Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
Indian Institute of Management, (IIM) Ahmedabad was established in the year 1961 by Dr Vikram Sarabhai, Kasturbhai Lalbhai, and Ravi J. Matthai.
IIMA was set up as an institution that would be managed by a Society, the IIMA Society, created under the Societies Act. The Institute was to be run by a Board of Governors, constituted by the IIMA Society.
IIMA has been consistently ranked as the premier management school in the country by several national agencies. IIMA programmes are also ranked highly in several international rankings. In 2008, IIMA became the first management school in the nation to be awarded EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) accreditation by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development).
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad offers the following programmes in management:
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
- Post Graduate Programme in Food and Agribusiness Management (PGP- FABM)
- Faculty Development Programme (FDP)
- Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP)
- One Year Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX)
- Armed Forces Programme ( AFP)
- e-Mode Post Graduate Programme in Management
Eligibility for MBA:
- Admission is based on the graduation Percentage, Performance in Academic Writing Test (AWT) & Personal Interview (PI) and CAT scores. And for Foreign National admission is done through GMAT Exam.
- Candidate should possess graduate degree (minimum 3 years) with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of the reserved category candidates)
Eligibility for Executive MBA:
- IIM Ahmedabad offers one year Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives (PGPX). Selection is based on graduation marks and valid scores in GMAT/GRE. Applicant should have four years of work experience after completion of graduation.
- Candidate must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree/CA/ICWA, with minimum 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA. Minimum age required is 24 years on or before December 31, 2018.
- candidate must be a working professional and entrepreneurs with a minimum of three years of full-time work experience after completion of graduation
Eligibility for PGP-FABM:
- IIM Ahmedabad offers full-time Post-Graduate Program in Food and Agribusiness Management. Admission is based on graduation scores and CAT or GMAT Exam.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Agricultural Sciences and agricultural- related disciplines with at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST & DA)
Eligibility for ePGP Programme of IIMA:
Working professionals and entrepreneurs with a minimum of 3 years full time work experience (after completion of graduation) as on December 31, 2018.
- Age 24 years and above (born on or before December 31, 1994).
- Personal interview will be conducted by IIM Ahmedabad.
- Holding at least a Bachelor’s Degree/CA/CS/ICWA, with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA, awarded by any of the recognized universities.
- Valid CAT score (a valid CAT score of test taken within the last 3 years i.e. 2016,2017, and 2018) or GMAT /GRE score (a valid GMAT / GRE score taken within the last 5 years i.e. January 1, 2014 to March 31, 2019) will be considered for shortlisting.
- Shortlisted candidates (on the basis of score obtained in CAT/GMAT/GRE) will be invited for personal interview at IIMA campus or other cities decided by Institute.
*‘e’ stands for Electronic mode (Interactive Onsite Learning).
|Application Fee – for ePGP||INR 2,000/-|
|Programme Fee – for ePGP||INR 17,00,000/-|
|Registration Fee – for ePGP||INR 42,500/-|
The fees are applicable for 2019-21 batch and is subject to revision. For more details kindly contact ePGP Office.
|Admission notification||February / March , 2019|
|Application closure date||May 31, 2019|
|Personal interview||June / July 2019|
|Campus module starts at IIMA||September 23, 2019|
|Studio modules starts on||October 03, 2019|
For further details please visit: http://www.iima.ac.in/web/epgp
ePGP Office, IIMA.
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad 380015
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
|Course name||Duration||Fees||Exams Accepted|
|Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGPM]||2 years||25.08 Lakhs||CAT, GMAT|
|Faculty Development Programme [||4 months||2.06 Lakhs|
|Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives||1 year||24.50 Lakhs||CAT, GMAT|
|Post Graduate Programme in Food and Agribusiness Management [PGP- FABM]||2 years||21.50 Lakhs||CAT, GMAT|
|Armed Forces Programme [AFP]||2 months||2.57 Lakhs|
|e-Mode Post Graduate in Management||2 years (with added flexibility of completion in 3 years)||17.44 Lakhs||CAT, GMAT, GRE|
The Final Placements at IIM Ahmedabad began on February 10, 2018. The institute received excellent offers with the maximum hiring done in the General Management sector. The PGP batch of 2016-18 has been placed in reputed firms across various streams.
The highest recruiter at IIM Ahmedabad Final Placements was Accenture Strategy with a total of 17 offers in the first cluster of placements. Next in line was the Boston Consulting Group with 15 offers. IIM Ahmedabad saw participation from top management companies, revealing of its general management programme.
|Year||Companies Visited||Highest Package||Average Package|
ACCENTURE SERVICES PVT. LTD. , AIRTEL , AMAZON , ASIAN PAINTS , CITI BANK , DEUTSCHE BANK , GOLDMAN SACHS , JOHNSON & JOHNSON , JP MORGAN etc., NESTLE , P & G , RECKITT BENCKISER
|53 LPA||28.60 LPA|
Bain & Co , Bank of America etc., Citibank , Credit Suisse , Goldman Sachs , HSBC , Hedge Funds , Investment Banking and Markets , JP Morgan , Management Consulting , McKinsey & Co , Merrill Lynch , Monitor Deloitte , Morgan Stanley , Private Equity , Strategy , The Boston Consulting Group , Venture Capital
Accenture Strategy etc., Amazon , American Express , Bank of America Merrill Lynch , FinIQ , Microsoft
|QS Global (MBA Asian)||4|
|Qs Global (EMBA Asian)||13|
|Financial Times (Master in Management)||16|
|Financial Times (MBA)||29|
Infrastructure and Facilities
IIM Ahmedabad boasts world-class infrastructure. The campus is spread over fifty-hectare surrounded by lush green gardens. The institute provides modern teaching wing with six classrooms and five seminar rooms, Dormitories with a total capacity of around 750 students and separate resident facility for married students, sports complex with indoor/ outdoor games and recreation activities.
The sports complex has a gymnasium and an excellent fitness centre. IIMA also has a well-stocked library which is considered as country’s best library, which runs in association with Vikram Sarabhai Library and has almost 200000 books and around 600 journals, alongside numerous periodicals.
The institute offers excellent information technology infrastructure, which includes a computer lab, FPM lab, 2000 computer systems etc. Moreover, every student is provided with a personal computer or laptop with 45 MBPS internet connectivity.
IIM-A aspires to give the opportunity to pursue its programmes (PGP & PGP-FABM) to all eligible applicants, who are in need of financial assistance. Keeping this in mind, IIMA has instituted a Special Need-Based Scholarship Scheme to complement the various scholarships provided by the industry and government. Every year many students are provided substantial financial support under the Scheme. The scholarship amount is decided by several criteria such as annual gross family income, ownership of assets, and the number of dependants in the family. The application for these scholarships is invited every year in July. Many commercial banks and financial institutions provide educational loans to students.
- ONGC SC/ST Merit cum Means Scholarships
- SC/ST Scholarships
- Aditya Birla Group Scholarships
- OP Jindal Engineering and Management Scholarship