BITSAT 2019 Exam Information
Timeline of BITS PILANI
- In the year of 1901, Seth ShivNarainji Birla started a ‘Patshala’ for educating his grandsons. The patshala then turned into a High School and then into an Intermediate College.
- In the year 1947, The Birla Education Trust was formed. By the year of 1964, G. D. Birla officially took charge of Birla Institute of Technology and Science at Pilani. The university got the helping hands of the Ford Foundation and then teamed up with MIT, USA.
- Twenty-first century was a turning point in the growth of the university. BITS apart from Pilani opened their branches in Dubai, Goa and at Hyderabad.
BITS Pilani is a deemed university that offers various UG, PG and Doctoral courses in all four campuses in various streams like Science, Humanities, Management, Engineering, Technology, and Pharmacy. Apart from these, they do avail the programs like Practice school in order to enrich students exposure to industries. They do offer many part-time courses.
BITSAT is BITS Admission Test which is conducted by BITS PILANI each and every year. BITSAT is conducted as a Computer Based Test (CBT). It serves as a gateway to take up Integrated First Degree Programmes offered by BITS PILANI Goa, Hyderabad & Pilani campuses. They offer 9 B.E courses, 6 M.Sc courses and also a UG degree in Pharmacy.
Candidates who are trying to get into BITS PILANI at Dubai may not necessarily take up BITSAT examination. But for the foreign candidates who wish to enter BITS PILANI campus in India taking up BITSAT exam is mandatory if they are not opting International admission scheme.
Apart from BITS PILANI, NIIT University located at Delhi accept BITSAT score. However, the candidate has to apply separately for that university.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Date
BITS Admission Test (BITSAT) will be conducted usually in the month of May. The aspirant can expect the call for BITSAT exams during the month of December every year. The application will be issued tentatively in the month of March. The mock tests will be made available on the official website during the month of March and April. The registered candidate can practice it as many times as he/she wanted.
Applying for BITSAT can’t be done in offline mode. The aspirants should, however, get updated with their official website to know about the exact dates. Most of the competitive entrance exams will be conducted in the month of May / July. But the application process usually begins soon before the 12th board exams. So it’s mandatory to visit the official websites frequently. To avoid last-minute chaos, it’s better to have all the documents to be ready in the proper format, before applying for the exam.
Below table lists the course of events like issuing of the online application form and their deadline, online test date, last date to download the hall ticket, counseling date, and selected candidate list announcement date.
|Course of events||Date|
|Start of online application||Not yet declared|
|Close of online application||Not yet declared|
|Deadline to edit the application||Not yet declared|
|The announcement of Test centers||Not yet declared|
|Dates to reserve the slot and test date||Not yet declared|
|Dates to download the admit card||Not yet declared|
|BITSAT CBT Date||Not yet declared|
|Counseling date||Not yet declared|
|Declaration of final list and wait list||Not yet declared|
|Starting of courses||Not yet declared|
The candidates who are registering for BITSAT exam will be allowed to take the mock test online. Details of BITS Admission Test 2019 is not yet declared officially.
BITSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Both foreign and Indian candidates can apply for BITS Admission Test 2019. BITSAT is the basic level entry ticket for various programmes like Bachelor of Engineering (Civil, Chemical, Computer science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing), Bachelor of Pharmacy and Master of Science (Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and General studies) offered by BITS Pilani in the Goa, Pilani and Hyderabad campus.
The candidates of foreign origin, as well as those having Indian citizenship, can apply. At the time of admission, the foreign candidates must submit the necessary documents from AIU.
The age limit is not fixed as such but the candidate should have completed their 12th board exam in the year 2018 or those who are appearing for their board exam in 2019 can apply. The candidate should give a proper reason when he/ she had taken his/ her board exam in the year 2018. Candidates who have finished their board exam in 2017 are not eligible to apply.
They must have completed or attended 12th board exam which was conducted by any state or central government or any equivalent examination. The candidate must have secured 75 % of the aggregate mark in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths (PCM) in their 12th board exams. The candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% in each subject separately.
In case of applying for B.Pharm courses, the candidate must have taken up physics, chemistry, Biology in their 12th standard. He/ She must have scored 75 % of the aggregate mark in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) and 60% in each subject separately. However, candidates with PCM as their major can also apply for the course in pharmacy.
