According to the MHRD-NIRF rankings 2022, the top MBA colleges in India are IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Lucknow, IIM Kozhikode, and IIM Indore.
The best MBA colleges in India provide Regular MBA, Online MBA, and Distance MBA programs. There are 4736 top MBA colleges in India, with 710 being government and 3969 being the best private MBA colleges in India.
- The best MBA college in India is IIM Ahmedabad, which is ranked first by different ranking agencies, followed by IIM Bangalore and IIM Calcutta.
- According to the NIRF rankings 2021, IMI New Delhi, DMS IIT Delhi, and JMI Delhi are among the finest MBA colleges in Delhi.
- Other well-known and top MBA colleges in India besides IIM include XLRI Jamshedpur, MDI Gurgaon, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, and others.
- IIM Bangalore, Christ University, Kristu Jayanti College, and many other Bangalore MBA colleges are among the top.
- MBA admissions into India’s top MBA colleges are granted based on performance in MBA entrance tests such as the CAT, GMAT, SNAP, GRE, XAT, MAT, and others, followed by a GD/ PI round.
- Some of the greatest MBA colleges in Mumbai are IIT Bombay, NMIMS Mumbai, SPJIMR Mumbai, and KJ Somaiya Institute of Management.
- The top MBA colleges in India without entrance exams include Amity University (Noida), OP Jindal Global University (Sonepat), and SOIL Gurgaon.
- The best MBA colleges in India with low fees include the University of Allahabad, Ranchi University, the University of Rajasthan, and many others.
- Top management colleges in India offer lucrative placement packages with high ROI. The average CTC ranged between INR 7-15 LPA, with IIM Ahmedabad offering the highest recorded CTC of INR 1.32 CPA.
- IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIT Bombay, XLRI Jamshedpur, MDI Gurgaon, and other top MBA colleges in India are listed below.
Top 10 MBA Colleges in India
The top MBA colleges in India are ranked not only by popular and trusted ranking agencies in India, but also by QS World Ranking, Asia Pacific Rankings, and others. Check out the top ten MBA colleges in India based on tuition:
|Top 10 MBA Colleges in India||Average Fees(INR)||MBA/ PGDM seats|
India’s top IIMs
The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) are some of the most prestigious management colleges in India, offering a variety of management courses such as MBA, BBA, PGDM, and so on. The top IIMs in India provide high-quality education, infrastructure, and facilities, as well as competitive placement packages. There are approximately 20 IIM colleges in India, the majority of which are ranked among the top MBA colleges in the country. Some of the top IIMs in India that are ranked among the top MBA colleges in India by NIRF are listed below:
|NIRF Ranking 2022||College Name||MBA/ PGDM seats|
|73||IIM Bodh Gaya||180|
Top MBA Colleges in India except for IIM
MBA, the most popular course among students, is available at several colleges in India, excluding IIM. For students interested in pursuing an MBA, here is a list of the top MBA colleges in India, excluding IIM, according to the NIRF 2021 rankings.
|NIRF 2021 Ranking||College Name||Average Annual Fees (INR)|
|5||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||5,12,000|
|8||Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur||12,90,000|
|9||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||50,000|
|10||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay||9,43,000|
|11||Management Development Institute, Gurugram||7,03,000|
|12||National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai||2,05,000|
|13||Indian Institute of Technology Madras||4,16,000|
|14||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||10,76,000|
|16||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur||10,76,000|
|19||S. P. Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||10,95,000|
|20||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune||9,62,500|
|22||SVKM`s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||9,39,000|
|24||Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||9,12,000|
|25||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi||3,22,000|
|26||International Management Institute, New Delhi||5,60,000|
|27||ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad||8,00,000|
|29||Amity University, Gautam Budh Nagar||5,12,000|
|30||Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad||12,90,000|
|31||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar||50,000|
|32||T. A. Pai Management Institute Manipal||9,43,000|
India’s Top Executive MBA Schools
The Executive MBA program is a part-time MBA program designed for professionals with extensive work experience. An MBA in Executive format takes one year to complete. In India, there are approximately 241 best MBA colleges that offer Executive MBA programs. Check out the top Executive MBA colleges in India, along with average tuition and course length.
|Indian Institute of Management||INR 25,00,000|
|Indian Institute of Management||INR 21,40,000|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and HRD||INR 2,10,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management||INR 2,60,000|
|Indian School of Business||INR 37,00,000|
|Amity University||INR 6,20,000|
|Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies||INR 40,800|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||INR 4,70,000|
|Delhi Technological University||INR 2,30,000|
|University of Delhi- Faculty of Management Studies||INR 95,000|
Top MBA Colleges in India: Ranking
Every year, rankings for the best business schools and MBA programs in India are made public. The top MBA colleges in India are ranked by a number of well-known and reliable ranking organizations, including NIRF, The Week, Business Today, India Today, etc. Each year, these rating organizations perform surveys based on many criteria, such as education quality, placements, facilities, infrastructure, and a host of others.
