Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management (LBSIM), New Delhi Overview
LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management (LBSIM) is counted amongst the top B-schools in the country. The institute was established in Delhi in 1995 by the Lal Bahadur Shastri Educational Society to provide value-based management education.
PGDM (General, Research & Business Analytics, Finance, Executive, and Part-Time), Master of Computer Applications (MCA), and other courses are offered under the aegis of highly experienced and acclaimed faculty members.
Through the various courses, the institution aims to nurture professionals who are not only efficient and adept in their chosen domain but also humane and pragmatic in their outlook.
This versatile approach of the college has led to it being recognized as a pioneering institution providing value-based management education and subsequently resulted in the improvement of LBSIM ranking. Presently, the institution is considered to be one of the top management colleges in India.
LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT COURSES
LBSIM Delhi, recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), offers several two-year, full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Management courses – PGDM (General, Research & Business Analytics, Finance, and Executive).
Its flagship PGDM course is recognized to be equivalent to an MBA degree by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Furthermore, PGDM (General) and PGDM (Finance) courses are accredited by the National Board Accreditation (NBA).
Following are the management courses offered by the college:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (General): The two-year, full-time PGDM (General) program is designed for individuals who wish to make a mark in the corporate world by becoming world-class leaders with a global approach.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management: The two-year, full-time PGDM (Finance) program provides comprehensive knowledge of financial management so that students can develop strong analytical and problem-solving skills to overcome challenges in the dynamic corporate world.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Research & Business Analytics): The two-year, full-time PGDM (Research & Business Analytics) offers students a complete knowledge of research and analysis so that they can implement the concepts, techniques, and applications for the growth of the business.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Executive): The 15-month, full-time PGDM (Executive) program is for high-performing working professionals who wish to take their career to the next level in general management roles.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Part-Time): The 27-month, part-time PGDM (Part-Time) is a weekend program designed for working professionals with at least two years of experience at the mid or senior level in corporate after graduation.
In addition to the above-mentioned management courses, the college offers three-year, full-time Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) that is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. LBSIM also provides NSE Certified Capital Market Professional Course in collaboration with NSE.
Besides, it offers Mentor-Mentee Program, Management Development Program, Faculty Development Program, Management Development Program, LBS Entrepreneurial and Incubation Center (LBSEIC), LBS Risk Management Centre (LBSRMC), Research & Consultancy, as well as Conferences, Seminars, and Workshops.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (General, Financial Management, Research & Business Analytics)
The candidate must hold a bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA of any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The bachelor degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary, schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
Candidates appearing for the final bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination can also apply. Such candidates must produce a certificate from the Principal/Head of Department/Registrar/Director of the University/Institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks. The deadline for submission of the mark sheet and the certificate is December 15, 2021. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
All candidates seeking admission to LBSIM will be required to appear in the Common Admission Test (CAT) / Current Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) Score.
Registration at LBSIM
Besides CAT/ Current GMAT Score, candidates are required to register at LBSIM, Delhi through a separate Application Form which will be available along with Information Brochure from Admission Coordinator, LBSIM, Delhi.
Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)
Candidates short-listed on the basis of CAT/ Current GMAT score will be called for WAT (Written Ability Test), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) for final selection.
Personal Interview can be conducted at one of the following places, as selected by the candidate at the time of applying for registration with LBSIM:
GD/PI centre can be changed by the Institute at its discretion. The weightage for final selection will be 60% for CAT/ Current GMAT score and 40% for Group Discussion, Extempore and Personal Interview, past academic performance and work experience. Result of the selected candidates shall also be displayed on the Institute's Notice Board and website: www.lbsim.ac.in
- Candidates are short-listed on the basis of CAT/ GMAT scores, prior academic performance, work experience, and other information disclosed in the Application form. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion, Extempore, Written Analysis Test and Personal Interview, which will be held during February and March 2021.
- The weightage for final selection will be 60% for CAT/GMAT score and 40% for Group Discussion, Extempore and Personal Interview, past academic performance, written ability test and work experience. Result of the selected candidates shall also be displayed on the Institute's Notice Board and also uploaded on the Institute’s website: www.lbsim.ac.in
The likely dates/ schedule will be as follows:
- GD / Personal Interview: Last week of February, 2021
- Announcement of final results and release of admission list: Ist week of April, 2021
The Information Brochure and Application Form
The Information Brochure and Application Form for the programme, giving detailed information, is available with the Admission Coordinator, Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi on all working days between 9.30 am and 5.30 pm (except 1st Saturday & Sundays and holidays) at LBSIM Dwarka Campus,
Completed Application Forms must be sent to:
Those who have applied offline are requested to send the completed application forms to : Admission Coordinator, Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Plot No.-11/7, Sector-11, Dwarka, New Delhi-75.
Schedule of Admission:
Online application process starts
18th October, 2020
15th June, 2021
June 15-18, 2021
|Last Date for Online Application Form||Friday, 22nd January 2021|
The result will be put on LBSIM website. LBSIM will not accept any responsibility for non-receipt of any admission communication by way of loss during transit or otherwise. All matters of dispute will be subject to the legal jurisdiction of Delhi Courts.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy:
- Withdrawals/refunds, if any, will be as per the prevailing rules.
- All disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in D
LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (LBSIM) ADMISSION 2021 – 2023 & FEES
The B-School follows a systematic admission process for its full-time management programs, wherein applicants are evaluated based on their competitive examination score, written ability test (WAT), group discussion (GD) and personal interview (PI).
