FLAME University, Pune Overview
FLAME University Pune is a state private university established in 2015 that offers several Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses under the aegis of an acclaimed group of scholars and researchers.
FLAME University Pune is one of the top B-Schools in Maharashtra that offers MBA and MBA (Communications Management) courses, which provide the necessary knowledge and skills to shape future-ready managers.
ABOUT FLAME UNIVERSITY PUNE
Foundation for Liberal and Management Education - FLAME University is a state private university that was established in Pune in the year 2015.
FLAME University Pune, recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), comprises four schools - FLAME School of Business, FLAME School of Liberal Education, FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of Fine & Performing Arts.
This Jain minority institution strives to go beyond the conventional education system and guides its students towards a holistic development.
Along with several FLAME University Undergraduate Courses, there are two postgraduate programs offered by the institution; namely, two-year Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA - Communications Management).
FLAME University PG Courses tries to nurture future-ready managers who are not only proficient and adept but also responsible and ethical individuals with global outlook so that they can excel in whichever domain they choose in their life.
All this has been possible due to the acclaimed FLAME University faculty and other members, whose relentless efforts have contributed to the impressive FLAME University ranking among the top management institutes in India.
FLAME UNIVERSITY COURSES
FLAME University Pune provides all-inclusive management education programs that are firmly rooted in liberal ethos. Along with educating its students in all the broad areas of management, these courses offer in-depth knowledge of the chosen management domain.
Following are the two FLAME University MBA programs:
- MBA: Master of Business Administration is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program that is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Besides, the institution has also transitioned into the highly acclaimed CFA University Affiliation Program. The course aims at providing holistic management education that nurtures competent management professionals.
- MBA Communications Management: Master of Business Administration in Communications Management is a two-year, full-time postgraduate program that is designed for aspirants who wish to shape a career in modern-day Digital Marketing Communication, along with the traditional fields of media and communications like TV, Films, etc.
FLAME UNIVERSITY ADMISSION & FEES
The university believes in giving all the candidates a fair chance of getting selected for its various programs and thus, conducts admission in five distinct cycles.
Foremost is the Early Decision Cycle where first movers gain an advantage over other applicants and those selected in the rounds conducted at the selected Indian cities need to fulfill all the admission formalities before the last date.
The second and fourth cycles are the Campus Cycles, wherein the university conducts the assessment test at its Pune campus. The third and fifth cycles are Regular Application Cycles that are conducted at selected Indian cities.
|Early Decision Cycle||7-8 December 2019||2 December 2019||26 December 2019|
|Campus Cycle I||11-12 January 2020||6 January 2020||28 January 2020|
|Regular Cycle I||22-23 February 2020||17 February 2020||11 March 2020|
|Campus Cycle II||21-22 March 2020||16 March 2020||7 April 2020|
|Regular Cycle II||24-25-26 April 2020||20 April 2020||19 May 2020|
Aspirants who wish to apply in any of the cycles have to complete the following FLAME University Pune Admission Process:
- They need to register on the official website and create a user account for which the login details are mailed on their registered email ID.
- Candidates then need to login on the application portal by using the mailed ID and password, and thereafter, fill the online application form.
- Subsequently, they need to pay the application fee. On successful payment and submission of the application form, candidates receive a confirmation email, mentioning the application number. Besides, they can download a pdf copy of their application form from the website and take a printout of the same for record.
- Preliminary screening for shortlisting candidates based on FLAME University cut off is done for the next round – Essay and Personal Interview (PI). Shortlisted candidates need to report at the designated center on the assessment date and must carry their admit cards that are mailed to their registered email ID.
Selected candidates receive the admission letter by courier, after which they need to submit an acceptance letter to the college as well as pay the requisite FLAME University fees through Net Banking or Demand Draft.
The actual details of the FLAME University Fee Structure are mentioned in the offer letter itself. Please note that the fee structure is subject to revision and varies from one year to another.
