Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, (XIME) Bangalore
XIME was established in 1991 by a group of distinguished academicians under the leadership of Prof. J. Philip, former Director of IIM, Bangalore. XIME Bangalore is located in the heart of Electronics City, the Silicon Valley of India, Bangalore with IT icons such as Hewlett Packard, Infosys, TCS and Wipro as its neighbors. The campus vibrates with myriad activities such as conventions, conferences, student competitions, short-term industry relevant programmes and cultural activities, along with excellent cocurricular activities.
XIME is today a global brand and hosts regular international events in collaboration with fifteen partner institutions from around the globe, including strong student exchange programmes, faculty exchange programmes and international study tours for its students. The PGDM at XIME Bangalore has AICTE approval for an intake of 180 students per year.
- Admissions purely on merit
- Contemporary curriculum
- Strategic tie-up with XLRI (in process)
- Fully residential programme with state of the art classrooms, well stocked library, wi-fi enabled campus, separate hostels for boys and girls, gym, sports facilities, college bus etc
- Faculty members from globally renowned institutions like Harvard, Columbia, XLRI Jamshedpur, IIM etc
- Diversity – has students from 23-25 states; girls form almost 50 percent across batches
- International networking and linkages –strong and active network with universities and institutions across the globe and MoUs with foreign institutions
- Faculty exchange programmes with foreign institutions
- International students exchange programmes / study tours
- Two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management Flagship programme of XIME.
- AICTE approved two-year, full-time, residential programme.
- Annual intake of 180 students at Bangalore and 120 students each at Chennai and Kochi.
- Trimester system.
- Foundation courses in management
- covered in the first year. Electives, core courses, environmental and integrative courses covered in thesecond year.
- SIP – Summer Internship Programme aimed at providing industrial experience to students.
- SUPA – Socially Useful and Productive Activity is a mandatory internship to help students understand management issues of NGOs and provides exposure for appreciation of social issues.
- International Educational Tour
XIME Bangalore Admission 2019:
- Candidates applying for the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) are required to have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks for all subjects taken together (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates who are appearing for their final year examination and are awaiting their results
may also apply. However, they should have maintained an average of 50% marks in the
degree course until then.
- They should be completing all their degree examinations before 15th June 2019. Such candidates are required to produce proof of passing the Degree examination with the minimum required marks of 50%, latest by 10th September 2019.
- Applicants who have un-cleared backlog papers in graduation, are not eligible to apply. Entrance Test\
- An entrance test score of 75 percentile and above in any of the following Entrance Tests (75% in GMAT)
XAT – 2019
CAT – 2018
CMAT – 2019
MAT – May 2018, September 2018, December 2018 & February 2019
ATMA – May 2018, June 2018, July 2018, August 2018 & February 2019
GMAT – 2017, 2018 and 2019
Only such tests in 2018-19 where results are declared latest by 25th February 2019 will be
How to apply
- Download PGDM Programme Bulletin 2019 from www.xime.org.
- Read and understand the Programme Bulletin and its guidelines regarding admissions.
- Application shall be submitted only through online mode. XIME provides an interactive userinterface for entering details in the application form; the platform ensures data security and auto-saving.
- Please click on the link Apply online for PGDM on the website www.xime.org.
- No need to send hardcopy of application form or any other documents to XIME while applying.
- Application Fee is Rs.1250/- plus GST @ 18% for ‘early applicants’ (on or before 31st December 2018) and Rs.1500/- plus GST @ 18% for subsequent applicants.
- Last date of submission of application form along with the payment of application fee is 27th February 2018.
- Application fee shall be paid online by credit card/debit card/net banking/mobile wallets
- Applicants will receive a system generated acknowledgment for the application submitted and payment of application fee. With this the application process is complete.
Criteria for shortlisting candidates for admission to the PGDM Programme
- Score for academic performance in X Std., XII Std., Under Graduate Degree/ Post Graduate Degree – 20%
Score in the Common Admission test (CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, GMAT) – 35%
- Group discussion/interview – 35%
- Weightage for participation in Sports, Extra-Curricular activities, Academic diversity and Gender diversity – 10%
|Course name||Duration||Fees||Exams Accepted|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management [PGDM]||2 years||10.00 Lakhs||CAT, XAT, GMAT, ATMA, CMAT, MAT|
200+ Students got placed in companies like Infosys, Blue Star, TATA Elxsi, Feedback Consultants, Wipro, Blue Ocean Ventures, Maverick System, ICICI Prudential, TCS . with average package being 7.76 LPA. The maximum salary offered to students was 14.38 LPA
|Year||Companies Visited||Highest Package||Average Package|
Infosys, Blue Star, TATA Elxsi, Feedback Consultants, Wipro, Blue Ocean Venture, Maveric Systems, ICICI Prudential, TCS, Ruchi Soy, Future Pacing Pune, Prop Tiger, KPMG, NTT Data, Zee TV, Samsung, E&Y, L&T Finance, Samsung and etc.
|14.38 LPA||7.76 LPA|
Infrastructure and Facilities
The Academic center at XIME has a good number of high tech classrooms; spacious library with good
collection of books, journals and magazines; auditoria and executive conference halls for guest lectures
and other important events.
