Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad Placements
IIM Ahmedabad Placements:
The placement process practised by IIM Ahmedabad is a student-oriented process that aims to guarantee placements for the entire batch. The Placement Committee is elected by the student body and they act as liaisons between the Institute administration, students and recruiters.
The placement process for the PGP and PGP-FABM courses consist of two phases – summer placements for the first-years and final placements for the final year students. The placement for the graduating batch is conducted by two levels.
The first step sees the laterals process where and firms interview students with prior work experience for mid-level managerial positions. The final step sees companies from multiple sectors hire candidates.
IIM-A is the only IIM to provide its students with the flexibility of making “dream” applications to companies of their choice in a cluster even with an offer in hand.
IIM Ahmedabad Placements Highlights
- The placement season starts when the students reach their seventh term.
- The process is supposed to be one week long. The final offers are made or decided during the bounds of the placement week.
- The industry-specific programmes which cater to practising professionals have a rolling process in place to suit their needs and schedule.
- Sponsored students are not eligible for placements.
- Students on sabbaticals or study leaves from their employers are only eligible for placements if they can produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employers.
IIM Ahmedabad Placements Process 2019 Highlights
- The entire placement process was over in three days. The last date was 14-February-2019.
- The median salary offered to the placed candidates has increased from INR 27.2 lakhs per annum to INR 29.6 lakhs per annum.
- 139 companies had come over to IIM-A as recruiters.
- 184 job offers were made to the candidates participating in the placement process.
- The most popular domains turned out to be Consulting (with 27% of the batch) and
Finance (with 15% of the batch).
- 143 dream applications were made across 23 domains.
IIM Ahmedabad Placements Trends
|Year||Top Salary (in INR)||Average Salary (in INR)|
|2019||78 lakhs||29.6 lakhs|
|2018||73 lakhs||27.2 lakhs|
|2017||68 lakhs||23.35 lakhs|
IIM Ahmedabad Sector-wise Placement Breakdown
|Sector||Percentage of placement offers made||Top Recruiter Sector wise|
|Finance||15%||The Boston Consulting Group|
|Sales and Marketing||20%||Rabo Bank|
|IT Domain||2%||Amazon Web Services|
|Year||Companies Visited||Highest Package||Average Package|
ACCENTURE SERVICES PVT. LTD. , AIRTEL , AMAZON , ASIAN PAINTS , CITI BANK , DEUTSCHE BANK , GOLDMAN SACHS , JOHNSON & JOHNSON , JP MORGAN etc., NESTLE , P & G , RECKITT BENCKISER
|53 LPA||28.60 LPA|
Bain & Co , Bank of America etc., Citibank , Credit Suisse , Goldman Sachs , HSBC , Hedge Funds , Investment Banking and Markets , JP Morgan , Management Consulting , McKinsey & Co , Merrill Lynch , Monitor Deloitte , Morgan Stanley , Private Equity , Strategy , The Boston Consulting Group , Venture Capital
Accenture Strategy etc., Amazon , American Express , Bank of America Merrill Lynch , FinIQ , Microsoft