It had its humble roots as a small extension of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan campus.
Today, it is the constituent business school of its parent organisation. The institute was named after Sahu Shreyans Prasad Jain of the influential Sahu family who financed the institution in its early days. At the time of its foundation, SP Jain was one of the three business schools in Mumbai.
SP Jain Mumbai provides MBA/postgraduate diplomas, executive MBA/PGDM, diplomas and fellowship programmes in finance, marketing, information systems and operations & supply chain management.
This sums up to there being a total of nine postgraduate programmes offered by the institution. The institution is headed by the venerable Ranjan Banerjee who serves as the Dean.
Other faculty members include well-known educators such as Ruppal Sharma who heads the marketing department, Debasis Mallik, programme head - GMP, Rajiv Agarwal who heads the institute’s Owner Management programme and Sushmita Srivastava who is an associate professor at the Human Resource Management programme among others.
SP Jain Mumbai was affiliated to the Bombay University in the past. However, not soon after the Sahu family stopped funding the institution, SPJIMR broke away from the university in order to have more freedom in creating their curriculum structure.
It is now affiliated to both the Association of Indian Universities and the Association of MBAs. The QS Global 250 MBA Rankings 2018 has ranked SPJIMR 201+ worldwide and 27+ in Asia.
In 2018, SRJIMR was ranked 19 among management schools in 2018 by the National Institution of Ranking Framework (NIRF). The Outlook magazine had put them sixth on their “Top 100 Management Schools” list in 2016.
SP Jain Courses and Fee Structure
The SP Jain Institute of Management and Research teaches a broad spectrum of subjects and offers multiple programmes and courses.
These include courses for postgraduates, executives, entrepreneurs, family businesses, government, returning women and non-profits.
PGDM batch Class size: The intake of the PGDM program is 240. An additional 36 seats have been sanctioned for PIO/OCI and Foreign Nationals. The maximum total intake of the program is up to 276 seats.
Specialization: Finance, Information Management, Marketing, and Operations & Supply chain.
Fees details: For Indian students is Rs. 16 lakhs and for International students is USD 33,600. (This fee includes tuition fee, basic hostel/ accommodation and global fast track. It does not include cost of travel, boarding, lodging, visa, insurance and incidentals for global fast track.) This fee is indicative and is subject to revision.
- SP Jain provides one of the most exclusive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programmes in the country. There are four specialisations offered: finance, information management, marketing and operations and supply chain.
- The Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) is a fifteen-month course targetted at working professionals who have at least five years of working experience and who want a boost in their careers.
- SPJIMR provides a diversified learning experience through its GMP (Global Management Programme). The programme collaborates with top FT-ranked reputed European and US B-Schools to offer a learning experience and a value proposition in line with your long-term global career aspirations. GMP partners with 3 B-Schools in Europe and 3 in the US.
- The institute has a Post Graduate Management Programme for Women (PGMPW) who are returning after being away from the industry for nearly two years.
- The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is a fulltime doctorate programme.
Course eligibility and fee
|Course||Eligibility||Fees (in INR)|
|PGDM||The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.||16.00 lakhs|
|PGPM||The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.||16.85 lakhs|
|Diploma||The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university. Only candidates with five years of work experience in the relevant field will be considered for admission.||2.5 lakhs|
|GMP||• Graduation with min. 60% • GMAT [min 550] or GRE [min 300] or CAT or XAT [min 80 percentile] • UMD Smith School of Business requires language proficiency: (i) IELTS score of at least 7 or, (ii) TOEFL score of at least 100 • Freshers and candidates with work experience can apply. To apply or for more info please click here||6.50 lakhs + GST (6 months in Mumbai)|
|PGP||The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university. Only candidates with five years of work experience in the relevant field will be considered for admission.||16.25 lakhs|
|PGPW||The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university. Only candidates with five years of work experience in the relevant field will be considered for admission. She must have been sabbatical for at least two years.||1.5 lakhs|
|Fellowship||The candidate must have a master's degree/integrated master’s degree/CA/ICWA/CS with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.||N/A|
SP Jain Admission Process 2020
Should the candidate’s result match the cutoff, they are listed for a round of group discussion and a personal interview. During this time, the faculty can engage the candidate and judge whether he fits into the SP Jain criteria or not.
1. PGDM in Specialisation of Choice
Eligibility: The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
Selection Process: The applicant’s score in CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT is taken into consideration along with their relevant work experience and performance in the interview round.
The applications for SPJIMR's Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Programme are now open. Aspirants can apply latest by 27th November 2020.
2. PG Programme in Specialisation of Choice
Eligibility: The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
Selection Process: Selection is made on the basis of the candidate’s GMAT/GRE/CAT/MAT/XAT score followed by an interview round.
3. Diploma in Specialisation of Choice
Eligibility: The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university. Only candidates with five years of work experience in the relevant field will be considered for admission.
Selection Process: Selection is made on the basis of the candidate’s GMAT/CAT/NMAT/XAT score followed by an interview round.
Eligiblity: Upto Graduation with min. 60%, GMAT [min 550] or GRE [min 300] or CAT or XAT [min 80 percentile] UMD Smith School of Business requires language proficiency: (i) IELTS score of at least 7 or, (ii) TOEFL score of at least 100 Freshers and candidates with work experience can apply
Selection Process: The selection of the candidates will depend upon profile, experience and GMAT/GRE/CAT/XAT score.
Eligibility: The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university. Only candidates with five years of work experience in the relevant field will be considered for admission. She must have been sabbatical for at least two years.
