National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli
The National Institute of Technology (formerly known as Regional Engineering College) Tiruchirappalli, situated in the heart of Tamil Nadu on the banks of river Cauvery, was started as a joint and co-operative venture of the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu in 1964 with a view to catering to the needs of man-power in technology for the country. It is granted Deemed University Status with the approval of the UGC/AICTE and Govt. of India in the year 2003 and renamed as National Institute of Technology.
The institution offers Under Graduate Courses in ten branches and Post Graduate Courses in twenty-one disciplines of Science, Engineering & Technology besides M.S. (by Research) and PhD in all the departments.
The Alumni of this institution have excelled in various spheres and are positioned very well globally in many leading Government, Public Sector & Private Organizations.
NIT-T hosts two intercollegiate fests namely Festember (Cultural) and Pragyan (Technical) and an inter-department fest namely NITTfest (Cultural) annually. These fests draw students from most colleges of South India and are hugely popular. Apart from this, each department conducts Symposium.
- Admission to B.Tech and B.Arch courses based on JEE Main followed by counselling.
- Admission to M.Tech and MS (by Research) are based on the score in GATE followed by counselling.
- CAT qualified candidates are eligible to secure admission in MBA. Final admission is based on GD and Interview round.
- To secure admission in MCA, the candidates have to appear in NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) followed by counselling.
- Admission in the M.Sc program is made through an entrance exam conducted by the institute and marks obtained in the last qualifying examination.
- For PhD programs, NIT conducts a separate written test followed by an interview.
|Course name||Duration||Fees||Exams Accepted|
|Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech]||4 years||5.78 Lakhs for full course||JEE MAIN|
|Master of Technology [M.Tech]||2 years||1.80 Lakhs for full course||GATE|
|Master of Business Administration [MBA]||2 years||2.40 Lakhs for full course||CAT|
|Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch]||5 years||7.40 Lakhs for full course||JEE MAIN|
|Master of Architecture [M.Arch]||2 years||1.80 Lakhs for full course|
|Master of Computer Application [MCA]||3 years||2.70 Lakhs for full course||NIMCET|
|Master of Planning [M.Plan]||2 years||0.80 Lakhs for full course|
|PH.D||2 years||0.72 Lakhs for full course|
Nurtures Industry Institute interaction, by organising and coordinating frequent industrial visits, in-plant training and projects of industrial relevance for the students, with the sole aim of zeroing down the hiatus between the industry and the academia.
Receives and forwards the feedback pertinent to curriculum improvement from the visiting companies to the faculty, to ensure that the curriculum follows the latest industrial trends.
Helps every student define his/her career interest through individual expert counseling.
Makes available updated database and job profile of the companies and thus helps each student analyze and choose company of his interest. The department has in its active file a database of nearly 500 companies.
Organizes and coordinates Campus Placement Program, to fulfill its commitment of a job to every aspirant.
Works towards continuing education for the college employees
Over the years, the department has maintained symbiotic, vibrant and purposeful relationship with Industries across the country and as a result, has built up an impressive placement record both in terms of percentage of registered students placed, as well as the number of companies visiting the campus.
Over 220 companies participate in the placement process every year. The average compensation during the current year is over Rs.6 lakhs with the highest being $125,000 per annum (one of the three selected from all over India is from NITT; the other two being from IITs). The institute enjoys best placements when it comes to PG programmes.
|Year||Companies Visited||Highest Package||Average Package|
ASHOK LEYLAND, ASIAN PAINTS , DELL , DELOITTE CONSULTING (I) PVT LTD , FACEBOOK , GOOGLE , HCL , INFOSYS , MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA LTD. , MICROSOFT , SAMSUNG INDIA , WIPRO
|21 LPA||7 LPA|
|India Today (Architecture)||8|
Infrastructure and Facilities
The College has a total campus area of 800 acres. This includes good hostel facilities, Hospital, Post & Telegraph, Telecom Center, fully computerized State Bank of India (SBI) NIT branch with ATM facility, Bookstall, Reprographic Center, Canteen, Swimming pool and Co-op. Stores.
Hostels and Mess:
The institute provides excellent accommodation to its students. The students are provided with all the amenities so that their stay here becomes a worthwhile experience.
Facilities and Services:
Computer Support Group
Training and Placement
Physical Education/Sports Center
Campus Communication Services
Office of the First year Coordinator
Lecture Hall Complex
NIT Trichy offers various scholarships such as:
- Abundant Cauvery Delta Education Fund Scholarship for B.Tech and B.Arch students.
- The Central Sector Scholarship scheme for Top Class students for reserved category (ST/SC) students.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Odisha Government SC & ST students.
- Tamil Nadu Government awards the scholarship to the citizens of Tamil Nadu. Also, various State governments award scholarship to the minority students.
- There are various scholarship schemes for handicapped and disabled students.
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) awards scholarship.
- Engineers India Limited has designed a scholarship scheme for the SC/ST students.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) has also implemented the scholarship.