The Staff Selection Commission functions under the government Department of Personnel and Training. Commonly known as the SSC, the Commission’s most important task, as a recruitment body, is to recruit eligible candidates into various subordinate positions. Candidates are recruited into the departments and ministries of the Government. The SSC conducts various exams like the SSC CHSL, SSC MTS, SSC JE and SSC CGL.
SSC CGL examination is conducted for recruiting candidates for posts which require a minimum qualification of a graduate degree. Mostly candidates for Grade B and Grade C positions are recruited through the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGL).
The Staff Selection Commission released the notification SSC CGL 2019 on 22nd October 2019 and has opened the application process for tier-I of the exam. SSC CGL exam is conducted in 4 stages where the first and second stages of the exam are computer-based tests while the third and fourth stages are descriptive exams.
The online applications for SSC CGL 2019 were opened on 22nd October 2019 itself. SSC has also announced the final date for making the application. Candidates aspiring to appear for this exam will have to finish the entire application process by 25th November 2019. If candidates are willing to apply for the exam, they can follow the steps mentioned below –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission, which is https://ssc.nic.in/
- Step-2 : On the home page, click on the ‘Apply’ tab on the top right side of the page.
- Step-3 : Click on the CGL tab on the page
- Step-4 : A link will open up in the page. Click on the Apply option near the link.
- Step-5 : Candidates will have to log in to the website. If they are a new applicant, they can sign up.
- Step-6 : Fill all the details in the application form. Don’t forget to double-check the information.
- Step-7 : Upload a scanned copy of the photograph and signature as per the size prescribed in the instructions.
- Step-8 : Candidates will have to pay an application fee of Rs 100/-
- Step-9 : Submit the application form and take a printout for future purposes.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for SSC CGL 2018-19 Tier II Result , Answer keys Out – PaGaLGuY
It is likely that the tier-I examination will be conducted in the month of March 2020. The admit card for this exam will be released in February 2020. As per the notification released by the SSC regarding the last date of application, candidates have been advised to submit their application well before the last date. This is because there might be heavy traffic on the online portal on the last date of examination and any technical problems will not be the responsibility of the Staff Selection Commission.
Candidates are advised to keep a regular check on the website of the Staff Selection Commission as any updates relating to the exam will be uploaded there.