Best MBA Colleges in Chennai
Top MBA colleges in Chennai offer MBA and PGDM courses with various specializations. Chennai is home to around 149 recognized MBA/ PGDM colleges, out of them around 122 are private and 24 are government MBA colleges in Chennai.
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras - [DoMS IIT Madras], and Great Lakes Institute of Management are ranked 10 and 31 respectively among the top MBA colleges in India by NIRF Ranking 2022.
- Some of the top Distance MBA colleges in Chennai are the University of Madras, the Institute of Distance Education Chennai, and Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University, Directorate of Distance Education-Chennai.
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras - [DoMS IIT Madras], Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, and Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R and D Institute of Science and Technology - [Vel Tech] are some of the top MBA colleges in Chennai in Marketing.
- MBA admissions in the top MBA Colleges in Chennai are mostly done through various management entrance exams such as CAT, TANCET, MAT, etc followed by a Group Discussion or personal interview round.
- Academy of Maritime Education and Training University - [AMET], SRM Institute of Science and Technology Ramapuram Campus and Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, College of management are some of the top MBA colleges in Chennai without entrance exams.
- The average fees for government colleges can be between INR 2 - 22 lakhs while in private colleges it can be between INR 7 - 30 lakhs for pursuing MBA courses in Chennai.
- Department of Management Studies, Anna University - [DOMS] and Vel Tech High Tech DR. Rangarajan DR. Sakunthala Engineering College are some of the top MBA colleges in Chennai with a fee structure of less than INR 75,000 per year.
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras - [DoMS IIT Madras], and Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science - [HITS] are some of the top MBA colleges in Chennai accepting MAT exams.
- Top MBA colleges in Chennai have a separate and maintained placement cell that trains students to face interviews and grab high placement packages. The average CTC offered can be between INR 20 - 25 LPA.
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), DOMS IIT Madras, and Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Chennai are the top MBA colleges in Chennai with placement of more than INR 10 LPA.
- Land Rover, Jaguar, Volkswagen, Tata Motors, Mercedes Benz, Bajaj Group, Mahindra & Mahindra, General Motors, etc. are the top recruiting companies participating in Top MBA colleges in Chennai placements.
Top MBA Colleges in Chennai 2022: Rankings
Various top organizations release a ranking of top MBA colleges in Chennai. Some of the organizations/agencies are NIRF, The Week, Business Today, India Today, etc. These ranks are based on different parameters which are different for the different ranking agencies. Mentioned below are a few of these ranks.
Top MBA Colleges in Chennai: NIRF Ranking 2022
National Institutional Ranking Framework is a methodology adopted by the government of India to rank top institutions of India based on various parameters. It is under the Ministry of Education.
- NIRF rankings 2022 has ranked 7 MBA colleges from Chennai.
- The Department of Management Studies (DOMS) of IIT Madras has been ranked as the top MBA College in Chennai by NIRF rankings 2022. The institute has ranked 10th this year.
- IIT Madras is followed by the Great Lakes Institute of Management which has been placed 31st in the rankings. Last year, the college was ranked 24th.
- Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Poonamallee is the new entrant among the top 100 MBA colleges in India.
|NIRF Ranking 2022||College Name||NIRF Score|
|10||DoMS IIT Madras - Department of Management Studies||66.60|
|31||Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||54.90|
|77||Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Poonamallee||45.13|
|86||Loyola Institute of Business Administration||45.13|
|102 - 125||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology||-|
|102 - 125||Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science||-|
Top MBA Colleges in Chennai: Placement Wise
MBA Placements for the 2020 batch have been completed in many colleges. The top MBA colleges in Chennai hosted some of the top management recruiters from both India and Abroad.
- The average number of recruiters in these top institutes varied between 50-100.
- The average placement package in most of these institutes ranged between INR 3-4 lakh.
For more information on MBA colleges, click here.