The Combined Graduate Level exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for the appointment of Grade B and C officers at various Government office sectors.
The exam needs the candidates to necessarily hold a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution to be eligible for the exam.
This exam is a four-tier system. Out of these four tiers, the first and second-tier exams are computer-based test while the third and fourth test will be a descriptive test paper and a computer proficiency test which will be followed by the document verification process.
It is to be noted that the candidates need to qualify each round to pass onto the next round. The official notification for the exam was released by the Staff Selection committee on 22nd of October 2019.
The SSC CGL 2019 first tier exam is to be held from 2nd to 11th of March 220, which will be a computer-based exam while the exam for second and third-tier will be held during 22nd to 25th of June 2020. The registration link for the exam will be open till 25th of November 2019.
The important dates for the exam can be given as follows:
|SSC Official notification release date||22nd of October 2019|
|Application start date||22nd of October 2019|
|Last date to apply||25th of November 2019|
|Tier 1 exam||2nd to 11th of March 2020|
|Tier 2 and 3 exam||22nd to 25th of March 2020|
|Tier 4 exam||not yet notified|
The eligibility criterion has three important parts:
- Necessary education qualification
- Age Limit
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution is a must for each post, but the other requirements will change according to the various posts which are available. The criteria can be given as follows:
- Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer: CA/ CS/ MBA/ Cost and Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies
- Junior Statistical Officer: Bachelor’s degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- Statistical Investigator Grade 2 post: Bachelor’s degree in any of the subject with Statistics as one of the subjects.
- All other Posts: Bachelor’s degree in any subject or any equivalent qualification.
- The candidates who are studying in their last year of graduation can also apply for the exam however they must fit in all the qualification as of 1/1/2020.
Apart from these qualifications, there are other physical standards for an Inspector, Sub-inspector in CBI and Sub-Inspector in NIA.
The minimum age limit is 18 years of age, while the maximum age limit is 32 years of age. The age relaxation based on various categories can be given as follows:
- OBC: 3 years of age
- SC/ ST: 5 years of age
- Physically Handicapped (PH): 10 years of age
- PH+OBC: 3 years of age
- PH+SC/ ST: 15 years of age
Last year a total of 8089 vacancies were fulfilled. This year an estimated amount of 8000+ vacancies are expected to be filled in by the exam.
- Must be an Indian citizen
- Must be a subject of Nepal/ Bhutan
- Must be a Tibetan refugee who moved to India before 1962 and settled in India permanently
- Must be a person of Indian origin who moved to India from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Kenya and has settled permanently.