Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management (LBSIM), New Delhi Admission Process
LBSIM Admission Process
LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (LBSIM) in Delhi was established in 1995 and has gone on to become one of the best business institutes in the country.
LBSIM specializes in Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) courses and offers- PGDM-G, PGDM-F, PGDM-R & BA, PGDM-L & SCM. Candidates can undertake Executive PGDM courses and part-time PGDM courses if they have worked previously or are currently working.
If one is interested in a master’s course LBSIM offers Master’s in Computer Application. It has other special professional courses for a short period of time, which it offers from time to time. The applicant can apply for taking LBSIM admission online and look for the courses here https://www.lbsim.ac.in/
Eligibility & Admission Criteria
LBSIM seeks admission to the PGDM(General), PGDM(Financial Management) and PGDM (Research and Business Analytics) programmes through a rigorous selection process comprising scores from competitive examinations like CAT, GMAT, followed by Group Discussion, Written Ability Test and Personal Interview. Students are selected by a group of experienced faculty members and industry experts. This enables the Institute to select candidates from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination in the year 2021, can also apply. However, such candidates have to submit a certificate from the Principal / Registrar of their University/institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent, based on latest available grades/marks. The deadline for submission of the mark sheet and the certificate is October 15, 2021. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- Applicants should note that the mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by LBSIM. Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
- All candidates are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT 2020) conducted by the IIMs on November 29, 2020, or should have a valid GMAT score in a test taken between January 1, 2020 and January 15, 2021.
- Foreign students, PIO and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible and are required to take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) at a test centre outside India, between January 1, 2020 and January 15, 2021.
- Indian residents who have appeared for GMAT, between January 1, 2020 and January 15, 2021 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates will be required to furnish their GMAT scores while applying and provide an attested copy of the GMAT score sheet to the Admission Office for verification at the time of personal interview. GMAT scores without the above document will not be accepted and the application may be summarily rejected.
- Candidates are short-listed on the basis of CAT/ GMAT scores, prior academic performance, work experience, and other information disclosed in the Application form. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion, Extempore, Written Analysis Test and Personal Interview, which will be held during February and March 2021.
- The weightage for final selection will be 60% for CAT/GMAT score and 40% for Group Discussion, Extempore and Personal Interview, past academic performance, written ability test and work experience. Result of the selected candidates shall also be displayed on the Institute’s Notice Board and also uploaded on the Institute’s website: www.lbsim.ac.in
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (General, Financial Management, Research & Business Analytics)
The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA of any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The bachelor degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary, schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
Candidates appearing for the final bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination can also apply. Such candidates must produce a certificate from the Principal/Head of Department/Registrar/Director of the University/Institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks. The deadline for submission of the mark sheet and the certificate is December 15, 2020. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
Personal Interview can be conducted at one of the following places, as selected by the candidate at the time of applying for registration with LBSIM:
GD/PI centre can be changed by the Institute at its discretion. The weightage for final selection will be 60% for CAT/ Current GMAT score and 40% for Group Discussion, Extempore and Personal Interview, past academic performance and work experience. Result of the selected candidates shall also be displayed on the Institute’s Notice Board and website: www.lbsim.ac.in
The likely dates/ schedule will be as follows:
- GD / Personal Interview: Last week of February, 2021
- Announcement of final results and release of admission list: Ist week of April, 2021
The Information Brochure and Application Form
The Information Brochure and Application Form for the programme, giving detailed information, is available with the Admission Coordinator, Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi on all working days between 9.30 am and 5.30 pm (except 1st Saturday & Sundays and holidays) at LBSIM Dwarka Campus,
Completed Application Forms must be sent to:
Those who have applied offline are requested to send the completed application forms to : Admission Coordinator, Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Plot No.-11/7, Sector-11, Dwarka, New Delhi-75.
Schedule of Admission:
|Online application process starts||18th October, 2020|
|Programme commences||15th June, 2021|
|Orientation Programme||June 15-18, 2021|
The result will be put on the LBSIM website. LBSIM will not accept any responsibility for non-receipt of any admission communication by way of loss during transit or otherwise. All matters of dispute will be subject to the legal jurisdiction of Delhi Courts.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy:
- Withdrawals/refunds, if any, will be as per the prevailing rules.
- All disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in Delhi