Indian Institute of Management – [IIM], Jammu Overview
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) is one of the most respected names when it comes to management education in India with multiple branches across the country. IIM Jammu is one of the newest campuses of IIM which was established in the year 2016 in the Jammu region of the erstwhile state.
IIM Jammu is soon going to be setting-up an off-campus in Srinagar for the convenience of the students from the valley. Presently, IIM Jammu is operating from the Old University Campus at Canal Road in Jammu but is soon planning to transfer its operations to a new campus at Jagati near Jammu city.
From the day it started its operations, IIM Jammu has set new benchmarks in the region when it comes to high quality education, intensive research, consultancy, and executive education. With a strong international as well as corporate network, students can access excellent career opportunities.
IIM Jammu Courses Offered
IIM Jammu offers a wide range of educational programs to equip the students with the necessary skills to take on present-day corporate challenges.
- Post Graduate Programme
- Master of Business Administration
- Executive Education
- Advance Management Programmes
- Online Certificate Programmes
- In-company programmes
- Open Programmes
- Doctoral Programme
- PhD Programme in Management
- Faculty Development Programmes
- Faculty Development Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Academic Leadership Programme
Master of Business Administration: - IIM Jammu offers a two-year, full-time residential Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) which is a masters level program. After completion of the program, students will be awarded an MBA degree.
The total number of seats for the MBA degree at IIM Jammu is 180 for the session 2020-22. Candidates will be awarded points based on their profile along the following aspects i.e.
- CAT Score will be given 40% weight.
- Personal Appearance
- Personal Interview (PI) – 20 marks
- Written Ability Test (WAT) – 10 marks
- Work Experience – 8 marks
- Academic Profile – 9 marks (3 marks each for 10th standard, 12th standard, and Graduation)
- Diversity – 13 marks
The admission process comprises of following stages: -
- Step 1: - Candidates will first have to appear for the CAT Exam.
- Step 2: - Candidates will be shortlisted for the Personal Appearance (PA) Process.
- Step 3: - Conducting the Written Ability Test and Personal Interview for the candidates.
- Step 4: - Preparing the merit list based on the performance in CAT, PA, and Profile score.
- For the 1st and 2nd year – Rs. 35,000 per month.
- For the 3rd and 4th year – Rs. 40,000 per month.
- Contingency Grant – Rs. 40,000 per year for four years.
- Laptop purchase grant – Rs. 50,000 as one-time allowance.
- 2 Lakhs during the PhD program for attending conferences.
PhD Programme in Management: - Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program offered by IIM Jammu is a full-time doctoral-level program that offers opportunities to research scholars to explore and research different areas of management.
- Candidate should not be more than 40 years old as on 1st June 2020
- Candidate should have appeared for CAT/ GMAT/ GATE/ GRE/ JRF/ UGC-NET
- Candidate should have either of the following qualifications: -
- Master’s degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Integrated Master’s Degree (4 yrs. / 5 yrs.) with 60% marks after class 12th.
- Professional qualifications like CA, CS or ICWA with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Bachelor’s degree (4 years) such as BE or BTech with a minimum CGPA of 6.5.
- Candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in class 10th and 12th
- Candidates who have completed a PGP from IIMs within the last ten years and scored a CGPA of 6.0 can apply directly without any need to submit the test score.
- Step 1: - Candidates must appear for CAT/ GMAT/ GATE/ GRE/ JRF/ UGC-NET.
- Step 2: - Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview in May 2020.
- Step 3: - Successful candidates will receive an offer in May 2020.
- Step 4: - Candidates must pay the commitment fee of Rs. 36,000, along with offer acceptance form.
Management Development Programs: - IIM Jammu offers varied management development programs which aim to offer working executives with up to date knowledge about management practices.
Faculty Development Programs: - IIM Jammu also offers a residential Faculty Development Programme for faculty members of management institutes and helps them with their professional development.