MBA and PGDM are lookalike degrees. Although MBA has its authenticity as a degree but at the same time PGDM is equivalent to a MBA degree and it saves a lot of time, simultaneously. But in MBA, the lessons are vast and with extra knowledge while PGDM is restricted.
In any way what you want to pursue completely should depend on your capability of coping up. But if you are in quest of colleges in Mumbai that can provide you with the best courses in both MBA/PGDM, here is a list of the best colleges in Mumbai –
The following represent the institutes for both MBA / PGDM in Mumbai
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (KJ SIMSR) – KJ SIMSR is an autonomous business institute. It has the best faculty for both MBA/PGDM providing specializations in Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Analytics in a 2 year programme. The institute has great placement facilities. The regular recruiters are mainly Airtel, Amazon, Barclays Bank, Dell, Deutsche Bank, Bisleri etc. The highest salary offered at the time of placement went up to 28 LPA while the average was 10 LPA. Great leaders of today also belong to this institute as its alumni like Anuj Bhargava, CEO of AB Associates, Saru Kaushal, Country Business Head at American Express.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for 2020-2022 KJ SOMAIYA-SIMSR PGDM Admissions
- NMIMS University, Navi Mumbai – One the most reputed colleges in Mumbai, NMIMS is mostly famous for its MBA/PGDM course providing a two year programme with specialization offered in Marketing/ Finance/ Operations cum Supply Chain Management, Dual specialization in the three areas. The institute gives great opportunities to its students so that they can show their potential through the means of live projects, competitions, summer internships and placements too. This campus has an amazing placement history with regular recruiters like, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Clevertape etc.
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research – Highly reputed SPJIMR offers a full time 2 year residential PGDM programme with specialization in Finance, Information Management, Marketing, Operations and Supply Moreover, the institute also provides internships to the students at the end of the 3rd semester.
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center – This institute is located in Powai, Mumbai, is a well diversified campus. It provides a 22 month, full time programme providing specialization in Banking and Finance, Retail Management, Sales Management, Business Analytics. It also provides students with internships to offer them a needed real time experience at work. The campus also has an amazing 100% placement record. The regular recruiters are ICICI Prudential, ICICI Securities, Hindustan Unilever, TATA Communications.
- Welingkar Institute of Management –This institute is located in Matunga West is known for its PGDM programme which is equivalent to MBA degree. It provides a 2 year full time programme with specialization in Marketing, Human Resources, Finance and Operations. Internships offered to this campus were from companies like TATA Power and TATA Salt. The placements of this institute are quite static with the highest salary offered as 18 LPA and average as 10 LPA. Regular recruiters are usually HP, Colgate-Palmolive, Casio, and Nokia.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for Welingkar PGDM Mumbai Admissions 2020-22
- Mumbai Educational Trust (MET) – Located at Bandra, MET has a number institute under it. It has ranked 13th at the Times Best Colleges in Maharashtra 2020. MET provides both MBA/PGDM courses. A 3 year part time programme is provided with specialization in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Operations, System etc. The campus has good placement performance with the highest salary offered is of 15.5 LPA while the average was of 7.5 LPA. Regular Recruiters are Mahindra, Bajaj Alliance. Also, the much known bollywood actor, John Abraham is an alumnus of MET.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for MET Mumbai PGDM Admissions Query Thread 2020-2022
- Chetna Institute of Management and Research – This institute provides a two year full time PGDM programme with specialization in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Operations, and Systems. 100% assistance is provided to the students in terms of internships and placements. The placement performance is also good. The salary package amounts 5-8 LPA. Regular recruiters are companies like HDFC Ltd, ICICI Prudential, and ITC etc.
- SIES College of Management Studies – SIESCOM is located at Nerul in Navi Mumbai, is affiliated to Mumbai University. It is among the 100 best colleges for business and management in India. One of its main programmes is both MBA/PGDM. It provides a two year full time programme concentrating on Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Marketing Management etc. The placements are also great. The highest salary package offered was 17.5 LPA while the lowest was 6.8 LPA. Regular recruiters are American Express, Axis Bank, Blue Star, and Birla Mutant Fund etc.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for SIES College of Management Studies 2020-22 Admissions Query Thread
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai – This institute provides both MBA/PGDM. For PGDM it offers specialization in Marketing, Business Analytics, Retail Marketing, Finance, Digital Marketing, etc. For MBA, the institute provides specialization courses in marketing, human resource and finance. The campus has good placement records, highest salary being offered as 13LPA while lowest salary offered as 3.5 LPA. Companies providing recruitment from this institute are Godrej, Nestle, and ITC etc.
- Athena School of Management – Located at Powai, Mumbai, Athena provides a 2 year full time PGDM programme offering specialization in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, IT & Operations. Also, the college provides a 7-8 months internship to its students. The placement rate of this college has been 100% with the highest salary package offered being 14.5 LPA while the average being 6.5 LPA. Regular recruiters are companies like Ginger, TATA groups, 99acres, Vodafone, ITC, and ICICI etc.
So, these were the names of the best colleges in Mumbai that can provide you with the best of MBA/PGDM pursuing experience.