XAT 2019 | XLRI 2019 – Admit Card, Exam, Result

4,629 Posts  ·  16,929 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on XAT 2019 and Get all the details about XAT Exam, XAT Admit Card, XAT Registration, XAT Exam Pattern, XAT Exam Date, XAT Syllabus, XAT Result.

Stay connected with PaGaLGuY; visit https://www.pagalguy.com/xat for more details about XAT 2019 Exam.

Page 1 of 463

Does anybody has phone number to Admission's Office. The one given on the site are not working.

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
fms-fan
@fms-fan  ·  59 karma

Correct. I recd my payment recd mail within 2 hours of dtdc status showing delivered.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
fms-fan
@fms-fan  ·  59 karma

06576653203, u can try this. Only 3 persons in admission office today.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

'Meri Maggi' Please fill this small survey for understanding consumer behaviour towards instant noodles like maggi for a project we are doing for our summer internship. I would be really grateful for your help. Forms like these would be becoming a essential part of your lives as you enter MBA colleges soon :) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf0qDy0wW3HEAsmpui8uvCiqyAGxENko3qczAKumBAub85jxA/viewform

undefined
Write a comment...

Hi I've sent my DD through speed post and the speed post tracker shows that it has been delivered on the 20th. I have not received any acknowledgment from XLRI's side and neither has the received status changed on the portal. Anyone else facing the same problem and what could be done about it?

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
ankur61
@ankur61  ·  5 karma

I guess this is the correct E - Mail - ID.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
fms-fan
@fms-fan  ·  59 karma

Bro, they are prompt.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

hey can someone post last converted waitlist numbers for past few years for BM Please. Also any idea about this year fees.

batman's dad
6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
thomaswayne
@thomaswayne  ·  10 karma

@Etyagi thanks

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
fms-fan
@fms-fan  ·  59 karma

Visited admission office today, they said waitlist persons will be getting mail this week only.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

I transferred the fee  through cheque as my bank is HDFC so RTGS and NEFT was not possible. I have sent the deposit slip as proof for the transfer of payment. But my status is showing not received yet. Should I drop a mail to Admissions Office regarding the same. 

7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
ankur61
@ankur61  ·  5 karma

@ashugunner Mine post will reach by tomorrow. Should get updated tomorrow then.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
thomaswayne
@thomaswayne  ·  10 karma

@ankur61 mine got updated after a day

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Does anyone else's payment status on the website say 'Not Yet Received' despite receiving a confirmation email from the admission office confirming the successful submission of DD?

XAT 2019 - 98.795
undefined
Write a comment...

What is the last waitlist converted number for XLRI HRM. Any data regarding this with anyone for previous year?

1 comment
KillBilli
@KillBilli  ·  13 karma

204 - 2018, 300 - 2017, 250 - 2016

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Guys, I have received many messages about the choice between IIM L & XLRI (even when results for L are not declared yet :p). See if you are interested in HR then go for XLRI any day, however for other specialization IIM L would be a better choice always. 

People might say to you that with ~400 odd students the competition is more in IIM L but trust me the competition is much more in XLRI (because of the absence of quota and more focus on the overall personality of the candidate for shortlisting, all students are of top quality). Unless you have stellar academics, great work ex profile along with extra-curricular activities or national level awards in your CV, then you will have a good chance in XLRI otherwise go for IIM L. Without any of those you wont even make it to the shortlisting list of the top companies during the summer placements at XLRI. You can even confirm about the cut throat competition in XLRI with the current batch students. Outperforming people at XLRI to get the best of the jobs is not an easy task

Besides most of the companies for consulting, product manager & general manager profiles are open for both BM & HR in XLRI (~360 students), so competition for these roles is way more in XLRI then IIM L and as for Finance IIM L is any date better than XLRI.

So, don’t take your decision based on the polls, think thoroughly and be honest & practical in assessing your profile on the above points. And yes IIM tag matters, you will know once you pass out of the college!!

More
3 likes15 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 15
hathiappa
@hathiappa  ·  2,226 karma

IMO , XL and L both has similar kind of crowd. L is not that bad. Infact after ABC, L~FMS~XL (BM) . XLRI has better alumni base. L comes with IIM tag. Culture is bit chill at XL. Penalties are higher at L. L has slightly better location compared to XL. Both are MBB campus. Psychologically ,it is tough to surrender IIM tag and go into XL. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
dungeon_mster
@dungeon_mster  ·  62 karma

@hathiappa Exactly my point. Both institutes are almost equivalent, its just how important an IIM tag is for you!