Classrooms with seating capacity ranging from 40 to 150; fully equipped with public address system
and LCD projectors
Library with excellent collection of books and journals
Executive Conference Hall for Management Development Programmes (MDPs)
State of the art Auditoria with excellent seating capacities
Video conferencing facility for virtual classes and Webinars
Well-equipped gymnasium and facilities for cricket, basketball, volley ball, badminton, tennis, billiards
and table tennis
Students’ lounge with entertainment facilities
Canteen and dining rooms; coffee vending machines
The meticulously planned Ladies’ Hostels in all three campuses are located right behind the main
teaching-cum-administration block of the Institute. The hostel facilities include:
Well-lit, spacious rooms with French windows
All basic amenities including 24-hour hot water
Internet facility (Wi-Fi enabled)
Facility for playing Badminton, Table Tennis, Billiards, Basketball etc.
A common room with indoor games and entertainment facility
The spacious men’s hostels across all the three locations provide:
Well-lit, spacious rooms
All basic amenities including 24-hour hot water
Internet facility (Wi-Fi enabled)
A common room with indoor games/TV
Facilities for games
Well Stocked Library
The library in each campus has a wide range of intellectual materials from archives and books to
magazines, newspapers, audio-video cassettes and CDs. It is quite spacious, and has a peaceful
environment for self-learning. The well-stocked central library has:
• Library Management System, managed by experienced staff, to facilitate easy search and location of
• Fully Wi-Fi enabled library allowing easy access to research material.
• Nearly 40,000 books between our Bangalore, Chennai and Kochi campuses.
• A wide range of intellectual material from archives and books to magazines, newspapers, audio-video
cassettes and CDs.
• Excellent collection of books in management and allied subjects, magazines and journals – both
national and international.
• Online databases – EBSCO, J-Gate and Proquest.
• Bound volumes of a number of national and international magazines/journals collected over years.
• Internet access, image scanning and CD/DVD recording of material in the audio-video reference
• Member of Delnet Network.
• Subscription to Harvard Business School cases for class room training.
• Subscription to the EMIS (Emerging Markets Information Services) financial database for research.
The Computing facilities in each campus include fully wired computer lab equipped with software
for creating presentations, data analysis, word processing, image capture and modification, statistical
analysis and multimedia activity. PCs are networked to multiple servers. Students have dedicated folder
space in the server. The networked facilities include software development kits, RDBMS and centralized
scanning and printing.
The Computer Centre is equipped with:
• Latest servers and PCs as nodes, connected on a Windows Server platform
• Fully wired and Wi-Fi enabled campus
• 100 MBPS internet connections in each campus
• Part of SAP’s University Alliances Program
• Latest software packages
• Video Conferencing facility
Awards & Scholarships:
Awards for the Talented A number of Awards have been instituted to encourage excellence in student performance throughout the course and in various functional areas. These include:
- Triune Company Gold Medal for the Best All Round Performer in the Outgoing PGDM Batch
- The Chairman’s Gold Medal for the student scoring the Highest CGPA in the Outgoing PGDM Batch
- XIME Chairman’s Roll of Honour for Outstanding Academic Performance Award (2nd Position) with cash award of Rs. 20,000
- XIME Chairman’s Roll of Honour for Outstanding Academic Performance Award (3rd Position) with cash award of Rs. 10,000
- President’s Scholarship of Rs. 2, 00,000 to a meritorious student 6. Barrister M. K. Nambiar Memorial Scholarship of Rs. 2, 00,000 to a meritorious student
- Late Prof. J.D. Cherayil Memorial Scholarship of Rs. 2, 00,000 to a meritorious student
- Sarosh J Ghandy Scholarship of Rs. 2, 00,000 to a meritorious student
- Prof J Philip Scholarship of Rs. 2, 00,000 to a meritorious student
- Cash Award of Rs. 25,000 to the student who scores the highest CGPA in First Year
- Archbishop Alphonsus Mathias award of Rs. 10,000 for Humanitarian Spirit and Service
- Anshul Choudhary Memorial Award of Rs. 10,000 for the most musically talented student
- Maria Philip Memorial Award of Rs. 10,000 for the best speaker of the Institute
- Mphasis Excellence award of Rs. 10,000 for the best outgoing HR Student.
- Dell Excellence award of Rs. 10,000 for the best outgoing Marketing Student
- Muthoot Group award of Rs. 10,000 for the best outgoing Finance Student
- XIME Alumni award of Rs. 10,000 for the best outgoing Operations Student
- Tata Elxsi Innovation Award of Rs. 10,000 for the best Summer Internship Project
- C L George Award of Rs. 10,000 for the student with the best potential for Entrepreneurship
- Merit Cum Means Scholarships of Rs. 1.25 lakh to 20 deserving students across the 3 institutions Scholarships : XIME will offer Merit based Scholarships to the top 10 % of students. Such scholarships will range from 20% to 65%, in addition to the existing Awards and Scholarships.