Christ University, Bangalore Overview Overview
The University Grants Commission (UGC) approved Christ University is a private deemed to be university situated in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. With more than 18,000 students and over 800 faculty members, the university is considered to be the first indigenous Syrian Catholic religious congregation in India.
Christ University Bangalore address is in Mysore Road, Kanmanike, Kumbalgodu Post in Bengaluru (560 074). Christ University has a NAAC score of 3.25 valid till 1 December 2021. Candidates are advised to visit the Christ University Bangalore official website to know more about Christ University Bangalore ranking.
The university offers a total of 160 courses in branches of Accounting and Commerce, Architecture and Planning, Arts ( Fine / Visual / Performing ), Aviation, Banking, Finance and Insurance, Business and Management Studies, Engineering, Hospitality and Travel, Humanities and Social Sciences, IT and Software, Law, Mass Communication and Media, Medicine and Health Sciences, Science, Teaching and Education etc.
The faculty at Christ University is considered to be highly qualified with most of them holding a PhD in their respective field of study. The teachers are knowledgeable, interactive, easy to approach and supportive.
|Accredited by||NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) with ‘A’ Grade|
|Total number of students enrolled||20823|
|The geographical area of the campus||80 acres|
Courses offered and Fee Structure
Christ University Bangalore offers a variety of courses in several disciplines. The Undergraduate courses include B.A, B.A LL.B, B.Arch, B.Com, B.E. / B.Tech, B.Ed, B.J, B.Sc, BBA, BBA LL.B and BCA.
The Bachelor of Technology full-time course provides degrees in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Information Technology, Automobile Engineering etc over a period of four years.
The three year-long Bachelor of Science programme provides degrees in Physics, Electronics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Statistics, Botany, Zoology, Computer Science etc.
The Bachelor of Arts programme provides specializations in Philosophy, Economics, History, English, Political Science, Sociology, Media Studies, Music, Performing Arts, English Literature and Theatre Studies, Journalism, Psychology, Media and Communication etc.
The duration of the UG courses under Christ University is generally three to four years. The total fee for the B.Tech programme is INR 7,90,000, for the B.A programme INR 1,30,000, for the B.Sc programme INR 65,000, for the BBA programme INR 3,90,000 and INR 3,41,300 for the BCA degree.
The Christ University Bangalore courses offered postgraduate courses which includes Executive MBA/PGDM, LL.M, M.A, M.Com, M.E./M.Tech, M.Phil, M.Sc., MBA / PGDM, MCA and MD. The Master of Business Administration degree provides specializations in Human Resource Management, Marketing Finance, Lean Operation and Systems, Business Analytics etc. Christ University MBA courses lasts for two years.
The two year-long Master of Science programme provides degrees in Computer Science and Applications, Food Processing Technology, Biotechnology, Development Studies, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Human Resource Development, Psychology, Actuarial Science, Botany, Zoology etc.
The Master of Arts programme provides specializations in English Language and Communication, Theology, Counselling and Spirituality, Economics, English, Cultural Studies, Applied Economics, International Studies, Education, Philosophy, Media and Communication, Educational Leadership and Management, Applied Sociology, Performing Arts etc. The duration of the PG courses under Christ University is generally two years.
The total fee for the MBA programme is INR 7,61,500, for the M.Sc programme INR 1,50,000, for the M.A programme INR 1,26,000, for the M.Tech programme INR 2,64,000 and INR 3,65,000 for the MCA degree.
The university offers a three-year-long PhD programme on specializations like Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering, Physics, Management Studies, English, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Economics, Psychology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science etc for a fee of INR 1,50,000.
All the applicants are admitted to the university courses based on the marks scored in their qualifying degree, entrance examination or admission tests. Christ University Admissions taking Candidates need to score above a specified mark in these exams to get admitted to a particular course or discipline.
The entrance exams include CULEE (Christ University Law Entrance Test), CAT (Common Admission Test), MAT (Management Aptitude Test), XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test), GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), CMAT (Common Management Admission Test), ATMA (AIMS Test for Management Admissions) etc.
