Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai Overview
Loyola Institute of Business Administration is located in Mahalingapuram, (LIBA) Nungambakkam in Chennai. It was founded by the Society of Jesus in 1979. The college is run by the Loyola College Society.
The Loyola Institute of Business Administration has consistently maintained its place among the top B-schools in the country with its placement records. The Placement Cell of LIBA Chennai ensures 100% placements and helps the candidates by providing them with the required training and facilities.
The business management institution offers a postgraduate level, two-year full-time LIBA MBA (PGDM) course. This programme is approved by the AICTE and recognized as equivalent to an MBA degree by the AIU.
It also offers a Part-time PGDM program for working professionals. On doctoral level, LIBA offers PhD programs in affiliation with the University of Madras. Apart from that, the college offers various executive diploma courses and certificate programs in various management subjects.
LIBA ranking is 32 by the NIRF management ranking in 2018. Also, this Institute has been ranked 3rd B-school in the Southern Region by the Times of India.
The college library has over 33,000 books and 65 Periodicals on various subjects of Management. The Institute has a faculty size of 22 members along with visiting faculty of 31 teachers. There's plenty of opportunities to learn and enjoy learning at the same time in LIBA. Also, for further details, you can navigate to the LIBA on PaGaLGuY.
LIBA Course And Fees Structure
The Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai offers various courses on PG level post graduation courses in management. The college offers a Part-time PGDM program for working professionals. On doctoral level, LIBA offers a PhD for research students. Apart from these, the college also offers one-year executive diploma programmes for mid-level managers.
LIBA Course Highlights
- On PG level, LIBA offers a full-time PGDM course covering multiple Marketing, Human Resources Management and Banking & Financial Services, General Management, Operations and International Business
- The college also offers a part-time executive PGDM course for the working professionals and experienced middle-level managers.
- On the doctoral level, the college offers a PhD for research students.
LIBA Admissions Process
All the applicants are admitted to the program on the basis of marks scored in CAT and XAT entrance exams. LIBA has a selection committee, which shortlists the applicants via preliminary screening of the applications.
After that shortlisted students are called for a written ability test and personal interview. These interviews are held at different interview centres in the country - Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
- For full-time PGDM candidates are shortlisted on the basis of the XAT and CAT scores. The candidates should have a bachelor's degree from any recognised university and should secure 50% aggregate marks in their graduation.
- For part-time PGDM courses, the applicants must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate during their graduation, two years of full-time work experience. Also, the student should be employed while applying for the course.
- For PhD programmes, The institute follows University of Madras regulations.
|Courses||Eligibility||Fees (in INR)|
|Full-Time PGDM Programme||Bachelor degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks along with a valid CAT or XAT score||15.38 Lakhs|
|Part-Time PGDM Programme||Working graduates of at least 2 years with 50% aggregate marks achieved in 15 years of education||6 Lakhs|
|Executive Diploma Programme||Applicants must be working and securing a minimum of 50% marks in graduation from a recognised university||2.40 Lakhs|
|Doctoral Programme||Master’s degree after completing a bachelor degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or an integrated master’s degree with at least 60% marks||No fees are taken|
Loyola Institute Of Business Administration is one of the prestigious B-schools in India. It boasts of 100% placement record every year. The Institute organises research-based summer projects at the end of the first year.
Apart from summer internships and final placements, the college provides a lateral placement process for the students with a minimum of 18 months of work e experience.Placements 2018 - 2020 Some of the recruiters for 2018 - 2020 were :
- Analytics - Latent View Analytics Pvt Ltd
- BFSI - Federal Bank Ltd, CITI Bank, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, ICICI Bank Ltd, Shriram Transport Finance Co Ltd, J P Morgan Services India Pvt Ltd, CITI Corp, HSBC Electronic Data Processing India Pvt Ltd, IndusInd Bank Ltd, HDFC Bank Ltd, Credit Mantri Finserve Pvt Ltd, ICICI Securities Ltd, Yes Bank Ltd, Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd
- Consultancy - IBM India Pvt Ltd, Cognizant Technology Services India Pvt Ltd,CRISIL Ltd, Deloitte Support Services India Pvt Ltd, Cerebros Consultants Pvt Ltd
- Digital Marketing - Ad2pro Global Creative Solutions Pvt Ltd
- E Commerce - Amazon Kindle, FMCG Asian Paints Ltd,, VKL Seasoning Pvt Ltd, Nestle India Ltd, ITC Ltd (FMCG)
- Health Care - Indegene Pvt Ltd, Tattva Holding Pvt Ltd
- Telecom - Bharti Airtel Ltd
- Retail - Wallmart India
- Manufacturing - Vedanta Ltd, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, ITC Ltd (SBU - Packaging & Printing), Tata Motors Ltd, FLSmidth India, Va Tech Wabag Ltd, Dell International Services India Pvt Ltd
- IT - Wipro Ltd, Nuance Transcription Services India Pvt Ltd, Inatech India Pvt Ltd, Photon Interactive Pvt Ltd, Freshworks Technologies Pvt Ltd, Prodapt Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Logistics - GATI Ltd
Placement trends of 2017-2019
For PGDM Full-Time
|Total Companies||No. of Sectors||Median Salary (in INR)||Average Salary (in INR)||Highest Salary (in INR)|
|More than 50||13||9 Lakhs||10 Lakhs||17 Lakhs|
LIBA Results and Cut-off
LIBA Chennai announces its cut-off after the declaration of CAT results. The applicants who have scored above the cutoff mark have been shortlisted based on various criteria. LIBA’s expected overall cutoff mark is 80 percentile for PGDM.
Other than the overall cutoff marks in the entrance exams, the candidates should have a bachelor's degree and should have a minimum of 60% marks in their graduation.
|Section||Cut-off for General||Cut-off for Catholics|
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension||22.40||34.77|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||55.42||34.21|
|Section||Cut-off for General||Cut-off for Catholics|
|Reasoning & Decision-making Ability||56.51||20|
LIBA Alumni Network
Loyola Institute of Business Administration has an alumni association, which aims to build relations between the current students and their alumni. The team organises the Annual Alumni Day event every year.
The team organises Alumni awards, a campus tour and interactive discussions with the current batch students. The alumni help their alma mates in every way possible.
The Institute provides scholarships to the meritorious students on a merit-cum-means basis with marked financial problems. LIBA has tie-ups with corporates such as Hyundai Motors India Limited, Palaniswamy Trust Bharti Foundations and many more, which also have this type of programmes to provide the financial help to the students.
LIBA Campus Facilities
Loyola Institute of Business Administration is a private business institution in Chennai. LIBA is managed by Jesuits of the Loyola College Society, is well known for its contribution to higher education. The college offers its students the best education, well-equipped classrooms and a platform for experiential learning.
The institute provides all necessary amenities to its students. It has a big auditorium room, well-furnished boys and girls hostel, well-equipped computer lab, proper medical facilities, well-furnished classrooms, modern sports facilities along with free high-speed Wi-Fi all over the campus.
|The Times Group||41|