RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) is a Government Board of India. It aims in fulfilling recruitment needs of new employees in the Indian railways. Indian Railways is one among the biggest recruiter in the country. It mainly focuses on expanding the railway workforce.
RRB Goods Guard | RRB has announced more than 1.3 lakh vacancies this year. The candidates can start filling the RRB NTPC Application from 28th February 2019.
- The total number of vacancies for RRB Goods Guard Recruitment 2019 is around 7591
- Secondly, around 50-70,000 people apply for this post every year
- The Commercial Apprentice is the best post in RRB NTPC (males & females)
- Moreover, the position of RRB Goods Guard post preference varies between number 5-9
- The posts that come under Goods Guard are: Passenger Guard, Express Guard, Section Controller, Chief Controller
RRB Goods Guard Recruitment: Highlights
The table given below expands on the highlighted and necessary information regarding RRB Goods Guard position. All candidates must take a look:
|Name of the exam||RRB NTPC|
|Conducting Body||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Total Goods Guard Vacancies||7591|
|Application Form Filling stars on||28th February 2019|
|Exam Date||To be notified yet|
|Mode of Application||Online|
RRB Goods Guard Eligibility
The RRB Goods Guard eligibility differs in Age-limit, Qualification. The following is the information regarding RRB goods guard recruitment:
- The candidate’s minimum age should be 18 years and maximum 30 years
- Secondly, the age-relaxation for different categories vary
- Moreover, the candidates must have a graduation degree from a recognized educational institute
- The candidates who are waiting for their results are not eligible to apply for the exam
- Also, the candidates must have a good typing proficiency
- There are chances that the preference can be in the court of experienced candidates
RRB Goods Guard Vacancy
- The total RRB NTPC vacancies are more than 1.3 lakhs
- Most importantly, the vacancies of RRB Goods Guard are around 7591
- The posts that are a part of Goods Guard are: Passenger Guard, Express Guard, Section Controller, Chief Controller
- The RRB Goods Guard Vacancies according to different categories are as follows :
RRB Goods Guard Salary
The salary for RRB Goods Guard is as follows:
|Training Period||28 Days (Earlier 45 Years)|
|Salary||Grade Pay||Rs. 2800/-|
|1st Salary||Rs. 35,000/- to 40,000/- (Approx)|
RRB Goods Guard Syllabus
The candidates applying for the exam must update themselves with the syllabus of RRB NTPC. The following table has a brief RRB NTPC syllabus and exam pattern:
|Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||30||30|
RRB Goods Guard Job Profile
The person as a job of Goods Guard handles and takes care of the running of the train. From flag-waving to the preparation of reports of arrival and departure of the train to keeping a check on the lights in the carriage, the person is also responsible for maintaining the vehicle document.
The person at the job will never have a fixed time of work. They will always be on the run.
Work Load & Pressure
The position for RRB Goods Guard post is perfect for those candidates who love to travel and want to explore new places. One has to keep in mind that as a Goods Guard one has to travel in the Brake Van (the last wagon) and sometimes wait alone for hours in wayside stations for crossing/precedence of Express trains.
RRB Goods Guard Work Culture
With time, the person gets used to the work surroundings and culture. Most importantly, the person will get a lot to learn in this field as well as good pay. Eventually, the person enjoys their work.
- The person needs to be on his feet
- Secondly, the shift systems are available
- Also, the job is mildly dangerous and the person needs to be having a conscious presence of mind to run things smoothly
- Besides that, the person is not handling a team (any kind)
- Moreover, the person should maintain good communication skills in order to communicate during the requirement
- Also, the working hours would be 9-10 per day
- Goods Guard => Passenger Guard => Express Guard
- Goods Guard => Section Controller => Chief Controller
- The person is also eligible to appear for LDCE exam for Group B Gazetted post of Assistant Operations Manager(AOM)
Work Benefits & Security
RRB Goods Guard has many perks and securities provided by the govt. itself. So, the following points will clear on the benefits and security of this post:
- First of all, the candidate will get Dearness Allowance on the total pay
- Also, the candidate will get a house allowance
- Moreover, the govt. will also provide transport allowance to the employer.