But for all the courses, the candidate must possess adequate knowledge in English.
BITSAT 2019 Registration
The aspirants of BITS PLANI has to be very cautious regarding the application procedure. Application procedure can be done only online. First and foremost is that the candidate has to register for BITSAT 2019 by applying online and by paying the fees. After registering, the candidate will have to fill the details and apply for the admission process separately.
Steps involved in registering/applying for BITSAT 2019
- Open the link given http://www.bitsadmission.com
- In the interface click on BITSAT tab.
- From the drop-down menu click BITSAT online and then choose register/apply online.
- After entering the details, the interface will be directed to fee payment window.
- Fees can be paid only by online transactions.
- After payment, the filled application form can be downloaded and then a copy of it must be kept in printed form.
Only the registered candidates are allowed to take up the mock test which will be released officially. The deadline for registering online will be declared soon after the deadline for online application in the official website.
Steps involved in applying for the admission process
- Enter into BITS PILANI’s official website.
- Open the window and click on the application for admission tab.
- Enter the details like 12th mark, Board of examination and their code, preferences for the degree and campuses, etc.
- Then click submit.
No correction can be made in the application form after submitting it. So ensure that the filled form is error free. Merit list is prepared based on the 12th mark. The following table gives the detail of 12th exam board and their respective code.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the year 2019 is not yet officially declared. Below is the exam pattern for the year 2018. Mostly there will not be any changes. However the candidate will have to check the official website.
Mode of examination
The test is conducted in a fully computerized mode. In the Computer-based online test (CBT), the candidate should answer the questions displayed in the monitor using keyboard and mouse in the respective test centers. The candidate can choose the test center, date, and session based on his/ her choice.
About the exam
- The question sets will be different for each candidate.
- The questions will be allotted randomly from a huge question bank. All the question sets will have the same difficulty level.
- The medium of instruction is English.
- The exam is conducted for 3 hours at a stretch without any break.
- It has four parts with a total of 150 questions.
- The questions are based on multiple choice type. The candidate will have to choose one correct option among the four options.
- Each question will carry 3 marks and for the wrong answer penalty of 1 mark will be deducted. When the question is left unanswered, there will not be any marks given.
- While answering the questions, the candidate can skip some questions and answer later. There is no time limit for each part separately.
- When the candidate answers all the questions without skipping, he/she will be able to answer 12 extra questions from physics, chemistry and biology/maths; 4 questions from each part.
- Preferring to answer extra questions will disable the candidate to go back for correcting the answer during the course of the exam.
- Answering the extra questions will provide the chance of scoring higher but negative marks are provided for the wrong options.
The following table explains the subject wise mark allotment.
BITSAT 2019 Syllabus
BITS Pilani will report the BITSAT 2019 prospectus in detail alongside the data handout. Applicants showing up for the selection test for the B.E programs offered at the BITS grounds in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad can utilize the schedule of BITSAT 2019 to get ready and break the test effectively. BITSAT will be held likely in May 2019. The subject insightful themes such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as to be canvassed are given in the BITSAT prospectus from which the inquiries will be inquired. Applicants can profit the entire BITSAT 2019 prospectus in this article to get ready well for the placement test.
Hopefuls can experience vital subjects that they ought to consider examining in each segment of BITSAT test so as to score high in the placement test. The test is fully based on NCERT syllabus of 11th and 12th standard. The details of the syllabus are given below,
PART I – PHYSICS
- Units and measurements
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Impulse and momentum
- Work and energy
- Rotational Motion
- Mechanics of solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Modern Physics
- Electronic devices.
PART II – CHEMISTRY
- Atomic structure
- States of matter
- Chemical bonding and magnetic structure
- Physical and chemical equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Hydrogen and s- block elements
- p- d- and f- block elements
- Principles of organic chemistry and hydrocarbons
- Organic compounds with functional groups having O2 and N2
- Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
- Theoretical Principles of experimental chemistry.
