Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) is a leading graduate school of management in Asia. Under the IIM Act of 2017, IIMB is an Institute of National Importance.
IIMB has around 109 full-time faculty members, more than 1200 students across various degree/diploma granting programmes and nearly 5000 annual Executive Education participants.
- An India-Japan Study Centre at IIMB has been set up to promote understanding of Japan in India and India in Japan through research, teaching and policy outreach efforts.
- An Israel Centre at IIM Bangalore has been set up to act as a hub for research on Indo-Israeli interactions in the fields of technology innovation, business strategy and history, government policies and culture, by uniting scholars, business community and students.
IIMB is accredited by the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) for five years in 2016.
For the ninth year in a row, in 2017, Eduniversal, Paris has ranked IIMB the top business school in Central Asia.
IIMB’s EPGP ranked among the top 35 in FT Global MBA Ranking 2018. The one-year full-time Executive Post Graduate Programme of IIM Bangalore shoots up 14 spots.
It offers many postgraduate and Doctoral Programs in Management. Admission for all courses done by National Level entrance exams like CAT/GRE/ GMAT/ NET.
- Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP)
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
- Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise & Management (PGPEM)
- Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP)
- Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy & Management (PGPPM)
Eligibility for PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM Courses:
- candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the SC/ ST/ PwD candidates).
- Candidates seeking admission to PGP must possess a valid CAT or GMAT score.
- For admission to PGPEM, candidates need to have a valid CAT/GMAT/GRE/IIMB Test.
- In case of PGPPM, a valid CAT/GMAT/GRE score is required for non-government participants.
- Candidates must have a valid GMAT or GRE score for admission to EPGP program.
Eligibility for FPM Course:
- Candidates seeking admission to FPM must have completed two-years master’s degree or a five-year Integrated Master’s Degree, with at least of 55% marks to apply.
- Selection is based on GMAT/GRE/CAT/GATE/JRF (NET)/IIMB Test Score
|Course name||Duration||Fees||Exams Accepted|
|Post Graduate Programme in Management [PGP]||2 years||21 Lakhs||CAT, GMAT|
|Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise & Management (PGPEM)||2 years||18.82 Lakhs||CAT, GMAT, GRE|
|Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy & Management (PGPPM)||1 year||28.28 Lakhs||CAT, GMAT|
|Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP)||1 year||29.24 Lakhs||CAT, GMAT|
Companies from various domains participated in the campus placement drive of IIM Bangalore and offered rolles in India as well as abroad. The institute saw participation from several international banks, popular consulting firms, technology firms, conglomerates and other popular companies.
|Year||Companies Visited||Highest Package||Average Package|
AT Kearney , Accenture Technology , Aditya Birla Group , Aequs , Amazon , Bajaj Auto , Bajaj Finserve , Bharti Airtel , Capgemini , Deloitte USI , Deutsche Bank, Yes Bank , Flipkart etc., Goldman Sachs , HSBC, Citi Bank , ICICI , Johnson & Johnson , Kotak, Anand Rathi Wealth Management , OLA Cabs , Paytm , PriceWaterhouseCoopers , Procter & Gamble , RPG Group , Sterlite Power , The Boston Consulting Group , Unitedhealth Group , Vedanta
|28 LPA||19.5 LPA|
, Accenture Strategy , Aditya Birla Group , Amazon , Axis Bank , Bain & Company , Boston Consulting Group , CRISIL , Citibank , Deloitte , EXL Consulting , Goldman Sachs , HSBC etc. , ICICI Bank , JM Financial , McKinsey & Co , Societe Genrale , Yes Bank
A.T. Kearney , Accenture Strategy , Aditya Birla Group etc., Asian Paints , Bain & Company , Boston Consulting Group , Hindustan Unilever Limited , Johnson & Johnson , Mondelez , Procter and Gamble
|The Times Group||4|
Infrastructure and Facilities
- IIMB extends financial aid to students in need of financial assistance. The objective of the Financial Aid Policy at IIMB is to ensure that no student is deprived of an education at the institute for financial reasons.
- All PGP students with annual household income below INR 4,50,000 are eligible to apply for financial aid. Other students with severe financial difficulties arising from sudden unforeseen circumstances are also considered.
- In addition to the Financial Aid, which is provided purely on the basis of financial need, PGP students also receive several Merit based or Merit-cum-Need based scholarships and the details are as below:
Aditya Birla Scholarship:
This merit-based scholarship is given to PGP students of both the first and the second years. The students who are granted the scholarship during the first year are eligible to apply for renewal in the second year, provided they belong to the top 25% of the batch in the first year. The scholarship amount is INR 1.75 lakh per student.
This merit-based scholarship is given to PGP student of second year .The first ten toppers of 2nd year based on the academic performance in the first year are eligible to apply Basis of online test conducted by OP Jindal Group one student of each academic year will be awarded. The scholarship amount is INR 1.50 lakh
Citi Women’s Leader Award:
This is a merit scholarship that covers the second year’s tuition expenses. Candidates are selected from the top 25% of the batch at the end of the first year. Nomination is done by the institute and the students are selected on the basis of their Statement of Purpose and subsequent interviews scheduled by Citi Group.
Societe Generale Global Solution Centre India Scholarship:
This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full. Candidates are selected from the neediest applicants in the first year and subsequent interviews conducted by Societe Generale.
Siddhartha Padam Award:
This scholarship is awarded to a PGP student who is on the Director’s Merit List and gets the highest CGPA in the Economics, Finance & Accounting core courses in the first year. It carries a cash prize of INR 50,000, a medallion and a certificate.
IIMB PGP Alumni First Batch (1976) Scholarship:
This scholarship is given to a differently-abled woman student from PGP. The scholarship aims to assist a differently-abled female student (or a differently-abled male student, if there is no eligible female student). It keeps alive the memory of the PGP batch of 1976 and their association with the institute. The scholarship carries a purse of INR 75000, a medallion and a certificate.
Runwal Education Trust Scholarship:
This scholarship is given to a PGP student based on a combination of academic performance in the 1st year and the student’s financial need. The scholarship carries a purse of INR 100000, a medallion and a certificate.
Hindustan Unilever / T Thomas Scholarship:
This merit-cum-means scholarship is given by HUL to one PGP second-year student. The scholarship of INR 1 lakh
Yes Bank Scholarship:
This scholarship of INR 2 lakhs is open to students who are among the top 20 students as per the admission criteria, belong to the top 20% of the batch based on the current CGPA and are members of at least one student committee.
NTPC Scholarship Scheme:
The scholarship amounts to INR 48,000 per year. Students who belong to SC/ST/PwD categories and are in their second year of management studies, having passed the first-year examination in one attempt, are eligible for the scholarship.
Employment in Social Sector Scholarship:
This scholarship reimburses the recipient one-third of the fees at the end of each year of work for the first three years in the social sector.
Ministry of Tribal Affairs Scholarship (ST):
The Ministry of Tribal affairs, Government of India invites applications for the National Scholarship for Higher Education for Scheduled Tribe students of PGP first year. This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full.
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Scholarship (SC):
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Government of India invites applications for the National Scholarship for Higher Education for Scheduled Caste students from Meritorious SC students PGP first year. This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full.
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Department of Persons with Disabilities (PwD):
A person with disability having not less than 40% disability and having a disability certificate issued by any competent medical authority. . This is a means scholarship is 2, 55,000 per year.