Prin. L.N.Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research (WeSchool), Mumbai Overview
Prin L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research is one of the popular B-Schools in India that provides varied Full-Time, Executive, Part-Time, Ph.D., & Distance Learning programs for corporate leaders of tomorrow.
Welingkar Mumbai offers eight 2-year, full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Management courses – PGDM, PGDM E-Business, PGDM Business Design, PGDM Research & Business Analytics, PGDM Healthcare, PGDM Media & Entertainment, PGDM Rural Management, and PGDM Retail Management.
ABOUT WELINGKAR INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
Prin L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research (WeSchool) Mumbai is one of the renowned B-Schools in India that is known for its progressive and innovative higher education programs.
WeSchool Mumbai was established in the year 1977, under the aegis of Shikshana Prasaraka Mandali (S.P. Mandali Trust), which is one of the oldest trusts in the field of education.
The institute has two campuses – We School Mumbai and We School Bangalore – both of which provide carefully curated programs to shape future-ready managers who can effortlessly make an impact in the competitive corporate world.
Welingkar Institute of Management Mumbai not only boasts of an impressive academic ecosystem but also state-of-the-art infrastructure.
Along with many full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) courses and Master in Management Studies course, Welingkar Institute Mumbai offers several Executive, Part-time, Ph.D., and Distance Learning programs.
Moreover, the B-School focuses on the holistic development of its students, so along with academics, Welingkar Institute offers many other facilities to them, such as We School Center for Research and Innovation Lab, to name a few.
WELINGKAR INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT COURSES
Aspirants can choose from different Prin L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research courses, such as full-time Welingkar MBA program and Welingkar Part-Time MBA courses, depending upon their career goals and interests. Following are the courses offered by Prin L N Welingkar Institute (We School) Mumbai for nurturing future-ready managers:
Welingkar Mumbai Full-Time Management Programs:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM): It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program that offers a mix of general management and functional specializations in the fields of Human Resources, Marketing, Operations, and Finance.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) E-Business: It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program that offers a blend of technology and business to excel in the dynamic corporate world.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Business Design: It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program that offers cross-disciplinary learning by combining design principles and management to come up with innovative solutions.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Research & Business Analytics: It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program that offers an understanding of multiple fields - Quantitative Techniques, Analytics Technologies, Information Design, Business Foundation, and Qualitative Research Techniques and Design Thinking Approaches.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Healthcare: It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program to shape leaders for varied healthcare segments through a T-shaped learning approach.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Media & Entertainment: It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program that offers comprehensive knowledge and a deeper understanding of the dynamic media and entertainment business.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Rural Management: It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program that offers transformational cross-disciplinary learning for a better understanding of the rural market and consumers.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Retail Management: It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program that offers theoretical and practical knowledge to become competent managers in the fast-changing world of retail.
- Masters in Management Studies (MMS): It is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program that offers knowledge and skills to cater to the needs of industry, business, and society.
Welingkar Mumbai Executive Programs:
- Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Entrepreneurship Management: It is an 11-month executive program based on the AAA principle - Acquisition, Application & Assimilation of Knowledge.
- Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Media & Entertainment Management: It is an 11-month program that provides theoretical and practical knowledge to excel in the media and entertainment segment.
- Management Developments Program (MDP): It is a customized executive program offered to professionals to enhance their knowledge so that they can excel in their respective careers.
Welingkar Mumbai Part-Time Master Programs:
- Masters in Human Resource Development Management (MHRDM): It is a 3-year, part-time master’s course in Human Resource (HR) policies and practices to manage in the VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity) world.
- Masters in Financial Management (MFM): It is a 3-year, part-time master’s course in the field of finance, which is integral to every business.
- Masters in Information Management (MIM): It is a 3-year, part-time master’s course to acquire knowledge about the ever-evolving area of Information Technology and put it into practice for the betterment of organization and business.
- Masters in Marketing Management (MMM): It is a 3-year, part-time master’s course to nurture marketing professionals who can devise strategies in tandem with the dynamic markets of today.
Welingkar Mumbai Ph.D. Program:
- Ph.D. Program in Management Studies: It is offered in affiliation with Mumbai University to empower scholars to contribute to the future of corporate and industry through research.
- Welingkar College 11-Month Post Graduate Programs & 6-Month Certificate Programs
Several Post Graduate Programs (PGP) and Certificate Programs are offered to freshers and entry-level executives for a better understanding of corporate functions so that they can build their profiles to climb the corporate ladder.
- Welingkar College Distance Learning:
Along with several residential and regular courses, Welingkar Institute offers several distance learning programs with several specialization options. Professionals can opt for these eLearn Welingkar programs, study from the comfort of their home, take the Welingkar online exam, and earn the degree to take their career to the next level.
PGDM ADMISSION & FEES
Admission to Welingkar PGDM is solely based on merit with no discrimination done on any basis. The entire process is quite systematic and involves the following steps:
- Candidates need to log on to the official website to register and create an account.
- They then need to pay the application fees.
- Subsequently, candidates receive an email from the college that mentions the form number and password, which are needed for future correspondence.
Please note that before creating the Welingkar student login for admission and paying the application fees, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria of respective PGDM programs.
They must also ensure that for creating the Welingkar login, they must use the email ID that they access regularly as all communications by the college are done by email.