Also as per my knowledge, academically both are rigorous, not sure about the penalties.

About the CTC, I dont think IIM L releases its placement report and even if it does, its batch size is ~450, almost double of XLRI BM so the average would be slightly less as compared to XLRI

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Its result time and many of you must be going through the same dilemma, which college I should go for, which one should I leave. Below here I will try to answer few of those questions 

1) IIMs (excluding A, B & C) vs XLRI -> I see many of the post where people say IIM K, L better than XLRI BM or vice versa. There is no hard & fast answer to this, however it depends on a lot of factors

· Placement: Since XLRI has small batch size as compared to IIMs, they have an edge in overall placements. However, one should note that all companies that visits XLRI do visit IIM L, I & K as well. Even there are some companies that visits only IIM L & K but doesn’t visit XLRI. The batch size of ~400 odd students does impact the overall placement for IIMs. However, one should note that the competition is much more in XLRI as compared to IIM, since XLRI doesn’t have reservation and also the fact that it gives less weightage to percentile for selection so one is competing with the best minds of the country. One can confirm the same with the current XL students about the cut throat competition they have. 

· Faculty: The faculty of IIMs and XLRI doesn’t have big difference. Each institute has some of the great professors of the country. However, the number of visiting faculties at IIMs are more as compare to XLRI. Note: If one is interested in HR, then there is no comparison for XLRI. It is on par with all the IIMs when it comes to HR

· Industry Reputation: When it comes to brand, be it XL or IIM K, L, I each have their own brand name. However, IIMs do get an edge because of the IIM tag and trust me it matters a lot. However, it doesn’t mean that XL doesn’t have a brand name, it’s just an IIM tag fetches you more opportunities 

· Campus: IIM K has the best campus out of these 4 colleges. After that it will be IIM L and then XLRI & IIM Indore

· Fees: IIMs get the advantage here over XLRI. IIM K, L, I fees is in the range of 16-17. However, the fees for XL is ~25 lacs

· Academically the course curriculum at XLRI, IIM L is way more rigorous as compare to IIM K and I.

· As far as specialization is concern, for Finance go for IIM L, for marketing IIM K or L, for HR & operations go for XLRI, for consulting IIM L or XLRI

So consider all these points while making your decision

2) IIMs vs MDI -> Since I have already laid down the points for IIMs, I will only write about MDI for each of those criteria

· Placements: Since MDI has small batch size (~240) the placements are there more or less equal to IIMs and XLRI. In the past few years most of the companies which were only coming to IIMs or were having pool campus placements have started to come to MDI as well.

· Faculty: Again, there is no big difference in the faculty of MDI & IIMs and MDI has some very good professors of the country

· Industry Reputation: As far as brand name is considered IIMs clearly have an edge over MDI (cuz of the IIM tag), however one should also note that it is one of the college which has always been in the top 10 ranking of the B schools of the country. In fact many companies offers same profile to the MDI as well as IIM C students. When it comes to marketing, MDI way ahead of IIM K, I

·  Campus: Being located in the corporate hub of the country, you cannot ask for anything better (Only campus with a golf course :p) 

· Fees: Fees is same as IIMs (more than L ) but less than XLRI

· As far as specialization is considered for marketing MDI is the best after FMS

So make an informed decision after considering the above points. Also, you will not find anyone studying in the above colleges who will say that the other college is better than his/her college (except for A, B & C)

PS : Since I have friends from each of these colleges so I had a good idea about each of them. Also, in my organization I have many people from these colleges and once you are out of your college, your college name (brand) becomes secondary to how you perform at your workplace. Few people in my organization who are at the top are not even from the top 10 B school of the country, yet they are there because of their exemplary performance.

PPS: I have not included IIM A, B, C and FMS in the above comparison for obvious reasons :p

One more thing, no matter which college you choose from the above, you will never regret your decision!!

All the best!!  

More
1 like24 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 24
ayushmanit1050
@ayushmanit1050  ·  26 karma

I read it again, this is not GDs dude, you shouldn't GAS/GLOBE/FAF around.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
dungeon_mster
@dungeon_mster  ·  62 karma

Okay!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Hi guys, I have sent my DD courier on 15th of April from Trichy, but it has still not reached Jamshedpur. Any suggestions on what could be done? I'm really nervous thinking about what if it doesn't reach on time.

8 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 8
aish08
@aish08  ·  1 karma

@Suba229 After how much hours/days did they reply?I sent a mail yesterday noon and haven't got any reply yet.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Suba229
@Suba229  ·  2 karma

@aish08 I got reply on the same day , but I suggest you check on Monday.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...