XIM University formerly known as Xavier University (XUB) is rated A +++ in India's B-School Survey and ranked 4th among the top 50 B-Schools. The university provides education in the discipline of Management, Human Resource Management, Rural Management, Commerce, Sustainability, Communications, Economics, Computer Science and Engineering, Law and many more. The courses offered by XIM University are B.Sc, B.Com, BBM, BBA-LLB, BA-LLB, BA-LLB, B.Sc (Hons.), B.Tech CSE, MBA, EMBA, MURP, MBF, MA Mass Communication, Master in Public Policy and Governance, M.Tech in CSE.
Admission to all these courses is offered based on the National Level Entrance or Entrance Exam conducted by XIM University. Further, the application form for the Undergraduate courses of XIM University is usually available in the month of August-September whereas, for admission to MBA courses, the university releases the application form in January.
XIM University Highlights
|Established | University Type
||2013 | State Private University
||University Grants Commission (UGC)
||NBA | SAQS | AACSB
National: CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ NMAT
University: XRAT/ XEEE/ XGMT
||UG, PG & Ph.D
|Application Mode | Fees
||Online | INR 1,600 & INR 400
||HCL Technologies, Wipro, IBM, Tata Metaliks, Intellect Design, HSBC Analytics, HDFC Bank
||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Cafeteria
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Jesuit Higher Education Association of South Asia (JHEASA)
- Global Jesuit Higher Education Network
- International Association of Jesuit Business School (IAJBS)
- Excellent Academic/ Learning Experiences through Cases and Live Projects.
- Globally/Industry-aligned Curriculum.
- Eminent and Committed Faculty with Doctorate and Industry Experience.
- Top Ranked Specialized Programs.
- State-of-art Infrastructure, Air-conditioned Classrooms, 24/7 Wi-fi Connectivity and Green Campuses.
- Digital Library with Remote Access.
- International Collaboration and Student Exchange.
Schools of XIM University
XIM University has twelve constituent Schools of higher learning:
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
- Xavier School of Human Resource Management (XAHR)
- Xavier School of Rural Management (XSRM)
- Xavier School of Sustainability (XSOS)
- Xavier School of Human Settlements (XAHS)
- Xavier School of Commerce (XSC)
- Xavier School of Communications (XCOMM)
- Xavier School of Computer Science and Engineering (XCSE)
- Xavier School of Economics (XSE)
- Xavier Law School (XLS)
- School of Government and Public Affairs (SGPA)
- XAVIER-EMLYON Business School (XEBS)
XIM University Rankings
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has ranked the 35th B-School of the Country in the Management Category of MHRD’s NIRF Rankings 2022.
- XIM University has been awarded the CSR Top University of Award for the year 2020.
- XIM University has been conferred CSR Excellence in Education Award.
- XIM University has been ranked 10th among India’s Top 50 Private State Universities in the Outlook ICARE University Ranking.
- XIM University is ranked 10th among the Top 50 Private State Universities in India by the Outlook ICARE University Ranking 2020.
- XIMB is ranked Top 34th Management Institute of the country in the Management Category by NIRF 2021.
- XUB has again been awarded Eduniversal Masters Ranking 2019 as - India’s Best MBA-BM Program (XIMB), India’s 2nd Best MBA-HRM Program (XAHR), India’s 2nd Best MBA-RM Program (XSRM), India’s Best MBA-SM Program (XSoS), and India’s 3rd Best Executive MBA-BM Program (XIMB).
- The Faculty of Management, Xavier University Bhubaneswar is SAQS accredited by AMDISA in recognition of commitment to quality and quality assurance through continuous improvement.
- XIM University has been ranked 9th among the Top 50 State Private Universities in India by the Outlook ICARE University Rankings 2021.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 3rd among India’s Top University Constituent Colleges in the Outlook-ICARE India MBA Rankings 2021.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 4th among Top Private B-Schools of India by the CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2021.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 6th among Top 100 Private B-Schools of the Country in the Education World India Private B-School Ranking 2020-21.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 8th among India’s Top Private B-Schools in the Outlook-ICARE India MBA Ranking 2021.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 7th among India’s Top 100 Private B-Schools in the Week-Hansa Research Survey 2020.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 11th among India’s Top 100 Private B-School Category in Business Today – MDRA B-School Survey 2020.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 16th among India’s Top 100 B-Schools in The Week-Hansa Research Survey 2020.
- Xavier Institute of Management, XIM University has been ranked 24th among India’s Top 100 Best B-Schools in India Today – MDRA Survey 2020.
- XIM University has Been honoured with Four Palmes Global Award by Eduniversal Convention in Bangkok, Thailand in 2019 for the third time in a row for Outstanding Academic Excellence and Internationalization in Management Education and Research.