To check Christ University Bangalore application form 2019, candidates can Christ University Bangalore official website.
- For the BA, B.Sc, BCA, B.Com, BBA and BHM courses, admission is based on marks obtained in 10+2 and score in Christ University Entrance Test.
- Admission to the B.Tech and M.Tech programmes is based on the marks obtained in the qualifying exam followed by Group Discussion, Presentation and Written Exam.
- For the BA-LL.B and BBA-LL.B courses, admission is based on the marks scored in CULEE.
- For the MA, MSW, M.Sc, MCA and M.Com courses, admission is based on the Qualifying marks followed by the score obtained in Christ University Entrance Test.
- For the Diploma/ PG Diploma courses, students are admitted on the basis of performance in Personal Interview for shortlisted candidates.
- MBA admissions are based on the marks obtained in CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT or ATMA exam followed by the performance in Group Discussion, Micro-Presentation, Verbal Assessment, Written Assessment, Personal Interview or academic performance.
- For the B.Ed course, admission is based on performance in the Skill Assessment Exam followed by a logical reasoning and communication skills exam.
- The Christ University Bangalore Admission 2019 regarding the PhD course includes a few steps. The candidates are selected on the basis of the marks obtained in Entrance Exam conducted by the university followed by academic score and performance in the personal interview.
The Christ University Bangalore Placements statistics (median packages) for the year 2018 are as follows:
- Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech): INR 2.80 Lakhs
- Management and Business Administration (M.B.A): INR 5.30 Lakhs
The number of students placed:
- HR - 101
- Operations - 117
- Marketing - 210
- Finance - 236
The highest package ever offered at Christ University is that of INR 15 lakhs.
The companies recruiting BA, B.Sc and MBA students include Amazon.com, Boston Consulting Group, Cerner, Cisco Systems, Dell, Deloitte, Envestnet, Exxon, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Odessa, Saggezza, Shell, Swiss Re, TCS, Thomson Reuters, Vedanta, Verity, Walmart, Wipro etc.
Results and Cut-off
Christ University Bangalore declares the cut-off list for its several courses and degrees once the results of their respective entrance examinations are out. The candidates need to obtain a score which is equal to or more than the cut-off mark specified by the university to get admitted to their desired courses.
For example, BA-LL.B and BBA-LL.B aspirants need to clear the CULEE cut off and MBA candidates need to clear the CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT or ATMA cut-offs. The Christ University Bangalore cut off are relaxed for reserved candidates like SCs, STs and OBCs.
The Alumni Association of Christ University takes responsibility for matters regarding the alumni members of the institute like conducting or organising events and programmes allowing former students to re-ignite old memories and relations with each other and their alma mater.
The scholarship and assistantship programmes offered by Christ University to its students include the following:
- Merit Scholarships: Candidates having a fee range up to INR10,000 will be given a 50% exemption, whose fees ranges from INR10,000 to INR 25,000 will be provided with a 25% concession and whose fee is greater than INR 25,000 will be offered a 10% refund of fee.
- Financial Assistance: Students belonging to families having poor economic backgrounds can avail this scholarship.
- The Alumni Association Scholarship provided by the University also assists economically weak scholars through the Alumni Fund.
The Christ University library keeps a rich collection of about 2,85,595 books, 552 periodicals, 1,47,755 titles and subscription to 30 newspapers. It is a member of DELNET and the British Council Library. It has a subscription to around 250 Printed periodicals in various specializations.
The university provides hostel or lodging provisions for both boys and girls. The hostels for boys include the Jonas Hall and Block A, B, C Residence hall. The girls' hostels include the St. Kuriakose Elias Hall and CST Vidyabhavan.
Christ University Bangalore Campus has a Cricket ground, Table Tennis, Badminton courts, Football field and Basketball court.
Out of the many laboratories provided by the university a few distinct ones include a Database Management Systems Lab, CISCO Network Academy Lab, Photonics Lab and Metallographic and Metal testing Lab.