Xavier University, (XUB) Bhubaneswar Overview
Xavier University Bhubaneswar is a globally recognized center of learning. This first Jesuit university in India came into existence in June 2013 after getting authorized by Odisha Legislative Assembly that passed an act.
Xavier University was set up on a strong foundation based on the Jesuit spirit of ‘Magis’ - which means ‘Greater’ in Latin. And this spirit has strongly influenced the vision and mission statement of the university created by all its stakeholders – faculty, staff, students and alumni. The aim is not just to produce management graduates, but to work towards building a just and humane society. The University has the following constituent Schools of higher learning:
This premier institute inherits the legacy of Xavier Management Institute, which was established in October 1987, and has carved a niche for itself among top B-schools in India.Campuses: XIMB Campus: Xavier Square, Bhubaneswar-751013, Odisha, India New Campus: Plot No. 12 (A), Nijigada, Kurki, Harirajpur - 752050, Odisha, India
Xavier University (XUB) offers numerous Doctoral, Masters and Undergraduate courses in the field of Business Management, Human Resource Management, Rural Management, Sustainability Management, Commerce, and Communications.
The university has two campuses in Bhubaneswar – Xavier City Campus and Management School Campus – that collectively spread across 55 acres of land and comprises the following twelve schools:
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
- School of Human Resource Management (XAHR)
- School of Rural Management (XSRM)
- School of Sustainability (XSOS)
- School of Human Settlements (XAHS)
- School of Commerce (XSOC)
- School of Communications (XCOMM)
- School of Computer Science and Engineering (XCSE)
- School of Economics (XSE)
- Xavier Law School (XLS)
- School of Governance and Public Affairs (SGPA)
- XAVIER-EMLYON Business School (XEBS)
Xavier University (XUB) has been acknowledged worldwide as one of the best business universities in India. Along with imparting management education, this B-school also provides socio-economic development projects to its students, in partnership with the government as well as international bodies.
MBA here helps in the holistic development of its students, making them future-ready managers and entrepreneurs, adding to the pool of intellectual resources of the country.
Xavier University offers Doctoral, Masters and Undergraduate programs. It aspires to lead the country in management education by focusing on research and innovation. The intellectual capital rankings of this University in the country are consistently high.
Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) owes its origin to a "Social Contract" between the Government of Odisha and the Odisha Jesuit Society in 1987. It is acknowledged internationally as a world class business school which provides quality management programs and develops futuristic managers with strong ethics and values. XIMB not only imparts management education but also implements socio-economic development projects in collaboration with international agencies and the Government. The Institute creates opportunities for the growth and development of the local entrepreneurs, maximizes management research and brings about the overall industrial development of India through various innovative consulting projects.
School of Human Resource Management (XAHR) is grooming people-sensitive HR leaders equipped to build sustainable organizations and equitable society. With the foundation strongly laid came the courage and strength to a new metamorphosis of a longer lasting higher-level change and transformation, leading to the creation of well-integrated courses with a common purpose. XAHR has the vision of being the School of choice, in the domains of Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour, for students, academicians and practitioners.
School of Rural Management (XSRM) builds multi-dexterous professionals with the understanding and expertise to work in rural communities, markets, businesses and development programs. It prepares management professionals to apply management science for rural transformation. So, XSRM is committed to the mission of creating social value, meeting the changing needs of rural businesses, government and development organizations.
School of Sustainability (XSOS) intends to promote values of greater environmental justice and peace by offering students to specialize in sustainability and increase their in-depth knowledge and skills in core sustainability competencies thereby providing a competitive edge and global advantage to their careers.
School of Human Settlements (XAHS) intends to develop, transfer and disseminate knowledge about building sustainable, smart & livable cities. Through professional education and capability development it purposes to create expertise for urban development. The school envisages to preparing sector- ready city managers increasingly needed by urban development and planning organizations, urban local bodies, consulting organizations working with state, national and local authorities, and businesses involved in urban development. The planning and management of livable, sustainable and smart cities have large-scale public and environmental implications and require sector-specific expertise to ensure appropriate citizen-centric, just and ecologically sustainable development.
School of Commerce (XSOC) aims at preparing highly skilled and talented commerce, business and finance professionals, who can contribute to the growth of the economy through advanced knowledge and skills while evaluating and analyzing the complexities of businesses and other financial institutions.
School of Communications (XCOMM), a state-of-the-art high-quality media school, aims at training the students for the media industry on professional lines. The School houses professional audio studio that uses Studio Pro with Presonus, with online video production facilities.
School of Economics (XSE) is committed towards providing high quality of teaching and research in the field of Economics. The school aims to provide its students with advanced technical and entrepreneur skills.
School of Computer Science & Engineering (XCSE) is envisioned as a unique school that will leverage the high-quality business programs of Xavier University and emphasize sound computer science fundamentals, coding, research, innovation, entrepreneurship and start-ups. XCOMP will focus on innovations in Computer science as they play an important role in most of the emerging technologies.
