Delhi Technological University (DTU), Delhi Overview
Founded in the year 1941, and spread across an area of 164 acres consisting of 14 University Departments, the AICTE approved Delhi Technological University in New Delhi was the first engineering college of Delhi. The college was previously run by the government of Delhi from 1963 and got affiliated with Delhi University in the year 1952.
The Delhi University affiliation was remained with it until 2009, after which, it became a state-run university and was renamed as the Delhi Technological University.
The institute provides various UG, PG, Doctoral and Executive programmes in Management and Engineering. The college offers B.E. / B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech, and PhD in the engineering courses. Apart from these, DTU Delhi also offers BBA, Executive MBA/PGDM in management studies.
Today DTU Delhi holds a rank of 34th in the college rankings of NIRF 2019. It had a previous rank of 41st and 39th in the years 2018 and 2017, respectively. DTU Delhi was also ranked 5th by India Today under Top Government Universities in 2018.
The faculty is considered to be highly qualified by the college students, along with some visiting professors who hold both industry and research experience. They assist their students in all possible ways if approached. They also prepare college students for placement and internship procedures by taking mock GDs and interviews.
DTU Delhi Courses offered and Fee Structure
The courses offered at the Delhi Technological University in New Delhi belong mainly to three academic branches namely Business and Management Studies, Engineering and Science.
The degrees provided at the institute are B.E. / B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech, and PhD on three different levels of studies. Following is a brief discussion of the course structure under the engineering degrees.
DTU Delhi Course Highlights
- DTU offers full-time B.Tech programme with a duration of four years and a fee of 7.81 lakhs and in B.Tech lateral the course duration is three years and the fee is 5.62 lakhs.
- The university also provides M.Tech programme of two years with a fee of 3.32 lakhs.
- Delhi Technological University conducts the PhD programme with a fee of 45,000 for three years.
DTU Delhi Admission Process
The admission procedures on grounds of the courses available at the Delhi Technological University, New Delhi are given below –
- BE / B.Tech - Admission is conducted on the basis of JEE Mains cut-offs declared by the institution itself followed by various rounds of counselling for different courses.
- ME / M.Tech - Admission is based on the GATE score obtained by the candidate. After the exam, the student needs to apply separately for DTU and then they are called for counselling on the basis of their gate score card.
- PhD - Admission is based on a screening test and interview.
DTU Delhi Placements
The highest package ever offered at DTU Delhi was INR 52.22 lakhs per annum. The college maintains an average placement deal of INR 6.5 lakhs per annum. The administration has increased the strength of the institute in the past few years, which has surely displayed its outcome in various fields, placement being one.
The college also has a strong alumni base, which helps DTU retain its recruitments every year. The T&P cell also puts in a lot of effort to ensure great placements every year.
The companies and recruiters visiting the campus of DTU Delhi include Adobe, Amazon, Bajaj Auto, Cairn India Limited, Directi, Facebook, Futures First, Goldman Sachs, Google, Hero Moto Corp, Markit, Maruti Suzuki, Microsoft, Nvidia Corporation, PIAGGIO, PWC, Royal Enfield, TATA, TCS, Walmart etc.
|Highest CTC (LPA)||Average CTC(LPA)|
DTU Delhi Result and Cut-off
To get into DTU Delhi for pursuing any course on a specific level of education, candidates need to pass various examinations held by various authorities of our country.
As an example, to get into the undergraduate level of studies in engineering, candidates have to pass JEE Mains with a valid score card, which helps to get through the counselling round. Similarly, for postgraduate level, a valid scorecard in GATE exam is mandatory.
Mentioned below is the cut off for JEE Mains 2018, of the B.E./B.Tech programme for DTU Delhi admissions (Round 1):
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||15233||141690||422364||75903|
|Mathematics and Computing||12347||164264||640696||78849|
|Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Automotive||22703||174778||454525||103365|
|Polymer Science and Chemical Technology||32624||235023||649433||147548|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||30878||232853||947848||140219|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||3746||36400||75130||8221|
|Mathematics and Computing||3028||44276||91047||9805|
|Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Automotive||5558||51614||-||13551|
|Polymer Science and Chemical Technology||8481||86955||134991||20171|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||7150||64893||92201||14434|
DTU Delhi Alumni Network
The DTU Alumni Association has the following membership categories:
- Associate: Students that are consistently involved in the activities of the DCE-DTU (Delhi College of Engineering - Delhi Technological University) Alumni Association.
- Lifetime: Any alumni of DCE-DTU who has paid the prescribed fee.
Registered alumni members have access to and can search the online directory that allows them to stay connected with the University and their then classmates.
Registered student members can also access the database and search for ex-students spread all over the world. They are also able to approach alumni members who volunteer to offer career-related advice to future job applicants of the college.
DTU Delhi Scholarships
Established back in the year of 1941, this old institution believes that not everyone, who comes to DTU Delhi to pursue courses at a different level, comes from a balanced economical background family. Thus, DTU Delhi ensures the fact that no one should be left and specifically those who are enough capable to be an engineer.
DTU Delhi has some scholarship schemes to support the students who have a weak economic background. The Scholarships offered at DTU Delhi are mainly based on the following categories:
- Merit Scholarship Notice to B.Tech. Students.
- Merit Scholarship for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Minorities and Post-matric scholarship for SC students.
Exemption from paying tuition fee is also offered to students with annual family income lower than 4.5 lakhs. Apart from this, a student can easily avail a loan from the SBI bank situated within the college campus.
DTU Delhi Campus Facility
- Library: The library at DTU has a rich collection of around 2,03,064 books and journals. All the projects and thesis are retained with the help of a digital library software also called DSPACE, which is accessible through the intra-network of the college. The college maintains a total of 1145 Thesis & Dissertations in both soft and hard copy forms in its library.
- Hostel: The institution has hostels for both boys and girls. All the hostels are equipped with basic provisions like a common room, mess, recreation room, TV, water purifiers, laundry services along with security and surveillance system.
- Sports Complex: The college has a Badminton Court, Basketball Court, Cricket Ground, Football Ground, Tennis Court, Hockey Ground, Volleyball Court and Table-Tennis rooms.
|The Times Group||8|