The National Testing Agency conducted the CMAT 2020 on 28th January from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. The CMAT or Common Management Admission Test is a sought-after entrance exam to secure a seat in MBA and equivalent programs of more than 1000 institutes.
The CMAT score and percentile will decide a candidate’s shortlisting for the GD-PI stage of various colleges. However, the NTA doesn’t determine the CMAT cut-off.
All colleges are responsible for setting the minimum cut-off percentiles depending upon the CMAT scores/percentiles. Thus, the cut-offs vary across colleges.
Find out all the colleges accepting 90+ CMAT percentile below.
CMAT Latest Updates
- The NTA can release the CMAT result by 5th February 2020.
- The NTA has released the official answer key and the candidate response sheet. Applicants can download the same till 2nd February (5 pm)
- Candidates can also challenge the answer key by 2nd February (5 pm)
CMAT 2020 Score vs Percentile
The raw score obtained by the candidates is subjected to further computation to obtain the CMAT percentile. Applicants securing the following overall scores can expect a 90+ percentile in CMAT, given all the factors affecting CMAT percentile are in their favour.
|Score out of 400||Approx Percentile|
|264 to 284||90 to 94|
|284 to 300||95 to 96|
|300 to 320||96 to 98.99|
Tier 1: 99+ Percentile
Some of the best management institutes of India normally set the minimum CMAT cut-off percentile above 98, with some colleges going as high as 99.95 percentile.
This is due to the limited intake capacity and a higher number of applications. For example, in the JBIMS Mumbai, all CMAT applicants are competing for 18 All India seats. Thus, the top MBA colleges only wish to shortlist the top layer of the CMAT candidates.
|Name of the Institute||Approx. Cut-off Percentile|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai||99.96+|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies And Research And Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE )Mumbai||99.90+|
Tier II- 90 to 99 Percentile
Candidates securing a CMAT percentile in this range can expect calls from several management colleges. However, aspirants must always select the top MBA colleges over the others. The best MBA colleges accepting a 90+ CMAT percentile are as follows.
|Name of the Institute||Approx CMAT Cut-off Percentile|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR), Mumbai||95+|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||95+|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||95+|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University Department of Management Sciences ( PUMBA)||95+|
What if I do not get 90+ percentile?
Applicants with this doubt in their mind must stop worrying because there are more than enough colleges that will accept a CMAT percentile below 90. Some of the top MBA colleges accepting below 90 CMAT percentile are as follows.
- L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Prin L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research (WeSchool), Mumbai
- Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Nagpur
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME), Bangalore
- KIIT School of Management (KSOM), Bhubaneswar
- Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS), Ranchi
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for CMAT 2020 Exam