Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore Admission Process
IIM Bangalore Admission
As one of Asia’s most elite business schools, the admission process is a lengthy process. Each and every programme has a particular eligibility criterion. Only the candidates matching the criteria are allowed to apply. Following this, the applicant has to sit for the Common Aptitude Test (CAT) or any of the other national level management entrance examination (such as GMAT, GRE etc.) that the institute has deemed eligible. Should the candidate’s score match the cutoff set up by IIMB, the institution invites the candidate for a round of personal interview and group discussions. The candidate’s performance in these latter rounds decides where they make it to the final shortlist of IIMB or not.
IIM Bangalore Admission Highlights
- IIM Bangalore considers different tests results for different programmes. Details are as below:
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGP): CAT, GMAT
- Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy & Management (PGPPM): CAT, GMAT, GRE, IIMB
- Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management (PGPEM): CAT, GMAT, GRE
- Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP): GMAT, GRE
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM): GMAT, GRE, CAT, GATE, JRF (NET), IIMB Test
- A non-refundable fee is charged at the time of application. For General candidates, the amount charged is INR 1,900 while for SC, ST and PwD candidates, the amount charged is INR 950.
- Irrespective of the number of institutes the candidate is applying for, they have to pay the registration fee only once.
- IIM will conduct the online CAT 2019 on 25th November 2019.
- CAT will be conducted in over 147 cities with each candidate having the preference to choose at least one of the four cities.
IIM Bangalore Admission Schedule
CAT 2019 Important dates
|CAT 2019 notification||July 28, 2019|
|CAT 2019 registration – Start date||August 7, 2019|
|CAT 2019 online application – End date||September 18, 2019|
|Re upload of photograph, in case of mistakes in earlier CAT 2019 application form||Sep 2019 – Last week – expected on 25 Sep 2019|
|CAT 2019 – Release of admit card||October 23, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Examination date||November 24, 2019|
|CAT 2019 – Release of answer Key||4th week of December 2019|
|CAT 2019 – Result announcement||January 7, 2020|
For EPGP (tentative)
|Event||Round 1||Round 2|
|Application Window||1-June-2018 to 30-Aug-2018||1-Sep-2018 to 3-Dec-2018|
|Interview Date||22-Sep-2018 to 23-Sep-2018||15-Dec-2018 to 16 December 2018|
|Offers and Waitlist||8-Oct-2018||26-Dec-2018|
|Last date for acceptance||5-Nov-2018||25-Jan-2019|
|Last date for withdrawal||30-Nov-2018||15-Feb-2019|
- The candidate is allowed to submit their application during any one of the two rounds.
- The candidates who are found applying for both the rounds will be disqualified from the process of selection.
For PGPEM, PGPPM (tentative)
|Application Window||17-Aug-2019 to 18-Jan- 2019||25-Sep-2019 to 10-Feb-2019|
|Interview Date||24-Feb-2019 to 25-Feb- 2019||24-Feb-2019 to 25-Feb- 2019|
|Offers and Waitlist||8-Mar-2019||5-Mar-2019|
|Last date for acceptance||21-Mar-2019||15-Mar-2019|
|Last date for withdrawal||26-Mar-2019||–|
For FPM (tentative)
|Interview Test||29-Mar-2019 to 30-Mar-2019|
|Offers and Waitlist||2-Apr-2019|
|Last date for acceptance||19-Apr-2019|
IIM Bangalore Admission Process
The list below should help elucidate the admission process to the postgraduate programmes taught at IIM Bangalore.
|PGP-PPM||1 year||> The applicants who are from the Government would be notified by the DoPT.
> For Non-Government candidates, the eligibility criteria is that they must be a Graduate (minimum 50% marks) with at least 4 years of work experience in a Public Policy domain.
|The candidate’s application is judged on the basis of a weighted average of their performances in CAT, GMAT, GRE or IIMB Test followed by the IIM Selection Process (GD and PI rounds)|
|EPGP||1 year||The applicant should be a Graduate in any discipline with 50% marks or equivalent grade points. They are required to have 5 years (and preferably less than 12 years) of work experience after graduation.||The candidate’s application is judged on the basis of a weighted average of their performances in IIMB’s Entrance Test (GMAT, GRE) followed by the IIM Selection Process (GD and PI rounds)|
|PGPEM||2 years||The candidate must have attained a Bachelor’s degree (minimum 50% marks) in any discipline with a minimum of 4 years post qualification work experience.||The candidate’s application is judged on the basis of a weighted average of their performances in IIMB’s Entrance Test (CAT, GMAT, GRE) followed by the IIM Selection Process (GD and PI rounds)|
|PGPM||2 years||A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must follow the (10+2+3) norms.||The candidate’s application is judged on the basis of a weighted average of their performances in IIMB’s Entrance Test (CAT, GMAT) followed by the IIM Selection Process (GD and PI rounds)|
|FPM||5 years||>A Master’s Degree or a five-year Integrated Master’s Degree in any discipline, with at least 55 % marks in the Bachelor’s as well in the Master’s degrees.
>A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 50% marks.
>A 4 year Bachelor’s degree with at least 60% marks.
|The candidate’s application is judged on the basis of their performance in GMAT, GRE, CAT, GATE, JRF (NET) or IIMB Test and IIM Selection Process (GD and PI rounds)|