Industrial and Management Engineering [IME] – IIT Kanpur Overview
About the College
The Department of Industrial & Management Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur offers a 2-year full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. The program is spread over four semesters and a summer term. The Department of Industrial and Management Engineering (IME) at IIT Kanpur was set up in 1974. It is one of the first in the country to recognize the strength of combining the training of engineers with management education.
The heterogeneous mix of engineers from diverse fields enriches the learning environment, turning it into a fountainhead of vibrant ideas. Since its inception passed many milestones and currently stands at 16th position in NIRF Management Rankings 2021. The program focuses on developing analytical, product management, and marketing expertise alongside managerial skills for prevailing business domains. It covers diverse topics from both the management and engineering paradigms. Statistical modeling, improvement of productivity, quality, and profitability in the manufacturing sector, supply chain management, and application of optimization techniques and Business Intelligence tools in economics, finance, marketing, and IT are some areas to which students are exposed. The course work includes compulsory and elective courses along with a capstone project and a summer term in the area of student’s interest.
Key Highlights of MBA IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kanpur offers a highly affordable Two-Year MBA costing Rs. 3.6 lakh in residential mode. Hostel fees in IITK come to around Rs. 15000/year.
- The student-to-teacher ratio at MBA IIT Kanpur is almost 3:1, which works well for the students and the faculty.
- The SIDBI Innovation and Incubation center at IIT Kanpur offers a gamut of facilities for aspiring entrepreneurs.
- IIT Kanpur MBA has an impressive ROI with fees around 3.6L* and an average salary of Rs. 16.9 LPA
- IIT Kanpur has an exuberant campus spread across 1055 acres with world-class infrastructure and amenities
- DIME offers a strong Alumni Network and Corporate Interactions almost every week for students to develop from practical knowledge
- IIT Kanpur offers its students with Live projects and mandatory Capstone projects to get hands-on industry experience