XIM University Admission
Candidates applying for UG Courses will be selected on the basis of Written tests, Evaluation of SoP and Personal Interviews. MBA and EMBA Admissions will be conducted on the basis of XAT/ CAT/ GMAT/ X-GMAT Score.
Further for B.Tech and M.Tech admissions are offered on the basis of JEE Main score and XEEE Score respectively.
Admissions to B.Tech CSE program will be offered on the basis of the CLAT/AILET/XLET Score. Candidates applying for PG and PhD. Courses will be called for Subject Test, Presentation and Personal Interview.
Step 1: Fill up the "Login Details" to create and receive by email a unique XUBID/Login ID and Password for applying to XUB.
Step 2: Log in with your XUBID/Login ID and Password. Fill up the Personal Details, Academic Details, Professional Details, choose the program/s you want to apply for and the respective test option/s, upload your photo and signature. Click on “Submit”.
Step 3: Pay the application fee of INR 1,600 (for the first option) and INR 400 (each for the subsequent option) through the Payment Gateway.
Step 4: After successful submission of the application form and fee applicants will receive a confirmation email regarding the acceptance of the online application form.
XIM University Placement
The XIM University provides placement training to students. XUB provides training through workshops, seminars, group discussions, and internships. During the 2021 Placement Drive, the institute has achieved 100% placement for its MBA program. Some of the placement highlights of XUB are detailed below:
||MBA Business Management
||MBA Rural Management
||MBA Human Resource Management
||MBA Sustainability Management
||MBA Urban Management & Governance
|Total No. of Participating Students
|Total No. of Companies
|Highest CTC Offered
||INR. 24 LPA
||INR. 11.62 LPA
||INR. 20 LPA
||INR. 8.5 LPA
||INR. 11 LPA
|Average CTC Offered
||INR. 15.15 LPA
||INR. 6.80 LPA
||INR. 12.03 LPA
||INR. 6.6 LPA
||INR. 6.1 LPA
||INR. 7.5 LPA
||Blue Star, Cognizant, Cadila, Becton Dickinson, Capgemini, Deloitte, Hexaware, HP, HCL, HSBC, ICICI Bank, Infosys, KPMG, Accenture, etc.
||Amul, RBL Finserve, Optimus Pharma, Prestige, ICICI Bank, IDFC First Bank, ESAF Small Finance Bank, Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotion Society–Jeevika, Samunnati Small Finance Bank, etc.
||Capgemini, Deloitte, Cognizant, L&T, Infosys, Accenture, EY GDS, Vedanta, GAIL, Tata Steel, IBM, Mahindra & Mahindra, etc.
XIM University Facilities
- Air-conditioned Classrooms
- Xavier Campus Cloud and Data Centre
- Professional Audio-Video Studios
- Graphic Lab
- Air-conditioned Auditorium
- Residential Facilities
- WiFi Facility
- Medical Help
- Sport and Fitness Facilities
XIM University Faculty
Given below are the details of the faculty of XUB:
Dr. Abhimanyu Sahoo
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D
Prof. Ajit Kumar
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D, MCA, B.Sc.
Dr. Amar KJR Nayak
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D, Research Fellow, MBA, B.E
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: Ph.D
Prof. Arijit Mitra
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: M.Tech FPM
XIM University FAQs
Q. Which college is better for MBA, DBE, DSE and XIMB for the BM?
Ans. XIMB is a better college than DBE and DSE. As XIMB comes under the top 10-15 colleges but candidates must be sure that they do not have any issue with the fees.
Q. Do I have to get ready any documents before filling the online application form for XIM University?
Ans. Yes, before filling up the online application form, you need to get ready with a valid email ID, academic credentials, work-related data and a digital copy of your passport size photograph and signature.
Q. Do I need the experience to apply for a Ph.D. program offered at XIM University?
Ans. Experience is not mandatorily required for Ph.D. (full-time) but for Ph.D. (part-time) at least 3 years of full-time work experience after obtaining the qualifying degree is required in the executive/ managerial/ teaching/ research field from an organization of repute.
Q. What is SoP? How important is this one? Is there any restriction in word length to write on the application form for XIM University?
Ans. A Statement of Purpose (SoP) is what you want to learn about, in your research project. In the SoP the candidate will need to outline his/her research plans and interests. This is very essential as it is one of the parameters for shortlisting in the initial round of selection. The length of this content needs to be between 300-500 words.
Q. Can I defer my admission to XIM University?
Ans. No, there is no provision to defer the admission. The conditions for accepting the admission offer will be mentioned in the offer letter.
Q. I have already appeared for other entrance exams. Do I still need to appear for the X-RAT test at XIM University?
Ans. Yes, the X-RAT test is mandatory for those who are willing to join the doctoral program at XUB.