Furthermore, the Welingkar fees structure for its two-year, full-time PGDM programs is roughly around INR 12 Lakhs to INR 14 Lakhs, including accommodation charges that vary from INR 1 Lakh to INR 1.5 Lakhs. For the Mumbai campus, accommodation is subject to availability while for Bengaluru, accommodation is mandatory.
Prin L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research (We School) is a prestigious B-School that offers varied PGDM courses to freshers and working professionals. The eligibility criteria for Welingkar Institute of Management admission 2020 are as follow:
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- Final year students are eligible for applying to the PGDM program; however, admission granted is provisional and subject to candidates completing their graduation with requisite marks within the stipulated timeframe.
- Candidates must register and appear for one of the qualifying entrance tests - CAT / XAT / CMAT / ATMA / GMAT.
- A unique shortlisting process is followed by the B-School, wherein eligible candidates are shortlisted based on their profile - academic credentials, work experience, extracurricular achievements & awards at the district/national/international level. Shortlisted candidates then need to appear for Group Discussion – GD and Personal Interview – PI that are organized at selected cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru.
- For the final selection, 35% weightage is given to the Qualifying Test Score while 65% weightage is given to GD-PI, Academic Record, Work Experience, as well as Sports & Extracurricular Achievements.
Apart from Profile Based Shortlisting in Phase 1, the college also does Non-Profile Based Shortlisting in Phase 2 of its admission process. Shortlisted candidates of Phase 2 are also called for GD-PI round, which is only organized at the Welingkar Mumbai campus and Welingkar Bangalore campuses. Thereafter, the final list of selected candidates is announced by the college.
Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai boasts of impressive placements for its PGDM batches year after year. Welingkar Institute of Management ranking among top business schools in India attracts several companies across varied sectors for its placements.
This year’s Welingkar placements also saw its students being offered diverse roles in varied sectors at attractive packages.
Accenture, ATS, Axis Bank, IBM, HDFC Bank, Deloitte, Airtel, ICICI Bank L’Oréal India, ITC, and many other renowned domestic and international companies took part in the placements this year. Some of the key highlights of the placements of 2017-2019 PGDM batch were:
- 358 companies visited the campus, including 227 new companies.
- PGDM Domestic Highest Package: INR 15 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Domestic Average Package: INR 9.05 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM International Highest Package: INR 21.29 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM International Average Package: INR 7.99 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM E-Business Domestic Highest Package: INR 13.94 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM E-Business Domestic Average Package: INR 9.06 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Business Design Domestic Highest Package: INR 12 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Business Design Domestic Average Package: INR 8.69 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Research & Business Analytics Domestic Highest Package: INR 15.12 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Research & Business Analytics Domestic Average Package: INR 9.02 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Healthcare Domestic Highest Package: INR 15 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Healthcare Domestic Average Package: INR 8.18 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Media & Entertainment Domestic Highest Package: INR 9.63 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Media & Entertainment Domestic Average Package: INR 7.77 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Rural Management Domestic Highest Package: INR 10.07 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Rural Management Domestic Average Package: INR 8.29 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Retail Management Domestic Highest Package: INR 13.94 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Retail Management Domestic Average Package: INR 8.29 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Retail Management International Highest Package: INR 16.89 Lakhs Per Annum
- PGDM Retail Management International Average Package: INR 8.17 Lakhs Per Annum
Prin L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research has a sprawling state-of-the-art campus complete with Wi-Fi and numerous other new-age amenities and learning tools.
Along with Mumbai’s first innovation lab and memetics center named InnoWE, the institute boasts of various other facilities such as:
- Well-Equipped Classrooms with Audio-Visual Facilities
- Fully Automated Library
- Advanced Information Centre
- Well-Designed Amphitheatre
- Spacious Auditorium
- Conference Room
- Maker’s Lab
- Agri Lab
- Brainstorm Room
- Nirvana Hall
January 13-14, 2020, International Conference on Future of Work Workforce & Workplace, Mumbai (AICTE Sponsored).
FAQsQ. How much is the expected Welingkar cut off? A. The cut-off varies from one year to another. Based on last year’s cut off, the expected cut off is CAT / XAT – 86, CMAT - 95, & ATMA – 96. Q. What is a profile-based call? A. It is the shortlisting of candidates done by WeSchool for GD-PI during Phase 1 of its admission and is based on the candidate’s academic record, work experience, and extracurricular/sports achievements and awards. Q. When is the last date to apply for PGDM? A. Not yet announced, but is expected to be the same as the previous year’s Welingkar last date of application 2019-2021 PGDM program, which was in the last week of January. Q. If not selected in Phase 1, can I apply for Phase 2? A. You don’t need to reapply if not selected in Phase 1 as your profile will be re-evaluated in Phase 2. But you can update your Entrance Test section by adding scores of other tests before the last date. Q. Is the hostel facility available at the Mumbai campus? A. Yes, separate hostels for boys and girls are available within 2 kilometers’ radius of the college, and offered at first-come, first-serve basis. Q. Is the application fee refundable? A. No, the application fee is non-refundable, unless multiple payments have been made by the student by mistake. Q. What is the Welingkar College Hybrid PGDM program? A. This is a unique program offered by the Welingkar Institute that combines the convenience of distance learning with the benefits of Welingkar online and full-time learning models.
Welingkar Mumbai Address
Prin L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research
Lakhamsi Napoo Road
Near Matunga (Central Railway)
Mumbai – 400019
Welingkar Contact Number: +91-22-24198300, +91-22-24178300
Admission Enquiry for PGDM & University Programs
Phone: +91-22-24198400, +91-22-24198700