SRM Joint Entrance Examination for Engineering (SRMJEEE) 2020
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Information
SRM group of institutions like SRM Institute of Science & Technology (SRM IST) at Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani, Delhi-NCR, SRM University at AP Amaravati and at Sonepat (Haryana) offers nearly 206 programs in various field like Engineering and Technology, Management, Medicine and Health Sciences and also in Science and Humanities.
SRM institutions follow IDEAL strategy in the Engineering and Technology stream. IDEAL is Interdisciplinary Experiential Active Learning where the students can opt for UG degree with a specialisation or a minor course. This strategy is adopted in order to enhance the student’s skill in their core subjects. The students can plan their course and curriculum based on their interest. The course and the specialisation varies among the institutions. Students can opt any degree in engineering as minor course. The following is the list of course offered in engineering stream along with specialisation and minor courses. The student can select any combo of major, minor and specialisation courses.
|Major courses||Specialisations||Minor courses|
|Biomedical Engineering||Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning||Economics|
|Bioinformatics||Big data analytics||Finance|
|Computer Science||Cyber Security||Patent Rights|
|Electrical and Electronics||Internet of Things|
|Electronics and Communication||Software Engineering|
|Information Technology||Instrumentation Engineering|
|Robotics and Automation||CAD/CAM|
They will conduct SRM Joint Entrance Examination-Engineering (SRM JEEE) annually to take up students into various UG and PG programmes offered in their institution. The application forms are already out. Application for the SRMJEEE exam is done in online as well as offline mode. The exams are conducted in online mode. SRM Joint Counselling Committee for Admission (SRM JCCA) will take responsibility in conducting counseling for all the 6 institutions for getting admission into B. Tech, M. Tech and Ph.D. programmes.
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Date
SRMJEEE exams will be conducted usually in the month of April. But the applications will be available online before March 1st week. The aspirant must keep a track on it. The SRMJEEE (UG) exam will be conducted for about 10 days. The SRMJEEE exam date for each test center will be declared later. The candidate must book the slot for the exam as early as possible in order to get the preferred test center and session to appear for the exam. There will not be any change in the date and the exam center once it is declared by the jury. The following table lists the date to be remembered for UG and PG Degree.
|Course of events||Important dates|
|OMR Application Last Date||February 29, 2020|
|Deadline for online application||March 30, 2020|
|Application Form correction||First week of April, 2020|
|Booking of slot for examination||First week of April, 2020|
|Release of Admit card||Second week of April, 2020|
|Examination dates of SRMJEEE 2020||12th to 20th April 2020|
|Result Declaration||Last week of April 2020|
|Counselling Dates||First or Second week of May 2020|
Email ID and Phone number of the candidate cannot be edited after the first submission. So the candidate has to be careful in filling up those details. The candidate must ensure that the registered mobile number and email ID is valid throughout the admission process. Except for the exam dates, all the other dates are similar for both the PG and UG courses. For PG degree, the interview date for Automotive Hybrid Systems Engineering course will be announced later.
SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For Under Graduate course
The candidate who satisfies the following requirement is said to be eligible for taking up SRMJEEE UG exams 2020. The eligibility criteria are kept under three main cadre like nationality, age, and educational qualification. The requirement of educational qualification varies among the campuses whereas the other two criteria will remain the same.
|1||Nationality||Indians, Non-Resident Indians, Holders of PIO (Person of Indian Origin) or OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India) card given by GOI (Government of India) can take up SRMJEEE exams.|
|2||Age||The age limit must be of candidates, who born between 01 July 2000 and 01 July 2005 are eligible for taking up SRMJEEE UG exams 2020.|
SRMJEEE 2020 Registration
The registration process is much simpler for both the exams and it is the same. The candidate can do it in online as well as offline mode. For online mode, the payment can be made online as e payment or the filled online application can be downloaded, taken a print out and sent to SRMIST along with the demand draft.
- Keep the scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature to be ready before starting the application process.
- For the photo, the size must be between 10 to 200 KB with dimensions of about 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm.
- For the digital signature, the size must be between 10 to 200 KB with dimensions of about 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm.
- Open the official website https://applications.srmuniv.ac.in/
- Enter the details in the respective fields such as name, DoB, Preferred course, and campus, etc.
- The fields marked as * is mandatory. So don’t miss it.
- The documents are then to be uploaded and click on submit button.
- If possible the candidate can pay the application fees online.
- If not, the filled application form can be downloaded and sent along with demand draft (DD) in favor of SRMIST, payable at Chennai to the address given below.
The DD has to be sent to
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur,
Tamil Nadu 603203.