Xavier Law School (XLS) was established in 2018 to educate, train and develop preciously talented young persons to socially responsible law professionals. The school equipped with digitally enable modern Moot Court Hall and e-Pathsala imbibes academic excellence through rigorous teaching, scholarly research and innovative application of knowledge.
School of Government and Public Affairs (SPGA) was established in 2019 with a three-fold Vision i.e. to build a knowledge hub on Governance, Policy Research and Analysis, and inspiring Transformative Leadership, to Create Innovation Platforms in Public Sectors, in Government, and Social Sectors and build Tomorrow’s Leadership and be the light for the world. The school aims to bring global standards of education in public policy studies to the country.
The University has partnered with Emlyon Business School, France to create XAVIER-EMLYON Business School (XEBS). It also proposes to set up other schools in areas like Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Education and Corporate Governance.
Different schools of this university offer varied undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. All these courses have acquired respective accreditations - Registered under UGC, Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Member of Jesuit Higher Education Association of South Asia (JHEASA), Member of the Global Jesuit Higher Education Network, Member of International Association of Jesuit Business School (IAJBS), CRISIL GRADING NATIONAL A, Accredited by NBA (applied for renewal), and Accredited by SAQS (applied for renewal).
|Course Name||Duration||Course Fee||Exams Accepted|
|Master of Business Administration – Business Management (MBA-BM) (XIMB)||2 years||18.9 lakh||XAT, CAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
|Master of Business Administration – Human Resource Management (MBA-HRM) (XAHR)||2 years||18.5 lakh||XAT, CAT, NMAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
|Master of Business Administration – Rural Management (MBA-RM) (XSRM)||2 years||13.8 lakh||XAT, CAT, NMAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
|Master of Business Administration – Sustainability Management (MBA-SM) (XSOS)||2 years||13.8 lakh||XAT, CAT, NMAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
|Master of Business Administration – Urban Management (MBA-UMG) (XAHS)||2 years||13.8 lakh||XAT, CAT, NMAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
|Master of Business Finance (MBF) (XSOC)||2 years||12.5 lakh||XAT, CAT, NMAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
|Executive Master of Business Administration – Business (EMBA-BM) (XIMB)||1 year||15.2 lakh||XAT, CAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
The following are the postgraduate programs offered by the university:
- MBA-BM: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Business Management
- EMBA-BM: One Year Full-Time Master Program in Business Management for Executives
- MBA-HRM: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Human Resource Management
- MBA-RM: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Rural Management
- MBA-SM: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Sustainability Management
- MBA-UMG: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Urban Management & Governance
- MBF: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Business Finance
XUB ADMISSION 2020
XUB Admission process is quite simple wherein the aspirants need to meet certain eligibility criteria for applying to respective courses. For MBA admissions, eligible candidates have to give admission test, fill in the online and undergo the selection process that often involves Writing Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
For admission to MBA programs:
- Eligible candidates have to fill an application form online on the official website. This needs to be done in addition to registering for Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) or Common Admission Test (CAT) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Candidates can also opt for or Xavier General Management Aptitude Test (X-GMT).
- Foremost, they have to fill the login details after which they will receive a unique XUB login ID and password by Email for all future correspondences.
- Thereafter, candidates need to fill in all the required details, such as academic credentials, personal information, photograph, etc.
- Pay application fees.
- The last date for filling the application form for MBA courses is December 09, 2020
One can use a single form for applying to multiple programs of Xavier College. Upon successfully filling up the form and paying the fee, candidates receive a confirmation Email from XUB Bhubaneswar.X-GMT: X-GMT (Xavier General Management Aptitude Test) is the online admission test for all the MBA programs (Business Management, Human Resource Management, Rural Management, Sustainability Management and Urban Management & Governance) and Executive MBA programs (Business Management and Business Analytics). This test is conducted by XUB at different locations viz. Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi. One can apply for X-GMT by opting for the program(s) through X-GMT test option in the Academic Program Details section of the online application form for admission to various programs of the University. The X-GMT test is a multiple-choice type online aptitude test. It consists of four sections: Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, General Awareness and Emotional Quotient. X-GMT 2021 has been scheduled to be held on Sunday, January 31, 2021.
XUB Placements for MBA students - Xuberance - is organized every year for its students to garner leading roles in top companies across different sectors, such as Consulting, FMCG, IT, Manufacturing, Banks, etc. Xuberance’19 witnessed 100% placement of its 31st MBA batch, comprising of 350 students.
104 companies, including 54 new recruiters, visited the campus for 2019 placements.
Some of the prominent recruiters were Deloitte, Cognizant Business Consulting, PwC, KPMG, Brillio, Capgemini, Accenture, TCS, Tiger Analytics, Mindtree, CRISIL, ICICI, HSBC, RBS, HDFC, Tresvista, Anand Rathi, Motilal Oswal, L&T Financial Services, IndiaMART, Lenskart, SMG Convonix, Times OOH, HP, HCL, PCBL, GMR, Intellect Design, Click Labs, Godrej, Titan, Nestle, Emami, Wildcraft, Tata Steel, Maruti Suzuki, Nissan, Hero MotoCorp, Tata Metaliks, IBM, Salesforce, Accenture, TCS, etc.
