Great Lakes Institute of Management (GLIM), Chennai Overview
Great Lakes Institute of Management (GLIM) is one of the leading business schools in India with two campuses – GLIM Chennai, Tamil Nadu & GLIM Gurgaon, Delhi NCR. Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai was established in 2004 in Chennai by Padma Shri awardee Dr. Bala V Balachandran, Professor Emeritus of Accounting Information & Management at the Kellogg School of Management.
The management institute offers many full-time courses in management, such as PGDM & PGPM as well as corporate courses like PGXPM, PGPM Flex, etc. With the help of its exceptional faculty, experienced advisory council, and innovative teaching methodologies, Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai has managed to consistently rank amongst the top private B schools in the country.
The AICTE approved Great Lakes Institute has also earned prestigious accreditations, such as AMBA, UK; SAARC recognized SAQS; and NBA for its varied postgraduate programs.
AICTE - All India Council for Technical Education; AMBA - Association of MBAs; SAQS - South Asian Quality Assurance System; NBA - National Board AccreditationMoreover, the 30-acre Great Lakes Chennai Campus is the first LEED Platinum rated campus in South Asia. Not only this, the Chennai Campus is a school of firsts:
- One of the first schools in India to introduce Analytics specialization course in its management PGPM
- One of the firsts in the flagship one-year MBA program.
- First business school in India to introduce Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning specialization in its full-time PGPM program.
- First business India school to offer Mandarin course in the MBA program.
- One of the firsts to introduce Karma-Yoga Experiential Leadership Program.
COURSES OFFERED AT GLIM-CHENNAI & FEES
Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai is a leading business college that offers innovative management education in India to shape future leaders and entrepreneurs. Great Lakes offers several programs for graduates as well as working professionals to meet the ever-changing demands of the global market.
- PGPM (Post Graduate Program in Management): One Year MBA for professionals with 2+ years of work experience.
- PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management): Two Year MBA for professionals with 0-2 years of work experience.
- PGXPM (Post Graduate Executive Program in Management): Executive program for Mid & Senior Level professionals.
- PGPM FLEX (Post Graduate Program in Management – Flex): Weekend management program for working individuals.
- MBA in Business Analytics: Comprehensive program covering the latest analytics tools and techniques along with their business applications.
Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai considers scores of GMAT, CAT, XAT, and CMAT for admission to its courses. At present, admissions are open for Great Lakes PGPM 2021-22 (Cycle 1 Deadline: 22nd November 2020), PGDM 2021-23 (Application Deadline: 22nd February 2021), PGPM FLEX and PGXPM.
You just need to follow a few simple steps to apply to its PGPM & PGDM programs:
- Register yourself
- Pay the registration fee (INR 2000; Non-Refundable)
- Fill in all the requisite details and submit the form
Reference link will be sent on your registered email ID using which you can access your Application Form. Make sure you save email@example.com in your contact lists to avoid important emails going to the spam folder.
For acquiring any other details regarding full-time PGPM and PGDM admission or corporate programs, you can contact the admissions office or write an email to Prof. Easwar Krishna Iyer, Director-Admissions at GLIM Chennai, firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Lakes Chennai admission eligibility/selection process varies from one course to another, but generally, it’s based on GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT scores, academic records, interview and even application form, especially the ‘essay section’ which tells about the individual’s overall profile.
For every course, you need to meet the minimum eligibility criteria. For example, those applying for admission to PGPM 2021-22 this year must have full-time work experience of more than or equal to 2 years (24 months) as on 31st March 2021. On the other hand, freshers and working professionals with less than 2 years of experience as on 30th June 2021 can apply to PGDM 2020-22 this year.
Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai boasts of one of the best placement records amongst the top business schools in the country. Its association with marquee recruiters, such as Deloitte, Accenture (Strategy & Technology), TCS, Infosys, Airtel, JP Morgan Chase, World Bank, etc. ensures that students get placed across diverse sectors and functional areas. Every year, Great Lakes Average Package of students increases in comparison to the previous year’s batch.
Both PGPM and PGDM batches of 2019 witnessed remarkable placement process with key highlights being:
- CTC: Avg - 13.6 Lacs p.a.
Highest - 28.8 Lacs p.a.
- Companies: Diverse set of companies in Analytics, BFSI, IT/ITES, Consulting, E-commerce, Technology Consulting, FMCG, etc. Some of the prime recruiters were TCS, Deloitte US & India, Accenture, and HCL, among others while some of the first-time recruiters were Accenture Strategy, Cartesian, Deloitte India,Aditya Birla Capital, Bank of Tokyo, Amazon, Zee Entertainment.
- Profiles: Varied roles were offered to the students in the field of Technology Consulting (41%), Analytics (12%), Sales & Marketing (12%), Business & Strategy Consulting (20%), Finance (4%), General Management (5%), Operations (4%) and Project/Product Management (2%).
- CTC: Avg – 10.4 Lacs p.a.
Highest – 21.5 Lacs p.a.
PPOs/PPIs offered to 22 students of this batch for exemplary
performance during the summer internship.
- Companies: Diverse set of companies in Banking and Financial Services, Consulting, IT, FMCG, Manufacturing, etc. Some of the major recruiters were Aditya Birla Capital, Barclays, Cognizant, Dell, Deloitte, Ford, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, ICRA, Infosys, ITC, JP Morgan, Nestle, Novartis, Wells Fargo, etc.