Candidates need to follow the below-mentioned process for seeking admission to PGDM courses of this management college:
- They need to register with LBSIM, apart from registering for CAT or GMAT. After registration, they will receive an email or OTP for verification on their registered email ID and phone number, respectively.
- Thereafter, the online application form needs to be filled, along with uploading the required documents.
- Next, candidates have to pay the application fees by credit card/debit card/net banking.
- Alternatively, they can purchase the form from the Admission Coordinator at the college by paying the application fee by DD or cash. Or, request by post by paying the requisite fees by DD.
- Duly filled offline application forms need to be mailed to the coordinator before the last date.
For admission, 60% weightage is given to CAT / GMAT score and 40% weightage is given to GD, PI, and candidate’s profile, which includes academic record, work experience, and achievements/awards.
Selected candidates then need to pay the LBSIM Delhi Fees, which is around INR 11.67 Lakhs. In addition, they also have to pay the Management Grid Contribution, Alumni Fee, Examination Fee, and Accommodation Charges.
Please note that the LBSIM Delhi Fees for PGDM Executive course are INR 5.70 Lakhs, plus Management Grid Contribution, Alumni Fee, and Examination Fee.
Furthermore, the LBSIM Fees for Part-Time PGDM program are INR 3.255 Lakhs which is non-inclusive of Alumni Fee and Examination Fee.
The eligibility criteria and selection process of various full-time LBSIM MBA programs are:
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA from a recognized institution. Final year students can also apply for these courses, provided they submit the mark sheet and certificate before December 15, 2020.
- Applicants need to appear for CAT or GMAT.
- Eligible candidates are shortlisted based on the competitive test cut off for the next round – WAT, GD, and PI. Based on the overall performance, academic record, and work experience final selection is done.
- Selected candidates then need to pay the LBSIM Delhi Fees as mentioned in the admission letter.
Please note that the eligibility criteria for the Part-Time PGDM program are a minimum of two years of work experience along with a Bachelor’s Degree. For PGDM (Executive), the eligibility criteria are a Bachelor’s Degree and at least five years of work experience.
LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT DELHI PLACEMENTS
This year’s LBSIM placements also lived up to its glorious past and its students received job offers with lucrative packages. Several companies across varied sectors visited the campus in search of talent and were not disappointed.
Some of the prominent names among 70+ companies that participated in LBSIM placements were EY India, Deloitte, Bain, Marsh India,KPMG, EY GDS, Smartcube, Accenture, Infosys, NewGen Software, TCS, Wipro, Collabera Technologies, Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra, TVS Motors,etc.
Following are the key highlights of this year’s placement season:
- Highest CTC: INR 21 LPA
- Average CTC: INR 9.9 LPA
- Total Number of Offers: 305
- Total Number of Companies: 70+
- Sector Wise Placements:
- Research & Consultancy – 36%
- BSFI: 27%
- IT/ITES: 17%
- FMCG: 7%
- Engineering & Durables: 7%
LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI COLLEGE CAMPUS FACILITIES
“LBSIM offers off-campus hostel facility within 3 Km of campus. The rooms offered at LBSIM hostels are air-conditioned and come with twin sharing setup.
The rooms come equipped with all the necessary facilities such as geysers, furniture and Wi-Fi.” The sprawling campus of this B-School is replete with facilities that facilitate proper learning and grooming of its students.
The college boasts of state-of-the-art facilities, ranging from air-conditioned classrooms and lecture halls with Wi-Fi and AV support to the well-equipped LBSIM ERP system. Some of the other prominent features of the campus are:
- Computer Centre
- Video Conferencing Centre
- Library, affiliated to the Developing Library Network (DELNET)
- Sports Arena
- Bloomberg Finance Lab
- IBM Analytics Lab
- Discussion Rooms
- Medical Facility
Besides these, students have access to numerous other facilities including Cultural Clubs, Academic Clubs, Non-Academic Clubs, Student Welfare, Management Grid, IT Grid, Extracurricular Activities, Mentor-Mentee Relationship, Nivesh - Student Managed Mutual Fund Student Welfare Facility, etc.
Q. How much is the expected LBSIM cut off?
A. Similar to LBSIM Admission 2020, this year’s cut off is expected to be CAT: 85+ and GMAT: 650-700.
Q. When is the last date to apply?
A. LBSIM last date to apply is January 22, 2021.
Q. Does the college accept MAT score?
A. No. The college accepts CAT and GMAT scores for shortlisting of eligible candidates.
Q. How much is the fee for PGDM (Finance)?
A. The fee structure for all its two-year, full-time PGDM courses is INR 11,67,000 + INR 30,000 Management Grid Contribution + INR 7,000 Alumni Fee + INR 5,000 Examination Fee.
Q. Does the college have any hostel facility?
A. No, the college doesn’t have a hostel on campus, but it has partnered with an outside agency to provide accommodation on twin-sharing basis.
Q. Are LBSIM and LBSTI the same?
A. No. LBSIM - Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management in New Delhi and LBSTI - Lal Bahadur Shastri Training Institute in Dehradun and other Indian cities are different institutes.
Q. Does the college have any placement cell?
A. Yes, campus placements are organized every year with participation by several companies across sectors.
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management
11/07, Near Metro Station
Sector – 11, Dwarka
New Delhi – 110075
|The Times Group||32|