Highest Salary: INR 24.50 Lacs p.a. (an increase from INR 23.50 Lacs p.a. in 2018)
Average Salary: INR 14.31 Lacs p.a. (an increase from INR 12.91 Lacs p.a. in 2018)
Median Salary: INR 14.16 Lacs p.a. (an increase from 12.76 Lacs p.a. in 2018)
Pre-Placement Offers: Around 47 students received PPOs from their summer internship organizations (an increase from 45 in 2018)
Top Recruiters: Brillio, Godrej, ICICI Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, HCL Technologies, Wipro, IBM, etc.
The university has two campuses - Xavier City Campus and Management Institute Campus – that collectively spread across 55 acres.
Both these campuses boast of state-of-the-art facilities that facilitate the nurturing of future-ready managers and entrepreneurs. Some of the key highlights of the campus of Xavier Institute of Management and Research are:
- World-class Classroom Complex
- Media Lab
- Management Development Centre
- Residential Complex
- Sports & Fitness Complex
- Campus Cloud & Data Centre
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar has been ranked 10th among Top 50 Private State Universities in India by the Outlook ICARE University Ranking 2020.
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar has been honoured with Four Palmes Global Award by Eduniversal Convention at Bangkok, Thailand in 2019 for the third time in a row for outstanding academic excellence and internationalization in management education and research.
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar has again been awarded Eduniversal Masters Ranking 2019 as -India’s Best MBA-BM Program (XIMB), India’s 2nd Best MBA-HRM Program (XAHR), India’s 2nd Best MBA-RM Program (XSRM), India’s Best MBA-SM Program (XSoS), and India’s 3rd Best Executive MBA-BM Program (XIMB).
- The Faculty of Management, Xavier University Bhubaneswar is SAQS accredited by AMDISA in recognition of commitment to quality and quality assurance through continuous improvement.
- Xavier University has been rated A +++ in India B-School Survey in the Chronicle B-School Survey 2019.
- XIMB, Xavier University Bhubaneswar has been ranked 4th among top 50 B-Schools in the Chronicles B-School Survey 2019.
- Rural Management Program of XSRM, Xavier University Bhubaneswar has been ranked 1st among colleges offering sector specific programs in the Chronicle B-School Survey 2019.
- XIMB, Xavier University Bhubaneswar has been ranked 6th among India’s Top 100 Private B-Schools in the Week-Hansa Research Best B-School Survey 2019.
- XIMB, Xavier University Bhubaneswar has been ranked 6th amongst the Top 100 Private B – Schools in the Week Survey 2019.
- XIMB, Xavier University Bhubaneswar has been ranked 6th amongst the Top Private B-Schools of Supreme B – Schools CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2019.
- XIMB, Xavier University Bhubaneswar has been ranked 10th among All India Private B-Schools in the IT-MDRA B-School Ranking 2019.
Q. Are XUB and XIMB the same?
A. No, latter is a premier B-school, which is a part of the former university that comprises 12 schools in total.
Q. How many MBA courses does Xavier offer?
A. Xavier offers four MBA programs – MBA-Business Management, MBA-Global, Executive MBA- Business Management and Executive MBA-Business Analytics.
Q. When is the last date for applying for MBA programs?
A. The last date for applying online for management courses is December 9, 2019.
Q. I am in the final year of my undergraduate course, can I apply for the MBA course at Xavier?
A. Yes. But you need to complete the final part of your degree course by June 15, 2020.
Q. How do I apply for the master courses?
A. You need to fill the online application form available on the official website. Make sure you check the eligibility criteria first.
Q. Can I apply for more than one program?
A. Yes, you can apply for multiple programs and/or apply through multiple tests by using a single application form.
Q. I am applying for the MBA program, do I need to pass Xavier Research Aptitude Test - RAT?
A. No. X-RAT is Xavier Research Aptitude Test is for candidates applying for the doctoral program.
Q. What is X-GMT?
A. X-GMT is Xavier General Management Aptitude Test, which is organized for MBA, Executive MBA, and MBF programs.
Q. How much is the application fee?
A. The application fee is INR 1600. If you opt for multiple courses, then you pay INR 800 for each additional option. In case you choose X-GMT, then extra INR 1200 needs to be paid.
Q. When is the cut off announced?
A. The cut-offs are announced in the first week of February.
Q. What was the XUB average package this year?
A. The average salary offered during 2019 placement was INR 14.31 Lacs p.a.
XUB BHUBANESWAR ADDRESS
Xavier City Campus
Plot No. 12(A), Nijigada, Kurki
Xavier Square, Jaydev Vihar
XUB Contact Number for Admission Enquiry: +91-674-2377806, +91-674-2377878