Selection Process: The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in the group discussion and personal interview rounds that follow,
Eligibility: The candidate must have a master's degree/integrated master’s degree/CA/ICWA/CS with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
Selection Process: Admission is administered to those candidates who have a valid score in CAT/MAT/GMAT/GRE/XAT/NET(Management).
SP Jain Results and Cutoff
The SP Jain Mumbai admits its students to their PGDM courses on the basis of their result percentile in at least one of the following: CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, other NLMEE. The cutoff percentile is usually released separately category wise and section wise.
The prospective students need to clear the sectional as well as an overall cutoff in order to get shortlisted for the next round in the SP Jain Mumbai selection process.
This following round consists of a group discussion and a personal interview. The applicants have to be aware of the last year cutoff trends in order to calculate the current cutoff.
SP Jain Mumbai CAT Cutoff 2018
|Course||Category||Cutoff Percentile 2018||Cutoff Percentile 2018|
|PGPMW Information Sciences||General||85%||85%|
SP Jain Mumbai Placements 2019
As of 2018, SPJIMR has reported a 30% jump in the number of placement participants who have been placed at big-name consulting firms in the final placement process of its postgraduate diploma programmes. The likes of Deloitte, TCS, Reliance and Accenture are all regular recruiters.
Placement Details - Description:
SPJIMR Mumbai Placement Highlights:
- Total number of students in SPJIMR - 238
- Number of students who opted out of placements - 4
- Number of jobs offers rolled out - 263
- Number of companies that recruited from SPJIMR - 114
- Number of companies that participated for the first time - 47
- Number of pre-placements offers rolled out - 81
- Average salary package offered - Rs. 22.24 LPA
- Median salary package offered - Rs. 21.35 LPA
- Salary Package for top 92% students - Rs. 17 LPA
- Salary Package for top 97% students - Rs. 16 LPA
Average Salary - for PGDM batch: 22.24 LPA
S P Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR) became the only privately run Indian B-School in the top 50 ranks in the Financial Times (FT) 2020 business school rankings.
This places SPJIMR in a coveted list of leading global players in management education.The Financial Times Masters in Management (FT MIM) features full-time masters programmes offered by schools that are accredited by AACSB or EQUIS.
SPJIMR is featured at rank 36, tied with the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, in the ‘Financial Times Masters in Management (MIM) 2020’, which is a ranking of the top management masters programmes worldwide. The SPJIMR ranking came was offered to the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), the two-year, full time, residential MBA-equivalent that is the Institute’s oldest programme.
Other Rankings :
- Business Standard- IMRB: Super League 1
- Business Today- MDRA: 4
- MBA Universe: 5
- Outlook: 6
- Business World: 7
- The Week: 8
- Youth Inc.: 8 (In Asia)
- A rich and lively student-teacher interaction is at the heart of SPJIMR's success. Our faculty members are known to be great teachers, who can bring alive the subject, encourage critical thinking and offer a wider, holistic perspective that is critical in today's complex business environment.
- Our faculty members are drawn from academia, industry, government sector and non-profits. We have more than 53 full time faculty members, of which 36 are PhDs. The average experience of the core faculty is over 18 years, with several who have come to academics after years of experience as practitioners. In addition, we have around 20 adjunct faculty and several more visiting faculties who engage with participants of various courses.
SP Jain Alumni Association
The SP Jain Institute boasts illustrious alumni who have achieved success on an international level. These names include the likes of Mahesh Madhavan – CEO of Bacardi Limited, Debjani Ghosh – President, NASSCOM and Naveen Prasad – the Co-founder and CPO of Independent Boutique.
The Alumni Association was formed with the objectives of increasing the digital presence of the alumni and showcasing the more prominent alumni to prospective students and stakeholders with the intention of furthering the college’s reputation.
Irfan A Khan (Class of 1997) President & CEO, Bristlecone
Mansi Madan Tripathy (Class of 1996) Managing Director, Shell
Debjani Ghosh (Class of 1993) President, NASSCOM
Rajesh Jejurikar (Class of 1986) President & CEO, Mahindra Rise
Sunil Lulla (Class of 1984) Group CEO, Balaji Telefilms Limited
SP Jain Scholarships
The PGPDM courses offered by SPJIMR was born out of the requirement to provide the best quality of training to those practitioners who have a firm commitment to the development sector.
SPJIMR has means to support these participants through academic scholarships. These academic scholarships are limited and are only offered to the needy and the meritorious participants.
GMP - Upto 100% merit-based scholarships
SP Jain Campus Facilities
The SP Jain Institute of Management and Research main campus is located in the heartland of Mumbai directly opposite to the famous Andheri Sports Complex and is in near proximity to shopping malls, recreation areas, restaurants and hospitals.
The campus has all the modern amenities expected from a world-class institution and offers a range of pedagogic, extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
The campus consists of residential blocks, classrooms, eateries and learning centres such as a library, IT centre and amphitheatres. The campus is connected to the internet via a wireless network, twenty-four hours a day.
- The SP Jain Mumbai is spread over an expanse of 45 acres in the heart of Mumbai city, the commercial capital of India. The campus is equipped with all the modern amenities characteristic of a world-class educational establishment. With a variety of pedagogic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and resources available on the campus, it encourages a highly enhanced learning experience.
- The campus comprises of residential facilities, cafeterias, classrooms and learning
SPJIMR Bhavan's Campus Munshi Nagar | Dadabhai Road, Andheri West | Mumbai - 400 058, India
Website - www.spjimr.org
College Email Domains - spjimr.org
Telephone - Tel: +91-22-2623-0396 / 2401 | +91-22-2623-7454 Fax: +91-22-26237042
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
|The Times Group||7|
|Youth Inc. (Asia)||8|
|Business Standard-IMRB: Super League||1|