In order to know about the colleges for MBA and PGDM in Pune we need to understand the difference between the two mentioned courses. MBA stands for Master’s in business administration, while PGDM is Post graduate Diploma in Management.
The sole difference between them is that at the end of PGDM the student is offered a diploma certificate while after completing MBA a degree is offered. But the main aim of both the courses is to equip a person who wants to enter the field of management.
It is needless to say that India has too many institutes for pursuing these two courses. One of the best ones is there in Pune. You can locate some of them here.
Here are some of the institutes in Pune that will provide with both MBA/PGDM courses –
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management [SIBM] –SIBM, provides both PGDM/MBA courses. For MBA, the institute provides a full time 2 year programme giving the options to specialize in Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The institute also provides a two year residential MBA programme in Leadership and Strategy. For PGDM or fast track MBA, it is a 15 months management programme providing specialization in Marketing, Human Resource or Finance unlike other colleges that provide only Executive PGDM.
- Indira Institute of Management, Pune – IIMP provides a full time 2 year MBA programme with specialization in Marketing, Financial, Computer, Production and Materials Management, HR Management, Operations and Supply Chain Management & Business Analytics. For PGDM also the institute provides a 2 year full time programme with specialization in Marketing and Finance. The programme is provided in two shifts and also offers internships!
- Sri Balaji University ( Sri Balaji Society) – This society has a number of management institutes and is recognized hugely in all over India. It was ranked 3rd in the Times B School 2020. The university provides a 2 year programme in MBA / PGDM in its core course which involves streams like Finance, International Business, Telecom Management, Marketing Management, Telecom and Marketing, Project Management and Human Resource Development, Marketing and Finance. The placement of this university takes shape in well known companies like Dell, ITC, Cognizant, Amazon India, Indus towers etc.
- FLAME University – The FLAME University in PUNE, is a very recognized institute for both MBA/PGDM. This institute provides a variety of courses for both the disciplines. It offers a core foundation in finance, operations, marketing, human resources, economics, statistics and accounting. Also it provides specialization in Finance, Marketing, Human Resources Management, Entrepreneurship and Operations. There is more in the box, as the university also provides summer internships to its students, which inculcates beautifully into real world responsibilities The institute also has excellent placements.
- National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM) – Known as the Mecca of Bank and Finance, NIBM is an autonomous APEX Institute which was established by the Reserve Bank of India and Banks. This institute has a great core curriculum for PGDM. It also provides summer internships. The institute has great placements in the most renowned companies like Axis Bank, Yes Bank, Federal Bank, Yes Bank, ICICI BANK, Wipro etc. In fact, in the previous years the highest salary was rooted to 22 LPA while the lowest was 6 L.PA.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for National Institute of Bank Management [NIBM] PGDM Admission 2020-2022
- National Insurance Academy (NIA) – NIA was founded by the Finance Government of India. With a 2 year residential programme, this institute provides core courses in Human Resource, Finance, Marketing, Information Technology etc. It also gives an 8 week internship in combination with public sector and private multinational insurance companies along with leading brokers and renowned IT companies. Talking about the regular recruiters at the hour of placement then the list includes companies like SBI Life, SBI General, Bajaj Allianz GIC, Hlobal insurance brokers, etc.
- Institute of Management Development and Research (IMDR) – IMDR in Pune, is affiliated to Pune University. It offers a PGDM course which is equivalent to a MBA course. It provides specialization in six subjects that include Marketing, Finance, System, Operations, International Trade, and Human Resources. The placements take place in sectors like banking and financial services, consultancy and software, manufacturing, shipping and logistics. Regular recruiters at the hour of placements are big companies like, TATA, BAJAJ, Godrej and Boyce, Kotak Bank, Future Group etc.
To know more about the admission process join [Official] IMDR, Pune Admissions 2020-2022 Queries
- Pune Institute of Business Management – Affiliated to the University of Pune, PIBM, provides a 2 year full time MBA programme with specialization offered in Marketing Management, Financial Management, Human Resources Management Operations & Supply Chain Management, Business Analytics. For PGDM, also it is a 2 year full time management programme providing specialization in Finance, Human Resource, Marketing, Business Analytics, Operation or Information Technology.
- International School of Business and Media – One of the top colleges in India, best for PGDM courses, ISB&M provides a two year full time management programme in PGDM, offering specialization in Finance Management, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain and Operations, Media and Management and Insurance and Risk Management. For MBA also a 2 year full time course is provided offering specialization in Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Financial Management, Entrepreneurship ,Operation Management, Product Management or Brand Management etc.
To know more about ISB&M join, [Official] 2020-22 ISB&M Nande – Admission Queries
These were one of the best institutes in Pune, that provide a flamboyant experience of pursuing MBA/PGDM courses. The best part about these colleges is their internships and placements. One should definitely check these out when it comes to pursuing the highly demanded degrees like MBA/PGDM.