RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) has recently invited online application for the posts of Junior Engineer, Junior Engineer IT, Depot Material Superintendent, and Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant for the year 2018-2019. The candidates who are interested and who have all the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam online.
The important dates for the exam of RRB JE are as follows:
- Start date of Online application form 2nd January 2019.
- Registration last date 31st January 2019.
- Fee payment last date through online mode 5th February 2019.
- Fee payment last date through offline mode 4th February 2019.
- The Final submission of the application form 7th February 2019.
The payment of fees for online mode can be made through credit card, debit card, or net banking. And for the offline mode, the payment can be made through SBI Challan.
The application fee for the candidates is as follows:
- General, OBC candidates: Rs.500/-
- SC, ST candidates: Rs.250/-
- PH and Female candidates: Rs.250/-
The age limits of the candidates who are applying for the RRB JE exam are:
The minimum age for the candidates should be 18 years and the maximum age limit should be 33 years.
For a junior engineer the candidates should have a degree or diploma in engineering in the various posts in the Annexure A of the detailed CEN to be published on various websites of RRB.
For junior engineer IT the candidates should have completed the degree in B.Sc computer science/PGDCA/BCA/B.tech(IT)/B.tech computer science/DOEACC B level course of 3 years duration or equivalent from recognized university/institute.
For Depot material superintendent should have completed a Degree/Diploma in engineering course from any discipline.
For chemical and metallurgical assistant the candidates should have completed a Bachelors degree in science with physics, and chemistry with minimum 55% marks.
The vacancy details for RRB JE exam:
|Junior Engineer (IT)||29|
|Depot material superintendent||227|
|Chemical and metallurgical assistant||387|
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for RRB JE Recruitment 2018 -19 | Notification, Syllabus, Results
How to apply for RRB JE 2019 exam is as follows:
Steps to apply for the RRB JE 2019 recruitment:
- Click on the website of Indian Railways indianrailways.gov.in
- Click on the desired post that the candidate wants to apply.
- Click on click here to apply button.
- Click on the new registration button to start the application form.
- Fill the personal details, upload the photograph and signature, and fill the educational qualifications.
- Pay the application fee for the exam of RRB JE 2019.
- Click on the submit button to submit the application form of RRB JE successfully.
- Take the printout of the application form of RRB JE 2019 for future reference.
The selection process for RRB JE includes three stages:
1st stage is the written exam. The exam is a computer-based exam. The 1st stage exam is of screening nature and the questions asked will be to test the candidate’s educational standards. The 1st stage scores will be used for shortlisting the candidates for the 2nd stage.
In the 2nd stage the questions asked will be of the candidate’s specialization and it is also CBT mode of exam only.
After the 2nd stage, based on the performance of the candidates in the online exam, the candidates equal to the number of vacancies are called for the document verification process.