XAT result for the year 2020 will be announced by XLRI, Jamshedpur by second or third week of January 2020. There is no official announcement regarding this, but if trend of XAT results 2019 is followed than results are expected to be out by 15th January 2020.
Details about the percentile, scorecard will be available in the result. Candidate can check the result on www.xatonline.in. with their login ID’s and passwords once the results are out.
XAT Result 2020: Timeline
|Events||Dates ( Tentative)|
|Exam Date||January 5, 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||January 12, 2020|
|Results||January 15, 2020|
|Release of Cut Offs||January 21, 2020|
|Download scorecard||Feb 1 – Feb 25 2020|
Steps to check XAT Result
Candidates will have to follow below mentioned steps to check the XAT results-
- Visit the official website of XAT 2020 – xatonline.in
- Look for “XAT 2020 Score Card”
- Click on the XAT 2020 Score Card tab
- Login using XAT registration ID and Date of Birth
- Enter the security text given
- Click on download XAT scorecard
- Download the scorecard in PDF Format
As the XAT scorecards are available online for a short period of time. Candidates must download their scorecards before the closure date.
Information mentioned on XAT scorecard
|1||Name of the Candidate|
|2||Gender of the Candidate|
|3||Address of the Candidate|
|5||Exam Date of XAT|
|6||Date of Birth|
|7||Validity of XAT Scorecard|
According to XLRI Jamshedpur, the percentile for, verbal and logical ability, quantitative ability and decision making shows the applicants relative performance position in the total population of the applicants in the particular section. The percentile for “Total” represents the applicant’s relative performance position in the total population of the applicants.
Only the percentage and percentile of general knowledge section is calculated independently and is not included in the calculation process of “Total”.
Procedure to calculate XAT Score
In order to calculate the XAT score let us first understand the marking scheme represents
|For every Right answer||+1|
|For every Wrong answer||-0.25|
|More than 8 unanswered questions||-0.5|
Mathematics of the XAT Score
The sum total of marks obtained in all the three sections (VA, DM & QA) is listed for all the candidates
- The candidates are then ranked according to total marks scored in XAT
- Each candidate’s rank is divided by remaining number of test takers and then multiplied by 100 to arrive at the XAT percentile score.
XAT Score Vs Percentile
Here are the marks vs percentile analysis for XAT 2019 result. OA depicts Overall Aggregate.
- 51.26 OA → 99.751 percentile
- 47.12 OA → 99.278 percentile
- 45.64 OA → 98.896 percentile
- 42.82 OA → 97.891 percentile
- 40.83 OA → 96.842 percentile
As per the score normalization process adopted in XAT, no candidate can secure negative percentile. Also, no candidate can score 100 percentile.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for XAT 2020 Result
What Next after XAT Result?
- After the XAT results are declared XLRI will declare the cut off percentile for enrolment to its HRM, GMP and BM courses.
- List of shortlisted candidates is released for GD/PI. Candidates who are shortlisted have to update the city to appear for the interview and also submit required documents.
- They have to choose their interview slots and upload self-profile assessment and video.
- The interviews at XLRI tentatively happens in February and March after the results are declared.
- Separate XAT Cut off id declared by each college accepting XAT scores. The selection rounds are also different for each institute.
|1||Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur|
|2||Xavier Institute of Development Action and Studies Jabalpur|
|3||Xavier Institute of Management Entrepreneurship (XIME) Bengaluru|
|4||Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)|
|5||Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) Ranchi|
|6||Xavier Institute of Management & Research (XIMR) Mumbai|
|7||St. Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology|
|8||St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration (SJCBA) Bengaluru|
|9||St. Francis Institute of Management & Research (SFIMR) Mumbai|
|10||Mount Carmel Institute of Management Bengaluru|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai|
Apart from these 11 XAMI all qualifying candidates can seek admission in any one of the 150 premium B-schools throughout the country.
We at pagalguy.com wish you all the best.
For more XAT Articles please check below: