Pokhran-II, the series of five nuclear bomb test explosions, what was the code name of this operation?
1614 booking open! Non - invigilated. Help yourself!
QA-55(19C 2W 1W-FIB) Used to be my forte once
VA/RC-53(19C 4W 2W-FIB)
OA-165 A balanced one I wud say!! :)
NAIL THE RCs
Well I am no expert but I use certain techniques by which I nail about 3-4 RCs in each mock. I am not that good in Quant so I try to maximise my verbal section through RCs.
. Techniques that I follow , some of them are:-
1) First, remove the fear that RCs are negative marks accumulators.
2) Read two editorials per day from www.aldaily.com and the newspaper.
3) Try and read novels-good old classics should help.
Now the RC bit
1) If you don't like the initial line of the RC don't proceed then, solve it at the very end if you have time or completely leave it. This liking is similar to the feeling you get when you choose your girlfriend over another girl.
2) When you are reading your RC, stop looking at the clock, read slowly but steadily. If verbal is your weaker section then you must attempt 2Rcs to the bare minimum , so yes you have time. If you complete the other questions and have 25 min left for your RCs then you can knock of two of them completely. So don't panic.
3) Don't look here are there. Read it at a stretch and slowly. Put two fingers in your ears and read if possible but get the facts in your head.
4) After reading the entire passage summarise the gist in your head for about 30sec and then proceed to the questions.
5) Read the question-each question at-least two times if not thrice. Try to understand what is being asked and get to the part of the passage from where the question loiters about. Read that part again. don't worry about the time. Two options shall be damn close. If you have clicked the obvious then stare at the screen and contradict yourself . If you can't Convince yourself to change the response click on that.
6) Treat RCs as the father of critical reasoning questions. We aren't afraid of ghosts, we are afraid of the dark. So change the term!!! Call the RCs " Long CRs" It worked for me.
7) If you have no idea regarding an answer even after following all the other steps, leave that question. -1 se behataar zero hain. : stuck_out_tongue:
8) For those who are lacking the appetite to solve RCs i suggest you to practise from www.rcprep.com. If you are really poor at solving RCs I suggest you to take 12min per rc and solve two of them correctly. matlab 7*3=21 is better than 6*3-7=11, if you get what I mean.
9) Last but not the least, as the saying goes : " Shop till you drop. " Practise till you literally drop. RCs are like DI , only a bit complex. They aren't as straightforward as DIs and ajke din me sabhi googly hi daalte hain. So we should all get used to it :3
10) Always read the passage first and then answer the questions. But if you see that only 4 or 3 minutes are left and you have nothing else to do. Go look for the other passages and skim for direct factual questions like :" What does the author say when we meant this word? " or " What was the reason behind this" or "meaning of word". Such questions you can solve easily if you find the part of the passage from where it is taken. skim through the passage fast. the idea is to hold on to your nerves. again nahi hua toh thik hain lekin -1 nahi chahiye. if you find out the part and if you are absolutely sure, then mark it. this is the only time when you should read the question first and the passage later
PS:- THIS ARTICLE IS ENTIRELY COMPOSED BY ME AND REFLECTS MY VIEWS ONLY, ON HOW TO TACKLE RCs. THEY MAY NOT BE THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH IT BUT IT WORKS FOR ME. JUST THOUGHT MAYBE MY PROCESS WOULD HELP SOME PEOPLE, SO POSTED.AGAIN I AM NO EXPERT.
last waiting list converted in GEN Cat in 8th list
I am preparing myself for the CAT'15. I have been switching between Quants, verbal and critical reasoning sections. The problem I face is to what depth should I have to prepare? How should I strengthen myself in a particular section ??
One more question. I have a work experience of abt 3 yrs till date. Will executive MBA serve as a good course for me? Or is it ideal to go for the 2 yr course?
Am targetting CAT 2016
10th - 96%
12th - 86%
grad - 7.7 cgpa
Category : SC
Ofc i should target a CAT score as high as possible. But whats the minimum percentile required to get a call from the older IIMs considering i have 2 years work ex in automobile sector.?
A.In 1999, Wipro had a net profit of Rs 176 crore, Infosys Rs 144 crore.
B.Astonishingly, Wipro and Infosys are not big companies by conventional Indian standards, let alone international ones.
C.But the fixed assets of Wipro are just Rs 450 crore, and of Infosys only Rs 169 crore.
D.In Rajiv Gandhi's time, a larger industrial house was defined as one having fixed assets of Rs 500 crore, which at today's prices would be around Rs 2,000 crore.
IIFT Kolkata this year (or) job as a Business Analyst (Salary ~ 10 lpa)? 2 years of work ex. 80+ in 10th/12th and UnderGrad.
Which is the preferable route?
My only concern being that i'll be around 3 years workex by next year, which just might act as a deterrent
Please suggest me a good institute in delhi ncr for CAT preparation.
I want a short term classroom course( 3/3.5 months) for CAT'15
Which of the institutes in Delhi NCR provide this type of short term classroom course ?
Thanks in advance
Hi guys.. I have a 3 years experience in market research (of which, about 1 year if from a reputed analyst firm). I have made it to the waiting list for IIM Vizag (Wait List 8). If anyone has an idea, should I expect this waiting list to be cleared in subsequent rounds? Also, will it be worth it to join the institute for a person with 3 years work ex? Please guide. Thanks in advance.
I am looking for your guidance with regards to FPM.
I am working in IT sector since 5 years. Below is my profile summary:
10th - 60%
Actually, I completed my B.Tech in year 2007. After its completion i was in teaching sector in one of the engineering college for almost 3 years.Then I switched to corporate and currently working with reputed organization. I am very much eager to do FPM in Information Systems. I know that academic background is average one but i am confident that i can get good score in CAT.Can you please help me to understand what are my chances of grabbing FPM seat after going through my profile summary. Looking forward for a response from you lovely people.
anybody has the google drive content that last year provided in jugaad thread of pagalguy by avish jain and toughluck sir please help
Naye pattern wale bull mock konse test se hain.Tell for both bull cat as well as bull mock cat..
Guys, I have a petition for you all. Pls read this.
Vis-a-vis CAT 2015 notification and the change of pattern in the exam, all the coaching institutes are putting commendable efforts in re-designing their mocks and providing them in the new pattern in the earliest possible time. IMS has already given Simcat 2.0!! Hat tip to IMS for this and also for the fact that they are going to provide all the procs as well as unprocs in the new format...which actually sums up to some 30 odd tests. Which is quite satisfying.
Now comes the concern for writing this elaborate post, it is the announcement made by CL. They have proclaimed, and quite candidly, that only 13 new mocks is going to be "OPTIMUM" for practice in these 4 months. That actually is a fluke if u realise that it doesn't even guarantee 1 mock/week!! And when I mailed them regarding this they had a very disturbing reply.
Anyway I wanted to know all you CL test-takers' opinion regarding this. Is 13 new mocks really "OPTIMUM" for you over a span of 4 final months or you have other expectations like me?? Find below the number of mocks that you expect from the costliest test series provider-Career Launcher.
P.S.- If u support the cause and have a similar concern, kindly mail CL at this mail id and voice your concern. email@example.com
Converted in the 8th list.
What can be the possible drawbacks of joining so late? Also, I am confused between FMS and IIMK. Kindly help.
Anyone interested in exchanging their CL id with my IMS ID. Kindly inbox me.