[Official] National Institute of Bank Management [NIBM] PGDM Admission 2020-2022 | PaGaLGuY

1,510 Posts  ·  2,945 Users
About this group

Dear Aspirants,

This is the official thread of NIBM for the Admission year 2020-2022. All queries related to admission procedure, GD-PI dates, cut offs, fees, placements will be entertained here.

The National Institute of Bank Management, Pune is an autonomous Apex Institute Established by RBI & Banks which is registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act 1860. NIBP is also accreditated as a scientific and Industrial Research Organization by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.

The Institute also provides advanced learning facilities with well-trained executives, and it also provides consulting support to the banking and financial sector. NIBP is also engaged in Research (policy and operations), Training & Education of senior executives of banks.

● Name of the Program: Post Graduate Diploma in Management

● Duration: 2 years

● Mode of Education: Full-time residential

● Acceptable Test: CAT/ XAT/ CMAT

Eligibility

● The candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University with 50% of marks

● The candidates who are appearing for the final year of their Graduation or any other equivalent qualification OR the candidates who have completed the examination and are waiting for the results can also apply for the course.

– Last Date for submitting the application form: 20th March 2020

– Application fee: Rs 1500/-

ADMISSION PROCESS

The candidates will have to fill up the online application form by visiting the Institute’s website

The candidates should also have appeared for CAT (2019/ XAT (2020)/ CMAT (2020)

The shortlisted candidates of the CAT (2019/ XAT (2020)/ CMAT (2020) will then be called for a written test and Interview in different centres

Placement details:

● Highest package: 22 Lakhs per annum

● Median package: 9.7 Lakhs per annum

Page 1 of 151

I have scored 87.95 percentile in CAT. What are my chances?

1 comment
HanikaKhanna
@HanikaKhannaNIBM Pune  ·  234 karma

@Ansh_Tiwari you have good chances of getting a call. All the best 👍

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which is better ?

NIBM Pune or NIA ?

2 comments
Shivam083
@Shivam083NIBM Pune  ·  92 karma

NIBM Pune

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
adityaavtar
@adityaavtar  ·  1 karma

Banking much more diverse than insurance, rest upto your interest.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Why NIBM is not considering the option of online interviews every college right from XLRI,NITIE to dalmia,welingkar .. all are taking online interviews Not a single good college is remained which is planning for physical interviews and their is a high chance that lockdown will extend in Maharashtra . Till 30th of April most of the colleges will have first installment to pay. So how to manage all these things. ? Please pass this message to the admission committee of the college.

2 likes7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
Shivam083

@atish2397 Not every Bschool has converted their process to online. Mostly, the Bschools are waiting for the picture to get more clear about the future course of action taken by government and they have left the decision to the situation at that time. I am sure you might be following the news. It is not very clear about the extension of lockdown or the guidelines given to the Bschools to start their admission process, so I request you to please be patient. We, as admission committee understand your concerns and assure you the best. All the best !

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Shivam083

@kaustav085 We are in discussion with the administration. What all we are communicating to you all is discussed and approved by the administration. The administration is trying its best. You all should understand that NIBM is giving priority to the safety of its staff and students first, and this is the reason the date has been extended. Moreover, the uncertainty of the lockdown and the not so clear guidelines by the government has made NIBM to extend the deadline this long. I request you to please donot panic, since it is the case with all the universities, you will get to see this in near future, I am sure. Good Luck !

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

With level of alleivations decided by the govt. for lifting curfews, how will it affect the selection process? Please explain if things don't go as per planned.

(For ex.- Trains will not stop at affected stations.)

1 comment
Shivam083

Our college is looking at all the possible options. Till then, the fact remains that the forms are open till 30th April and the interviews will be conducted after that, whether it will be online or offline, will be communicated. We will keep you updated.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i have one question as per the current situation it will take some time for the things to become normal and god forbid if things did not become normal by 30th April will the institute again extend their deadline??

1 comment
Shivam083

The institute will not extend the deadline now. Due to sudden lockdown, it was difficult to manage everything, so institute prioritized the health and safety of staff and students first. But now, things are coming back on track slowly, so preparations are being done and we are sure that cutoff will be released after 30th april and interviews will be conducted thereafter. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Those having percentile between 85 to 90 in CMAT have any chance of getting a call???

7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
swapnilgupta8
@swapnilgupta8NIBM Pune  ·  240 karma

@Viajy34 fair And decent are too vague for comparison. Keep in mind the previous year's cut off , it's just that 90+ has a little higher chances than 85+.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
abhinav7754046224
@abhinav7754046224  ·  9 karma

ok thankyou

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

With a CMAT score of 93.75 percentile and a work ex of 6 odd months,10th -95%,12th-84%. Is there any chance of getting a call...???

1 comment
swapnilgupta8

@Sunny_2121 you have decent chances of getting a call given the previous year's cut off as it is subject to vary every year. All the best!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i scored 96.99%ile in cmat, what are my chances of conversion, given that I have a pretty decent academic record 

1 comment
swapnilgupta8

@saumya123456789 you have good chances of getting a call but conversion depends on various factors like WAT PI performance of yours, your acads etc. Prepare well!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What are job profiles offered after doing pgdm from nibm..???

1 comment
swapnilgupta8

@Krishna9831 we have job roles being offered pertaining to the domain of Banking and Finance like Internal Audit, Credit Appraisal, Treasurey Operation, Forensic Audit, risk management etc.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Cutoffs this year will be 85+ because lot of 90+ students are applying. This is because all results are delayed and everyone is anxious to get his 1st call....

1 like4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
Krit002
@Krit002  ·  34 karma

I think in this way for CMAT it might go beyond 97 or 98

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
swapnilgupta8

@Karan_3142 please let us know your source of these information that you are spreading? Because we being in the admission committee of NIBM aren't aware of this.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  7 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...