- Profiles: Varied roles were offered to the students in different sector - BFSI (38%), IT/ITES (25%), Consulting (8%), Financial Services(6%),FMCG (6%) and Manufacturing (6%). In terms of function - Sales & Marketing (36%), Finance (30%), Analytics (17%), Operations(17%).
CAMPUS FACILITIESGreat Lakes Institute of Management Chennai is the first campus in South Asia to earn the LEED Platinum rating. The 30-acre wide GLIM-Chennai has one of the most beautiful educational campuses in the country with several state-of-the-art facilities, including:
- Football Field
- Basketball Court
Instead of rote memorization, Great Lakes Chennai focuses on a hands-on approach to imbibe the concepts by applying them in real-life situations. The flagship Karma-Yoga - a Leadership Experiential Action Program (LEAP) is a part of the PGPM and PGDM programs.
Besides, Empirical Study helps the students overcome real-world business problems under the aegis of a mentor; thus, providing an eye-opening, on-field, real-time experience.
Just like the alumni of Great Lakes Chennai, you too can have a professional success story to inspire others.
Sijo Kuruvilla George
PGPM Class of 2009
CEO, Startup Village, Leadership role of India's first PPP Technology Business Incubator. The initiative is jointly partnered with the Government of India and Government of Kerala. Received "Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award"; Awardee of Rajeev Circle fellowship that aims to build an innovation and entrepreneurship corridor between India and Silicon Valley.
PGPM Class of 2010
Currently working as Consulting Manager for a large energy and petrochemical client, managing multiple projects in their Supply chain Portfolio across different countries.
Sathya Bama Saravanan
PGWPM Class of 2012
An Oral surgeon with a specialized interest in Implants & Orthognathic Surgery and an entrepreneur running a General & Specialty clinic, as well as an academician in College. Being a mother, itself is a full-time profession but to be able to manage all the things in these two years has been an experience and learning of a lifetime.
SURESH RAMANATHAN - THE NEW DEAN OF GLIM-CHENNAI
In July 2019, the US-based management scholar Suresh Ramanathan was appointed the new Dean of GLIM-Chennai, succeeding Founder-Dean Dr. Bala V Balachandran who continues to be the Chairman and Dean Emeritus.
Suresh Ramanathan was a professor of marketing and has worked with some of the globally accredited colleges, including Booth School of Business at University of Chicago and Mays School of Business at Texas A&M University.
His impressive academic credentials include B. Tech from IIT-Delhi, MBA from IIM-Calcutta and Ph.D. from NYU’s Stern School of Business. He strives to make Great Lakes, Chennai a globally reputed business management school.
Q. What is the Great Lakes MBA admission process?
A. Depending upon the course, eligible candidates can apply to the Great Lakes Institute of Management by completing an online form. They can even purchase the same from the campus office, but eventually, the application process is online for all.
Since all correspondence is online, make sure you remember Great Lakes Login credentials. Also, ensure that complete all the formalities well before Great Lakes Last Date for admission. The form also includes a recommendation letter, which is collected from the recommender (whose official email-id is mentioned in the form) of the selected candidates.
Q. How much is the Great Lakes Institute of Management Fees?
A. The fee structure depends upon the course that you are applying for. The total fee for PGPM 2020-21 is nearly 19 Lacs while for PGDM 2020-22 is around 16.7 Lacs.
Q. How should I prepare my profile to meet the Great Lakes cut off?
A. Several parameters are taken into consideration for granting admission, including GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT scores. Your past academic record, leadership and interpersonal skills, integrity, and ethical values, etc. are also considered. So, you need to have a sound academic background with a well-groomed personality to build a good profile for making it to this management school in India.
Q. How is Great Lakes Institute of Management Rankings?
A. The official website mentions that it ranks among the Top 10, which seems biased. From a neutral perspective, GLIM-Chennai can be considered amongst the Top 25-30 private business schools in the country.
Q. Is Great Lakes Gurgaon PGPM better than that of Great Lakes Chennai?
A. Both Great Lakes Chennai and Gurgaon have somewhat similar PGPM curriculum and structure; so, depending upon your geographical preference, expenses, facilities, etc. you can choose between the two.
Q. How is Great Lakes Institute of Management placements?
A. The placement is good in GLIM-Chennai as there is an improvement in terms of average CTC of the batch every year. So those who seeking PGDM admission in 2019 have better chances of placement with a higher package as compared to the batch who sought PGDM admission 2018. The average CTC increased to 13.6 Lacs p.a. for the 2020 PGPM batch and 10.4 Lacs p.a. for the 2020 PGDM batch.
CONTACTAdmission Related Queries: Email: email@example.com Full Time Programs: 78240 11333 / 78240 11444 Corporate Programs: 73585 99107 / 78240 11222 Prof. Easwar Krishna Iyer Director - Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org Arokiaraj Benjamin AGM - Admissions email@example.com
Great Lakes Chennai Address (Campus):
Dr. Bala V. Balachandar Campus, East Coast Road, Manamai Village
Thirukazhukundram Taluk, Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu - 603102
Great Lakes Chennai Address (Office):
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Prince Infocity II, Ist Floor, 283/3, Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR)
Kandanchavadi, Chennai, Tamil Nadu - 600096
|Business Today (2018)||7|
|Business India (2017)||9|
|Business World (2017)||4|