- The candidate can also fill up the computerized OMR form manually and sent it to SRMIST office on or before February 29, 2020.
- The candidate must take utmost care in filling the form since it is processed by the computer and editing will not be entertained.
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam format for SRMJEEE (UG) will be conducted only through online mode. It is computer-based test (CBT). The medium of instruction, as well as test language, will be in English. The duration of the exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes. Each right answer will carry 3 marks whereas there are no negative marks for wrong answers. The questionnaire is based on Multiple Choice Type (MCQ) with 140 questions.
The questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology (as selected by the candidate).
|S.No||Stream/Subject||No of Questions||Marks allotted|
|3||Maths / Biology||35||105|
The exam format for SRMJEEE (PG) is also the same. It is computer-based test (CBT). The medium of instruction, as well as test language, will be in English. The duration of the exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes. Each right answer will carry 3 marks whereas there are no negative marks for wrong answers. The questionnaire is based on Multiple Choice Type (MCQ) with 100 questions. In total, the candidate should have to score mark out of 300. The questions will be depending on their undergraduate level in which 10 questions will be from maths except for the programmes like Biotechnology and Food processing department.
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for SRMJEEE UG is given below. It covers various subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology (for life science course). The topics are given and for detailed syllabus, the candidate must check the official website.
- Units and Measurement
- Mechanics (Kinematics; Laws of Motion; Work, Energy, and Power; Rotational motion)
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Heat and Thermodynamics (Kinetic theory of gases & Thermal properties)
- Ray and Wave Optics
- Electricity and Magnetism (Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetism and Magnetic effects of current, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current)
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Electronics and Communication
- Dual nature of matter and nuclear physics
- Electronics & Communication
- Atomic Structure
- States of Matter
- Chemical Bonding, Molecular Structure, and s-& p- block elements
- Chemical Thermodynamics & Energetics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Catalysis, and Nuclear Chemistry
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card
The candidate must ensure that the registered email ID and the phone number is unchanged throughout the process. Till the final admission, the candidate’s email ID and mobile number will be used for the communication process. During the application process, the candidate can give the test center preference from the list given. Once the test session and the test center is chosen, it cannot be changed in any situation. The jury panel has the right to allot the test centre other than the candidate’s preference. The hall ticket is generated for the candidate who had completed the application process. The hall ticket will contain the following details like
- Name of the candidate,
- Address of the candidate,
- Photograph of the candidate,
- Address of the test center,
- Session in which the test is going to take place.
Step to download HALL TICKET
- Enter https://applications.srmuniv.ac.in/
- The candidate must log in using the registered mail ID and password in the pop-up
- If you forgot the password, click forget password in the pop-up
- Reset the password using the mail sent to your registered mail ID and then enter the password in the pop-up
SRMJEEE 2020 Result
The most expected part of the admission process is the results. SRMJEEE results will be available on their official website on First week of May 2020. The counselling date will also be published at the same time. The merit list will be prepared based on the score of SRMJEEE UG exams. The results will also be sent to the candidates email ID which is registered at the time of application process.
The score obtained in their 12th exam must be calculated and rounded it off to 3 decimal points. It shouldn’t be rounded off to the nearest integer while applying for the admission process.
- The admission is purely based on the results of SRMJEEE UG exams.
- Based on the marks the merit list will be prepared and will be released in the website.
- Then candidate will be called for the counselling process.
- SRM JCCA is responsible for conducting the counselling.
- The vacancy in the course will be decided by the jury as per the availability and demand.
- The candidate must produce valid original documents at the time of counselling. If any discrepancy found in the document the admission procedure of such candidate will be terminated even though the candidate scored good marks in their entrance exam.
- Upon preferring the course, the candidates must personally enrol them in the respective institute with their original documents (Birth certificate, mark sheets, etc).
- Availing the hostel facility is permitted only upon the complete payment of fees both the tution as well as hostel fees at the time of admission into the institution.
The model question paper and the answer key for the same is given in the following link
The Cut off is the minimum mark to get qualified for the particular course. The cut off mark will soon be updated by the university in their official website. The cut off is given in terms of rank. It is the last seat filled for that particular course. The cut off is decided by the number of candidates appearing for the exam, difficulty level of the question paper, demand for that particular course. The rank varies from each campus and for each course.
The number of seats will be declared as per the demand during the counseling. So the cut off will not be the determining factor. Since it is a deemed university, the jury has rights to declare the number of seats in the particular course as well as the course. The university will declare the cutoff the mark immediately after the release of results. The cut off for the year 2016 is given in the below table for each course and campuses. The cut off for the year 2018 will be declared on the official website shortly.