RRB Group D 2019
RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) is a Government Board of India. It aims in fulfilling recruitment needs of new employees in the Indian railways. Indian Railways is one among the biggest recruiter in the country. It mainly focuses on expanding the railway workforce.
RRB Group D comes under the Indian railways and central government category. In RRB group D there are both technical and non-technical posts. As this is a central government job there will be more competition. Basically, the Group D category would be considered as the lowest rank jobs in any of the organizations. Likewise, in Indian railways, it is considered as the lowest rank/grade. The candidates who have completed the 10th and 12th standard can take part in this Group D examination.
RRB Group D will be a greater opportunity for the candidates who have passed only 10th and 12th standard. In RRB Group D there are different posts like cabin man, Keyman, leverman, fitter, gang man, point’s man, porter, points man etc. various railway. The initial payment for these posts would be 18000+ allowances. The work location will be all over India. The candidates who are applying for the RRB Group D posts should have a clear idea about the job responsibilities of the various railway group D posts. There will also be promotions after the regular service of 3 years. The employee will be eligible for the exam and for the promotion.
The candidates who are applying for the Group D exam must go through the eligibility criteria that are given in later part of this article. As there will be several vacancies the candidates are asked to prepare for the exam well. The candidates must go through the previous year question paper for cracking the exam. The Indian railway is giving a golden opportunity to fulfil the sole dream of joining in the valuable government sector.
RRB Group D 2018 Exam Date Notification
The exam date for 2019 will be announced shortly. Before applying for the exam, the candidates are advised to look after the important dates. It will be helpful for them to prepare for the exam. RRB is the governing body for conducting Group D exam. The RRB has all the right to cancel the exam or change the date of the exam or change the exam centre due to some unavoidable circumstances. Up to date information will be published from time to time in the official website.
|Mock link for CBT||10/09/2018|
|Exam City, Date and Session intimation||09/09/2018|
|Travel Authority for SC/ST candidates download||11/09/2018|
|E-Call letter download||4 days before exam|
|Railway Group D 2018 CBT Exam||17/09/2018 to 17/12/2018|
RRB Group D Eligibility 2018
The candidates must know about the eligibility criteria before applying for the Group D exam. If one does not give the correct details the application will not be valid.
A candidate must be either:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- As a Tibetan refugee who came to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to the above group shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
b) Age limit: The age limit for Group D is 18 to 31 years.
The relaxation in lower and upper age limit for the categories are given in the table below:
RRB Group D Registration 2018
The candidates who want to apply for the Group D exam they can apply through the online mode by logging in to the official website. The candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully in order to avoid any mistakes while filling the application form.
The following are the steps to apply for the Group D exam:
- Open the official website indianrailways.gov.in
- RRB link will be displayed
- If you are satisfied with the information given, then continue filling the application form.
- The candidate should give the details like applicant’s name, father’s name, date of birth, gender, educational qualifications, age, email id, and other mandatory details.
- The candidate should upload the scanned copies of signature, photo and other documents needed.
- The scanned photograph must be of 100 DPI.
The photograph must be a recent one with size 35*mm and 45mm. Name and date must be printed on it.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2018
Exam pattern is the foremost important factor that all the candidates must be aware of in order to crack the exam. Railway Group D Examination will be conducted in 3 stages. They are:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Examination Test (PET)
- Document Verification
Here comes the detailed explanation of the above three stages of the exam in detail:
- Computer Based Test (CBT):
- It consists of multiple-choice objective type questions
- Required Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories are:
UR- 40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%
There will be a penalty for every wrong answer marked. For each wrong answer given by a candidate, 1/3 of the mark assigned will be deducted. If a question is left blank, no penalty will be awarded.
NUMBER OF QUESTIONS
|2||General intelligence & reasoning||30|
|4||General Awareness on Current Affairs||20|
RRB Group D Syllabus 2018
Before starting to prepare for the exam, it is necessary for the candidates to understand the syllabus. It is necessary for the candidates to possess a clear idea about the syllabus.
RRB Group D test has three unique stages that hopefuls need to clear to get chosen for different posts in Indian Railways. RRB Group D CBT paper is online target type paper establishing of 4 segments. The second stage is PET Test wherein an applicant needs to breeze through a physical test for the last round. The third period of Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 is Document Verification stage.
In view of the execution of applicants in the CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates will be called for record check. Shortlisted hopefuls should create NOC from the business on the date of his/her DV failing which their candidature will be dropped. Marks of the applicants on all reports ought to be indistinguishable, either in English or Hindi.
Following are the topics to be covered for the examination:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness a Current Affairs
- General Science
Given below is a list of all topics subject wise, from which the questions will be asked. You can prepare and plan for the exams only by knowing the topics you must cover:
RRB Group D Admit Card 2018
After successfully registering for Railway Group D examination, admit card will be published. Once the admit card is published the candidates are advised to download it from the official website. Admit cards will be separately issued for the first two stages. When a
Candidate clears the CBT he/she will be eligible for downloading the admit card of PET.
Important dates and Exam centres:
|Computer Based Test||17/09/2018 to 14/12/2018|
|Physical Examination Test||To be updated soon based on CBT results|
RRB Group D Result 2018
The candidates must select and visit the corresponding RRB results page to view the results. Railway recruitment board have given certain selection procedures. The selection will be done in three stages. They are as follows:
- Computer Based Examination: The candidates who clear the RRB Group D cut-off will be declared as qualified in the RRB Group D result. Only then the candidates will be eligible for passing on to the next stages.
- Physical Efficiency Test: From the qualified candidates, three times the actual number of vacancies in the order of merit will be selected for the next stage of RRB Group D that is PET. Details regarding the PET will be published after the few days of the declaration of the RRB Group D result. Male candidates should run certain meters in a single within the given time. Also, the female candidates should run certain meters in the given time which will differ from that of the male candidates.
- Document Verification/Medical: The candidates who clear the CBT and PET are eligible for document verification. The candidates must possess all the required documents for RRB Group D exam. They must be medically fit in all aspects as specified by the railway recruitment board. The candidates must also be declared as medically fit by RRB board in order to get selected for the job.
The merit list can be downloaded from the official website logging on to the official website of RRB:
RRB Group D Cut off
Cut-off score is the minimum score required for a candidate to get qualified for the next level. Cut off marks are the most important things in every competitive exam. It can be obtained after considering the below steps:
- Firstly, Number of candidates applied for the post.
- Category wise cut-off set by the Indian Railway Board.
- The difficulty level of the exam (since the difficulty level varies from one year to another)
- Minimum cut-off scores set as per the norms by Indian Railways Authority.
The cut-off marks will be released a few days before the result or maybe during the time of result. Following is the procedure to check RRB Group D cut-off: