Xavier University, (XUB) Bhubaneswar Overview
Xavier University Bhubaneswar is a globally recognized center of learning. This first Jesuit university in India came into existence in June 2013 after getting authorized by Odisha Legislative Assembly that passed an act.
This premier institute inherits the legacy of Xavier Management Institute, which was established in October 1987, and has carved a niche for itself among top B-schools in India.
Xavier University (XUB) offers numerous Doctoral, Masters and Undergraduate courses in the field of Business Management, Human Resource Management, Rural Management, Sustainability Management, Commerce, and Communications.
The university has two campuses in Bhubaneswar – Xavier City Campus and Management School Campus – that collectively spread across 55 acres of land and comprises the following twelve schools:
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
- Xavier School of Rural Management (XSRM)
- Xavier School of Human Resource Management (XAHR)
- Xavier School of Human Settlement (XAHS)
- Xavier School of Sustainability (XSOS)
- Xavier School of Computer Science and Engineering (XCOMP)
- Xavier School of Communications (XCOMM)
- Xavier School of Economics (XSE)
- Xavier School of Commerce (XSC)
- Xavier School of Law (XLS)
- Xavier EMLYON Business School (XEBS)
- School of Government and Public Affairs (SGPA)
Xavier University (XUB) has been acknowledged worldwide as one of the best business universities in India. Along with imparting management education, this B-school also provides socio-economic development projects to its students, in partnership with the government as well as international bodies.
MBA here helps in the holistic development of its students, making them future-ready managers and entrepreneurs, adding to the pool of intellectual resources of the country.
Different schools of this university offer varied undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. All these courses have acquired respective accreditations - Registered under UGC, Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Member of Jesuit Higher Education Association of South Asia (JHEASA), Member of the Global Jesuit Higher Education Network, Member of International Association of Jesuit Business School (IAJBS), CRISIL GRADING NATIONAL A, Accredited by NBA (applied for renewal), and Accredited by SAQS (applied for renewal).
|Course Name||Duration||Course Fee||Exams Accepted|
|Master of Business Administration – Human Resource Management (MBA-HRM)||2 years||20.1 lakh||XAT, CAT, NMAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
|Master of Business Administration – Rural Management (MBA-RM)||2 years||15.5 lakh||XAT, CAT, NMAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
|Master of Business Administration – Sustainability Management (MBA-SM)||2 years||15.4 lakh||XAT, CAT, NMAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
|Master of Business Administration – Urban Management (MBA-UMG)||2 years||15.4 lakh||XAT, CAT, NMAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
|Master of Business Finance (MBF)||2 years||14.1 lakh||XAT, CAT, NMAT, GMAT, X-GMT|
The following are the postgraduate programs offered by the university:
- MBA-BM: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Business Management.
- MBA (Global) - International Program: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Collaboration with Foreign Universities.
- EMBA-BM: One Year Full-Time Master Program in Business Management for Executives.
- EMBA-Business Analytics: One Year Full-Time Master Program in Business Analytics for Executives.
- MBA-HRM: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Human Resource Management.
- ECHR: One-Year Postgraduate Program in Human Resource Management for Working Executives.
- MBA-RM: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Rural Management.
- MBA-SM: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Sustainability Management.
- MPP: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Public Policy (with concentration in business).
- MBA-UMG: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Urban Management & Governance.
- MURP: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Urban & Regional Planning.
- MBF: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Business Finance.
- MTech-DSA: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Data Science & Analytics.
- MTech-AI: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Artificial Intelligence.
- MA-MC: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Mass Communication.
- MA-ADV & PR: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Advertising & Public Relations.
- MSc-Economics: Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Economics.
- Global MBA (MBA - Track): Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Global MBA.
- Global MBA (MSc - Track): Two-Year Full-Time Master Program in Global MBA.
XUB MBA fees differ from one course to another offered by Xaviers University, for example, the total course fee for MBA-BM and MBA-HRM is around 20 lacs, while MBA-RM, MBA-UMG, and MBA-SM fee amount is around 15 lacs.
EMBA-BM and EMBA-BA course fees are nearly 18.4 lacs, and that of MBF is around 14 lacs. All the above-mentioned fees are excluding residence expenses and are subject to change. The final fee is confirmed at the time of admission and is mentioned in the offer letter.
XUB ADMISSION 2019
XUB Admission process is quite simple wherein the aspirants need to meet certain eligibility criteria for applying to respective courses. For MBA admissions, eligible candidates have to give admission test, fill in the online and undergo the selection process that often involves Writing Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
For admission to MBA programs:
- Eligible candidates have to fill an application form online on the official website. This needs to be done in addition to registering for Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) or Common Admission Test (CAT) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), which however is not a pre-requisite for candidates applying for ECHR. Candidates can also opt for or Xavier General Management Aptitude Test (X-GMT).
- Foremost, they have to fill the login details after which they will receive a unique XUB login ID and password by Email for all future correspondences.
- Thereafter, candidates need to fill in all the required details, such as academic credentials, personal information, photograph, etc.
- Pay application fees.
- The last date for filling the application form for MBA courses is December 09, 2019, except for ECHR - May 31, 2020.
One can use a single form for applying to multiple programs of Xavier College. Upon successfully filling up the form and paying the fee, candidates receive a confirmation Email from XUB Bhubaneswar.
MBA ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION PROCESS
The flagship B-school strives to deliver quality management education to aspirants from across the world so that they become competent, compassionate and value-based leaders at the end of their respective courses.
For pursuing an MBA course at Xavier Management College, candidates must ascertain that they meet the eligibility criteria before filling the online application form. Shortlisted candidates then have to undergo WAT, GD & PI, based on which the final selection is done.
Eligibility & Selection Process for MBA-BM:
- Must have a three-year Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Minimum 55% marks in aggregate in undergraduate course done from a recognized college or university.
- Those completing their undergraduate exams by June 15, 2020, can also apply, though their admission will be provisional and subject to completion of their degree as on June 15, 2020.
- Those not opting for X-GMT, need to apply for at least XAT or CAT or GMAT for applying to Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship. Registering for XAT/CAT/GMAT is a prerequisite for applying to this management program. The admission form for this program is available online on the official website.
- Based on XAT/CAT/GMAT/X-GMT scores, shortlisted candidates are called for Group Discussion, Writing Ability Test and Personal Interview. Final selection is based on their performance in these rounds as well as academic record and work experience.
Eligibility & Selection Process for MBA (Global):
- Should possess a three-year Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Should have scored a minimum 55% marks in aggregate in undergraduate course done from a recognized university.
- Those completing their undergraduate exams by June 15, 2020, can also apply, though their admission will be provisional and subject to completion of their degree before June 15, 2020.
- Since this course is offered in collaboration with foreign universities, candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the respective foreign institution as well. Click on the following links to know about the eligibility criteria of the partnering foreign universities:
- Boler School of Business, John Carroll University, Ohio, USA http://boler.jcu.edu/graduate/graduate-admissions
- Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University, Chicago, USA http://www.luc.edu
- Gabelli School of Business, Fordham University, New York https://www.fordham.edu/info/20484/graduate_admissions
- Antwerp Management School, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium https://www.antwerpmanagementschool.be/
- University of Antwerp, Belgium https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/education
- Maastricht School of Management, Maastricht, Netherlands https://www.msm.nl/
- IQS School of Management, Barcelona, Spain https://www.iqs.edu/en
- The Manhattan Institute of Management, New York http://www.mimusa.edu/
- Those not opting for X-GMT, need to register and apply for XAT/CAT/GMAT as it’s a prerequisite for applying to this program.
- Final selection is based on the XAT/CAT/GMAT/X-GMT score, past academic performance, recommendations, and personal interview.
Selected candidates are required to be ready with visas and other travel documents before the due date as they need to go abroad to the partnering institute for their first year of this course. The second/final year is done at the Bhubaneswar campus.
Eligibility & Selection Process for Executive MBA-BM:
- Candidates must have a minimum 3-year Bachelor’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in public or private or non-governmental organizations in the capacity of an executive. OR Minimum 5 years of experience after graduation for self-employed applicants.
- Need to produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) or sponsorship certificate from the employer for pursuing Xavier Executive MBA-BM.
- Must have completed 23 years of age on July 1, 2020.
- Need to register and apply for XAT or X-GMT or CAT or GMAT admission tests as it’s a prerequisite for filling the application form online.
- Based on these admission tests, candidates are shortlisted and called for GD, WAT, and PI. Depending upon their performance in these rounds as well as their academic performance and work experience, selected candidates are granted admission to the Executive MBA-BM program.
This one-year executive program for working professionals has 4 semesters and is as rigorous as any 2-year-course.
Eligibility & Selection Process for Executive MBA-Business Analytics:
- Minimum 3-year Bachelor’s degree in Science (BSc), OR 4-year Engineering Degree (BTech/BE), OR 5-year dual/integrated degree in Engineering and Technology with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the capacity of an executive in public or private or non-governmental organization, OR Minimum 5 years of experience after graduation for self-employed applicants.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) or sponsorship certificate from the employer.
- Must be at least 23 years of age on July 1, 2020.
- Fill the admission form online on the official website, and before this, they need to apply for X-GMT or XAT or CAT or GMAT admission tests.
- Depending upon XAT/CAT/GMAT/X-GMT scores, candidates are shortlisted and called for GD-PI and WAT. Based on these parameters final selection is done, for which their past academic credentials and work experience are also taken into consideration.
This 1-year course is quite rigorous and comprises four terms that strive to make them future-ready managers and entrepreneurs.
Similar to management school, the other 11 schools of the university also have their own set of eligibility criteria and selection processes for respective courses. So, aspirants should check these important parameters on the official website before applying for any program at Xavier University.
XUB Placements for MBA students - Xuberance - is organized every year for its students to garner leading roles in top companies across different sectors, such as Consulting, FMCG, IT, Manufacturing, Banks, etc. Xuberance’19 witnessed 100% placement of its 31st MBA batch, comprising of 350 students. 104 companies, including 54 new recruiters, visited the campus for 2019 placements. Some of the prominent recruiters were Deloitte, Cognizant Business Consulting, PwC, KPMG, Brillio, Capgemini, Accenture, TCS, Tiger Analytics, Mindtree, CRISIL, ICICI, HSBC, RBS, HDFC, Tresvista, Anand Rathi, Motilal Oswal, L&T Financial Services, IndiaMART, Lenskart, SMG Convonix, Times OOH, HP, HCL, PCBL, GMR, Intellect Design, Click Labs, Godrej, Titan, Nestle, Emami, Wildcraft, Tata Steel, Maruti Suzuki, Nissan, Hero MotoCorp, Tata Metaliks, IBM, Salesforce, Accenture, TCS, etc.
Highest Salary: INR 24.50 Lacs p.a. (an increase from INR 23.50 Lacs p.a. in 2018)
Average Salary: INR 14.31 Lacs p.a. (an increase from INR 12.91 Lacs p.a. in 2018)
Median Salary: INR 14.16 Lacs p.a. (an increase from 12.76 Lacs p.a. in 2018)
Pre-Placement Offers: Around 47 students received PPOs from their summer internship organizations (an increase from 45 in 2018)
Top Recruiters: Brillio, Godrej, ICICI Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, HCL Technologies, Wipro, IBM, etc.
- Consulting - 29% - Highest Salary: 21.24 LPA – Average Salary: 16.19 LPA
- Systems - 28% - Highest Salary: 15.50 LPA – Average Salary: 13.57 LPA
- Marketing - 21% - Highest Salary: 24.50 LPA – Average Salary: 13.50 LPA
- Finance - 14% - Highest Salary: 18.20 LPA – Average Salary: 14.31 LPA
- Other Sectors – 8% - Highest Salary: 16.57 LPA – Average Salary: 12.39 LPA
The university has two campuses - Xavier City Campus and Management Institute Campus – that collectively spread across 55 acres.
Both these campuses boast of state-of-the-art facilities that facilitate the nurturing of future-ready managers and entrepreneurs. Some of the key highlights of the campus of Xavier Institute of Management and Research are:
- World-class Classroom Complex
- Media Lab
- Management Development Centre
- Residential Complex
- Sports & Fitness Complex
- Campus Cloud & Data Centre
Along with acquiring academic knowledge, the students of the management institute of XUB BBSR also gain from varied cultural, sports, community, and co-curricular activities organized on campus.
There are Student Committees and International Relations Committees that along with the Director, Dean (Administration), and Dean (Academics) facilitate the smooth functioning of student activities at Xavier Institute. Several events and functions are also organized at this pioneer institute that is known for delivering quality management education.
Following are the Upcoming Events at XUB Campus:
- Athlos: 19th – October 20, 2019
- Faculty Development Program: November 8-9, 2019
- XPRESSIONS '19: November 8-10, 2019
- Immersion Course: November 15-17, 2019
- Xuberance Week: November 24-30, 2019
- Xavion: January 12, 2020
- TEDx: January 19, 2020
- Maxinations: January 31, 2020 – February 2, 2020
Q. Are XUB and XIMB the same?
A. No, latter is a premier B-school, which is a part of the former university that comprises 12 schools in total.
Q. How many MBA courses does Xavier offer?
A. Xavier offers four MBA programs – MBA-Business Management, MBA-Global, Executive MBA- Business Management and Executive MBA-Business Analytics.
Q. When is the last date for applying for MBA programs?
A. The last date for applying online for management courses is December 9, 2019.
Q. I am in the final year of my undergraduate course, can I apply for the MBA course at Xavier?
A. Yes. But you need to complete the final part of your degree course by June 15, 2020.
Q. How do I apply for the master courses?
A. You need to fill the online application form available on the official website. Make sure you check the eligibility criteria first.
Q. Can I apply for more than one program?
A. Yes, you can apply for multiple programs and/or apply through multiple tests by using a single application form.
Q. I am applying for the MBA program, do I need to pass Xavier Research Aptitude Test - RAT?
A. No. X-RAT is Xavier Research Aptitude Test is for candidates applying for the doctoral program.
Q. What is X-GMT?
A. X-GMT is Xavier General Management Aptitude Test, which is organized for MBA, Executive MBA, and MBF programs.
Q. How much is the application fee?
A. The application fee is INR 1600. If you opt for multiple courses, then you pay INR 800 for each additional option. In case you choose X-GMT, then extra INR 1200 needs to be paid.
Q. When is the cut off announced?
A. The cut-offs are announced in the first week of February.
Q. What was the XUB average package this year?
A. The average salary offered during 2019 placement was INR 14.31 Lacs p.a.
XUB BHUBANESWAR ADDRESS
Xavier City Campus
Plot No. 12(A), Nijigada, Kurki
Xavier Square, Jaydev Vihar
XUB Contact Number for Admission Enquiry: +91-674-2377806, +91-674-2377878