T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal Overview
TAPMI is one of the top business schools in India that strives to excel in post-graduate management education, research and practice. It aims to nurture and develop global leaders and wealth creators through its full-time postgraduate management courses.
The leading business school TAPMI was established as the Manipal Institute of Management in the year 1980. However, in the next year i.e. 1981, the college was renamed as T.A. PAI Management Institute after its founder - Late Shri Tonse Ananth Pai (T.A. Pai).
Over the years, the TAPMI has managed to carve a niche for itself and become one of the most sought-after management colleges in the country.
TAPMI is the fifth institute in the country to have dual accreditations – AMBA (Association of MBAs) and AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
TAPMI offers four post-graduate management programs viz., Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), PGDM - Banking and Financial Services, PGDM – Human Resources Management, and PGDM – Marketing and Sales Management.
Moreover, T.A. PAI Management Institute Manipal boasts of a 42-acre CISCO enabled state-of-the-art campus with modern facilities and amenities, including the largest finance lab powered by Bloomberg and an application-oriented, highly qualified faculty.
With a legacy of around four decades and an aim to excel in post-graduate management education, research and practice, the institute has successfully contributed to the talent pool of the country over the years.
T.A. PAI Management Institute offers a number of programs viz. Post Graduate Diploma in Management, Ph.D., and Executive Education, along with many International Collaborations & Partnerships.
Those seeking Admission for Batch 2020-2022, in management programs, can apply for any of the following four TAPMI PGDM courses.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM): TAPMI's flagship two-year, full-time postgraduate program with a focus on experiential learning to help students excel in their careers.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Banking and Financial Services (PGDM-BKFS): It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program that aims to build professionals who possess the requisite skills and knowledge about banking and finance.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Human Resources Management (PGDM-HR): It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program to develop transformational HR leaders who can excel in the corporate domain. This HR program has been designed in collaboration with Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) – the world’s largest HR professional society.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Marketing and Sales Management (PGDM-MSM): It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program for developing professionals who can lead delivery-based sales teams without any hassle.
ADMISSION & FEES
TAPMI admission process is quite simple and systematic. Candidates just need to follow a few simple steps to apply for the PGDM programs.
- Foremost, candidates need to complete the TAPMI Registration 2020 process, wherein they have to sign up using their Email ID on the official website.
- Next, they are required to choose the course they would like to apply for. They can opt for one or more programs as per their preference.
- This is followed by filling in the requisite details and paying the application fees according to the number of courses applied. Payment can be done through credit card/debit card/net banking/UPI.
- Candidates need to then submit the online form as well as save a copy for future correspondence.
Please note that before filling the TAPMI Application form 2020, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria, otherwise their application will be declined. Also note that last date to apply for TAPMI Batch of 2020-2022, is February 2, 2020.
T.A. PAI Management Institute offers four postgraduate courses - PGDM-General, PGDM-BKFS, PGDM-HR, and PGDM-MSM. The fees for all of TAPMI's PGDM courses are the same.
- TAPMI Fees for Indians / CIWG
- Tuition Fees: INR 14.60 Lakhs
- Hostel Fees: INR 3.30 Lakhs
- TAPMI Manipal Fees for NRI / PIO / Foreign Nationals
- Tuition Fees: USD 40000
- Hostel Fees: INR 3.30 Lakhs
Please note that the above mentioned TAPMI PGDM Fees are tentative and subject to revision.SCHOLARSHIP
T.A. PAI Management Institute provides 50 scholarships to deserving candidates worth approximately INR 2.5 crores.
Candidates applying to TAPMI Manipal need to fulfill certain eligibility criteria and selection process for admission. The standard process followed for all its PGDM courses is as follows:
- They need to have a graduate degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized college. Final year students can also apply; however, their admission is subject to fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria, i.e. securing 50% marks in graduation and furnishing the mark sheet/degree prior to the designated date. If not, their admission will be cancelled.
- They then need to fulfill the 2-Stage selection process – Shortlisting & Admission Process.
- Shortlisted candidates then need to undergo the Admission Process - Stage 2. It comprises of the Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), Collaborative Problem-Solving Ability, and Personal Interview (PI).
- Final TAPMI Results are based on the overall performance of the candidates, which includes CAT / XAT / GMAT Score + Verbal Ability Percentile + Academic Credentials + WAT Marks + GD Score + PI Performance.
Please note that shortlisting for each course is separate and independent of the other programs. Hence, a candidate getting shortlisted for one program does not guarantee their shortlisting for other programs offered by TAPMI.
TAPMI Placements are one of the key aspects that attracts candidates to this prestigious B-School. Similar to previous batches, TAPMI Manipal 2017 – 2019 batch also had an amazing placement season.
The institute managed 100% placement for its latest batch of 412 students (400 students were successfully placed while 12 opted for out of campus placement).
Following are the placement highlights:
- Total Number of Companies: 126
- Top Package: INR 20 Lakhs
- TAPMI Average Package: INR 11.06 Lakhs
- PPOs: 52 (Offered by 19 companies with Highest CTC: INR 15.2 Lakhs & Average CTC: 12.1 Lakhs)
TAPMI College is located in the internationally renowned university town of Manipal in the state of Karnataka. The management institute boasts of a state-of-the-art campus spread across 44.11 acres of scenic space.
The CISCO enabled campus is replete with modern-day facilities and amenities that ensure the overall development of students.
Some of the facilities of the amazing TAPMI Campus with world-class ICT infrastructure and modern audio-video systems are:
- Air-conditioned Classrooms
- Finance Lab
- Seminar Hall
- Knowledge Centre
- State-of-the-art Gym
- Sports (Cricket Nets, Table Tennis and Basketball Court)
- Utilities (Medicare, Convenience Store, Housekeeping & Laundry Service, ATM)
Admissions Office CoordinatesTAPMI Manipal
P.B. No. 9
Manipal – 576104
|CSR GHRDC (Private Supreme B-Schools)||4|
|CSR GHRDC (Private B-Schools in Karnataka)||1|
|QS World University Rankings||101+ Band|
|Business Today (Overall)||19|
|Outlook (Private B-Schools in India)||7|