Jamia Millia Islamia University Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses are available through self-financing for the MA programme at JMI?
Ans. Jamia Millia Islamia University offers MA (self-financing) programmes in Convergent Journalism, Development Communication, and Visual Effects & Animation. The minimum requirement for the same is a graduation grade point average of 45 percent. Candidates are chosen for admission based on their performance in the university's entrance exam.
Q. Are students at JMI sponsored in the form of scholarships?
Ans. Yes, students are sponsored through various university scholarships:
- Sponsored Scholarships for students in various Faculties/Centres of Jamia
- Islamic Studies Scholarship for the topper student of Department of Islamic Studies
- Scholarship for topper student of the Department of Arabic
- Barrister and Mrs. Nooruddin Ahmad and Fareed Ahmad Scholarships
- Razmi Rizwan Husain Memorial Scholarship
- E. J. Kellat Scholarship
- Scholarship for the topper Student of each Faculty
- Faculty of Education Merit Scholarship (For M. Ed. Students)
- Faculty of Education Merit Scholarship (For students from Languages, Social Sciences and Sciences Stream)
- Prof. S. C. Shukla Scholarship
- Prof. Saeed Ansari Memorial Scholarship
- Jawahar Bhavan Trust Scholarship
- Qazi Mohd. Ahmad Memorial Scholarship
- Mirza Mehmood Beg Scholarship
- Ms. Neelofar Scholarship Fund
- Dr. A. R. Saiyed Scholarship
- Prof Hajira Kumar Memorial Scholarship
- Mohammed Ajaz Student Top Excellence Reward (MASTER)
- Nasima Begum Educational Award for Topper (NEAT) Scholarship
- Tabassum Ajaz Winner Award for First Class Students(TA WAFS)
- Lubna Ajaz Initiative for Knowledge and Education (LIKE)
- Sophia Ajaz Magnanimous Initiative for Learning & Education (SMILE)
- Simmi Ajaz Winner Award for Best Students (SAWABS)
- Late Mr. Masood-ul-Haque Scholarship
Q. How are students admitted to the JMI hostels?
Ans. Students for hostel admissions are selected based on merit, followed by an interview round.
Q. Is Jamia Millia Islamia the same as Jamia Hamdard University?
Ans. No, Jamia Millia Islamia and Jamia Hamdard are two separate Delhi universities. Jamia Millia Islamia is classified as a central university, whereas Jamia Hamdard University is classified as a university. Jamia Hamdard University is located in Hamdard Nagar, Tughlakabad institutional area (New Delhi - 110062, Delhi NCR, India), whereas Jamia Millia Islamia University is located in Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar Marg, Jamia Nagar institutional area (New Delhi - 110062, Delhi NCR, India) (New Delhi - 110025, Delhi NCR, India).
Q. Is admission to Jamia Millia Islamia University difficult?
Ans. Yes, admission to JMI is difficult because the number of applicants is large and the number of seats available at the university is limited.
Q. How can I get to Jamia Millia Islamia?
Ans. JMI can be reached via roadways, airways, or trains. The university is well-connected throughout Delhi. It is 25 kilometers from IGI airport. It is 16 kilometers from both the Old and New Delhi railway stations. The Jamia is 20 kilometers away from the Inter-State Bus Terminus, Kashmiri Gate, and 16 kilometers away from Vivek Vihar and Sarai Kale Khan Bus Terminus, respectively.
Q. Does JMI have any affiliated colleges?
Ans. JMI University does not have any affiliated colleges. The university only has departments.
Q. Does JMI offer any distance education courses?
Ans. Yes, JMI University provides the following distance education courses:
- Bachelor of Engg. (B.E.) in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Sciences
Q. What are my career options after earning a B.E. from JMI?
Ans. After completing his or her respective degree from JMI, a B.E. students have numerous opportunities. The following are the top job profiles available to B.E. students:
- Assistant Technical Officer Development
- Engineer Mechanical Design Office
- Design Engineer
- Aircraft Production Manager
Q. What research accomplishments has JMI made?
Ans. The following are some of JMI's research accomplishments:
- JMI has so far produced 9,975 papers in total.
- Scopus Indexed Journals published 1004 research publications in the previous calendar year.
- 519 students are JRF/SRF/NET/MANF fellowship recipients for the current academic year, while 535 students are non-NET fellowship recipients for the Ph.D. programme.
- Faculty members have received 656 distinctions from private, national, state, and international organizations.
Q. How many students are faculty members at JMI?
Ans. Only 7964 of the total 1,47,000 applications received are chosen for the 260 programmes for which JMI has a good student-teacher ratio of 1 to 18 students. 15 academic members have given lectures in international interference conferences, demonstrating the depth of experience among JMI's faculty. While 15 other academic staff members are INSA and NASc fellows.
Q. Who are some famous JMI graduates?
Ans. The names of illustrious graduates are listed in tabular form below:.