However, candidates applying for 2020 PG programs can get a fair idea from FLAME University Admission 2019 PG fee structure.
FLAME University MBA fees for 2019 batch were around INR 7.9 lakhs per annum and for MBA (Communications Management) were around INR 7.4 lakhs per annum.
FLAME UNIVERSITY ELIGIBILITY/SELECTION PROCESS
The minimum eligibility criteria for applying to the postgraduate course is a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from any institution recognized by the UGC or equivalent body.
Candidates in their final year can also apply for FLAME PG courses and if selected, their admission is provisional and confirmed only on submission of the final year’s mark sheet or degree certificate before 31st August 2020.
Alternatively, they can also appear for the FEAT - FLAME Entrance Aptitude Test, which is an online assessment conducted by the college at its campus or any of the test centers.
The selection process of the B-School is based on the overall profile of the candidates, which includes the following parameters:
- CAT / XAT/ CMAT / MAT/ GMAT / MH-CET Score (Mandatory)
- FEAT Score (Optional)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Past Academic Record
- Extracurricular Activities as well as Awards and Achievements
FLAME UNIVERSITY PLACEMENTS
The university attracts companies across sectors for its placements every year. This year’s placements were also successful with the students of the 2019 Batch getting lucrative jobs across companies, sectors, and industries.
Some of the participating companies were Times Internet, Radio Mirchi, HDFC AMC, TCS Consulting, InfoEdge India (Naukri.com), Atos Syntel Inc, Fujitsu, Vedanta Resource, Godrej Properties, Axis Capital, ICICI Securities, etc.
Following is the snapshot of the latest placement season of this college:
- Average CTC: INR 7.01 lakhs per annum
- Sector Wise Placements:
- Finance and Banking - 39%
- E-Commerce and Retail – 29%
- Media and Research – 16%
- IT/ITES and Manufacturing – 6%
- Consulting – 6%
- Real Estate and Hospitality – 4%
FLAME UNIVERSITY CAMPUS FACILITIES
The sprawling 60 acres lush campus is like no other academic institute. It is replete with state-of-the-art facilities and amenities, such as:
- Well-Equipped Classrooms
- Lecture Theaters
- Conference Rooms
- Seminar Rooms
- Performing Arts Center
- Residential Complex
- Indoor & Outdoor Sports Spaces
- Visual Arts Center
- Recording Studio
- Recreational Areas
- Medical Facility
Along with modern-day infrastructure, the university provides numerous facilities for grooming its students to become leaders of tomorrow.
Some of the highlights of the student life on campus are Student Council, Clubs, Exchanges, Houses, Workshops, Guest Speaker Series, Programs, Alumni Association, Faculty Mentoring, etc.
FLAME Artists’ Residency: January 3 - February 3, 2020
Q. Are PG courses residential?
A. Yes. The B-School provides its students well-equipped housing facilities within its sprawling campus.
Q. What is FEAT?
A. FEAT is the entrance test conducted by FLAME for its PG courses and includes multiple-choice questions MCQs across four sections - Verbal Ability, Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, and General Knowledge.
Q. Is campus placement available?
A. Yes, placements are organized every year for MBA and MBA (Communications Management) batches.
Q. What all specializations are offered in MBA?
A. For MBA, specializations are offered in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship, and Operations.
Q. What all specializations are offered in MBA (Communications Management)?
A. Specializations offered for MBA (Communications Management) are Advertising and Branding, Film and Television and Digital Marketing and Communications.
Q. Does the university provide any scholarship?
A. Yes, merit and need-based scholarships are offered to deserving candidates and range from partial to full-fee waivers.
Q. What is the FLAME University Entrance Exam Date?
A. It is yet to be announced. Candidates need to travel to the Pune campus or any of the test centers for the online assessment.
FLAME University Campus Address
Gat No. 1270, Lavale, Off Pune-Bangalore Highway,
Pune – 412115
401, Phoenix Complex,
Bund Garden Road, Opposite Residency Club,
Pune – 411001