Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta Admission Process
IIM Calcutta Admission 2019:
Being one of the members of the very exclusive “ABC” Indian Institutes of Management, IIM Calcutta has a very long and strict admission process. Each year over 50,000 candidates tries at getting one of the 868 seats available for the postgraduate students.
Each and every one of the courses taught at IIM Calcutta has particular eligibility criteria. Should the candidate match the criteria, they can apply. For applying to the post-graduation programmes, the applicant must have sat for CAT (GMAT for international applications).
If they match the cutoff set by the institute then they are qualified for a personal interview and group discussion round. The candidate’s performance in these last couple of rounds will decide whether they are eligible for IIM-C or not.
IIM Calcutta Admission Highlights
- IIM Calcutta considers separate tests results for their various programmes. The details are listed below:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM): CAT, GMAT
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA): IIM-C Written Aptitude Test (WAT)
- Post Graduate Programme for Executives (PGPEX): GMAT
- Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX-VLM): WAT
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM): GMAT, GRE, CAT, GATE and UGC JRF
- A non-refundable fee is charged at the time of application. For General candidates, the amount charged is INR 1,900 while for SC, ST and PwD candidates, the amount charged is INR 950.
- Irrespective of the number of institutes the candidate is applying for, they have to pay the registration fee only once.
- IIM will conduct the online CAT 2019 on 25th November 2018.
- CAT will be conducted in over 147 cities with each candidate having the preference to choose at least one of the four cities.
IIM Calcutta Admission Schedule
CAT 2019 Important dates
|CAT 2019 notification||July 28, 2019|
|CAT 2019 registration – Start date||August 7, 2019|
|CAT 2019 online application – End date||September 18, 2019|
|Re upload of photograph, in case of mistakes in earlier CAT 2019 application form||Sep 2019 – Last week – expected on 25 Sep 2019|
|CAT 2019 – Release of admit card||October 23, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Examination date||November 24, 2019|
|CAT 2019 – Release of answer Key||4th week of December 2019|
|CAT 2019 – Result announcement||January 7, 2020|
IIM Calcutta Admission Dates
|Programme||Application Start Date||Application End Date||Declaration of Merit||Interview/ Entrance||Reporting on Campus|
|PGPEX||29-June-2019||22-Oct-2019||First Week Nov-2019||Third Week Nov -2019||16-Apr-2020|
|PGDBA||7-Dec-2019||14-Jan-2020||–||18-Feb-2019 and April-2019||–|
IIM Calcutta Admission Process
The list below should help elucidate the admission process to the postgraduate programmes taught at IIM Calcutta.
PG Diploma in Management
|A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification with at least 50% marks obtained by the candidate must follow the (10+2+3) norms.||A valid score in CAT or GMAT (foreign applicants) followed by a written exam and an interview.|
PG Diploma in Business Analytics
|A candidate from engineering background must have a BS or B Tech or BE or equivalent degree with 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate. Alternatively, they can have an integrated master’s degree or a B.Arch or an MBBS degree with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/ PwD) in aggregate.||The candidate is selected on the basis of their average score in the written test and the personal interview round.
|PG Programme for Executives||1 year||The applicant should be a Graduate in any discipline with 50% marks or equivalent grade points. They are required to have 5 years (and preferably less than 12 years) of work experience after graduation.||A valid score in GMAT followed by the candidate’s performance in the interview.|
PG Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing
|The applicant should be a Graduate in any discipline with 60% marks or equivalent grade points. They are required to have 5 years of work experience after graduation.||The candidate is selected on the basis of their average score in the aptitude test and the personal interview round.|
Fellowship Programme in Management
3 weeks to 3 months
|> A Master’s Degree or a five-year Integrated Master’s Degree in any discipline, with at least 55 % marks in the Bachelor’s as well in the Master’s degrees.
> A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 50% marks.
> A 4 year Bachelor’s degree with at least 60% marks.
|The selection of candidates to IIMB is made on the basis of their performance in either of the following: CAT, GATE, GMAT, GRE and UGC JRF. This is followed by personal interview rounds.