PART III – (a) ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
BITSAT 2019 Admit Card
The candidates are allowed inside the exam hall only if they have valid HALL TICKET. It can be downloaded from the official website only upon registering for BITSAT 2019 exam during the month of April or May. The test centers will be monitored using CCTV cameras for security reasons. In the test centers, the photograph and the biometric fingerprint of the candidate will be recorded and it will be matched during the admission process. Anyone who violates the rules of the test center or the one without valid HALL TICKET will automatically be disqualified from admission process.
RULES TO BE FOLLOWED IN THE TEST CENTRES
- Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed inside the exam hall.
- A blank sheet will be provided for carrying out the rough works.
- The candidate must bring a pen or pencil.
- Other personal belongings like a mobile, purse, etc are not allowed inside the exam hall.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED IN DOWNLOADING THE HALL TICKET
- Visit the official website.
- Login using valid registration number and password.
- Click download hall ticket.
- The HALL TICKET can be downloaded along with the instructions.
ALLOTMENT OF TEST CENTRE
The test centers are allotted based on the candidate’s preferences given in the application form while filling it. He/She should give three preference of his/her choice. If the candidate chooses Dubai as the center, the candidate will not be asked any preference. The test is conducted in two sessions. Candidates can even choose the session as either afternoon or forenoon. But it may be subjected to change based on the availability and number of candidates preferring that center. If there is any cancellation regarding the test centers, the council will allot Pilani, Goa or Hyderabad campuses as the test centers for those candidates who had preferred that center. In such cases, the candidates will be given accommodation on the campus itself at a reasonable cost. The HALL TICKET will have all the details regarding the test center their address, the session, etc.
The test centers are given below in which the candidate can choose to appear for the exam.
BITSAT 2019 Result
As soon as the candidate completes the exam, the test score will be displayed on the computer screen. The score along with the total correct and wrong answers will be displayed on the screen. The candidate can take the print out of the scorecard from the BITS admission website on the next day or on the same day.
MERIT LIST FOR ADMISSION
- The candidate will have to apply separately for admission procedure and will have to pay the required fees only when he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria.
- The merit list of the candidates will be prepared based on the BITSAT score. The merit list will be prepared in two ways.
- One merit list will be prepared for B.Pharm course and another one is for courses except forPharm.
- In case of a tie between the candidates, the score in maths/biology of BITSAT 2019 will be considered. If the tie continues to exist, BITSAT 2019 score of Physics will be considered. Further chemistry mark will be taken into consideration.
- The last tiebreaker will be PCM/PCB marks in their 12th board exam.
- The candidate will have to apply for the admission process by prioritizing his or her choice of course and campus.
- The documents like an attested photocopy of X mark sheet and 12th mark sheet must be uploaded when applying for admission process.
- Based on the merit list prepared, the candidate will be allotted the seats from his priority.
- The waitlist will be prepared and the candidates in wait list will have to wait till the end of admission procedure to get his or her desired course in the preferred campus.
- The status can be viewed on the official website.
- The candidate can get admitted in the university and can still be on the waitlist till he or she gets his or her desired course in the preferred campus.
- The candidates will be called for admission once they accept the seat allotted. They will have to submit necessary documents as intended.
- The candidate will have to pay the admission fee of about Rs.36,200 and first sem tuition fee of about Rs.1,59,000.
- The candidate must pay the admission fees to be on the waitlist.
- The candidate will be called on a particular day for registration where the student will be allowed to plan his own timetable.
The cut-off is the minimum BITSAT mark to get admitted in BITS PILANI university for that particular course and campus. In case of BITSAT exam cut-off seems to have the least important since the choice of course and the institute will be given based on the preference of the candidates. So cut-off is decided based on the demand towards the course and the campus. They do consider 12th mark as well as section wise mark in case of a tie, so the candidate has to be keen on that part. The following is the Cut-off of BITSAT score for the year 2018-2019. The cut-off score varies for every year. Since the vacancy for the course and the campus are decided during the counseling process.
|Course||Cut Off for Pilani campus||Cut Off for Goa campus||Cut off for Hyderabad campus|
|B.E. Electrical & Electronics||338||308||298|
|B.E. Computer Science||378||347||334|
|B.E. Electronics & Instrumentation||319||289||312|
|B.E. Electronics and Communication||–||314||286|
|M.Sc Biological Sciences||259||252||250|