One of the most reputable ranking organizations in India is NIRF, which is the MHRD-adopted ranking methodology. Numerous other private-ranking organizations classify institutions as Zones (North, East, West, and South).
Best MBA schools in India The best educational institutions are ranked using the government-adopted NIRF National Institutional Ranking Framework. The five main factors that NIRF uses to rate the institutions each have a distinct weighting. The information on the top MBA schools in India according to the NIRF Ranking for 2021 is provided below.
- According to NIRF Ranking 2021, IIM Ahmedabad has consistently held the top spot among the best MBA programs in India.
- IIM Calcutta is currently in third place, followed by IIM Bangalore in second.
- IIM Kozhikode has also demonstrated improvement, moving up two spots to position four from sixth.
- The best progress was demonstrated by NITIE Mumbai, which rose 17 points to take up position 12 in India.
- The Xavier Labor Relations Institute (XLRI) has likewise made significant strides. It now ranks among the top 10 MBA colleges in India, surpassing IIT Kharagpur and IIT Bombay.
The table below depicts some of the top MBA colleges in India NIRF Ranking 2021:
|NIRF Ranking 2022||College Name||NIRF Score|
|1||Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad||83.35|
|2||Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore||82.62|
|3||Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta||78.64|
|4||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||75.10|
|5||Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode||74.74|
|6||Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow||74.55|
|7||Indian Institute of Management, Indore||70.66|
|8||Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI)||69.67|
|9||National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai||68.84|
|10||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||66.60|
|11||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||66.24|
|12||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur||65.15|
|13||Management Development Institute||64.70|
|14||Indian Institute of Management, Raipur||63.57|
|15||Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi||62.33|
|16||Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak||62.20|
|17||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management||61.97|
|18||Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli||61.88|
|19||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||61.76|
|20||Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur||61.20|
Top MBA Colleges in India Placement Wise
The most crucial consideration for students when selecting the best college for them is placement. The best MBA schools in India have specialized placement cells that instruct students on how to secure the best offer and how to ace interviews. The top-ranked and best MBA colleges in India provide profitable placement possibilities with substantial returns on investment into the most esteemed businesses worldwide.
Some of the top MBA schools in the world, known for their impressive placement rates, are located in India. The best IIM colleges in India are the recipients of the majority of the highest MBA placements.
- The top MBA colleges in India offer a placement package with an average range of INR 12–25 LPA.
- This year, 114 employment offers were made at IIM Ahmedabad, which also had the highest MBA placement package at INR 1.32 CPA.
- NMIMS Mumbai has 540 MBA seats available. This year, the college counted more than 180 recruiters coming.
- Other than IIM, FMS Delhi and MDI Gurgaon are the top MBA schools in India having the highest placement rates.
- The typical pay in India for those who have completed MBA programs ranges from INR 6 to INR 9 lakhs.
Top MBA Colleges in India with Highest Package
Check out the top MBA colleges in India with the highest placement packages mentioned in the table below along with their highest recorded MBA placement package:
|College Name||MBA Highest Package|
|IIM Ahmedabad||INR 1.32 crore|
|IIM Calcutta||INR 80 lakh|
|IIM Lucknow||INR 54 lakh|
|IIM Indore||INR 50 lakh|
|IIM Kozhikode||INR 58 lakh|
|IIM Udaipur||INR 40 lakh|
|IIM Rohtak||INR 24 lakh|
|IIM Trichy||INR 25 lakh|
|IIT Delhi||INR 33 lakh|
|IIT Bombay||INR 32.8 lakh|
|IIT Roorkee||INR 14.5 lakh|
|IIT Madras||INR 29.02 lakh|
|IIT Kharagpur||INR 29 lakh|
|NIT Trichy||INR 42 lakh|
|SP Jain Mumbai||INR 51 lakh|
|Narsee Monjee Mumbai||INR 58.61 lakh|
|MDI Gurgaon||INR 40.5 lakh|
|Great Lakes Chennai||INR 28.6 lakh|
|XLRI Jamshedpur||INR 26 lakh|
|FMS Delhi||INR 58.6 lakh|
|Symbiosis Pune||INR 34 lakh|
|NITIE Mumbai||INR 58.2 lakh|
|IIFT New Delhi||INR 46.45 lakh|
|IMT Ghaziabad||INR 58.22 lakh|
Best MBA Colleges in India
For more information on MBA colleges, click here.