Institute for Financial Management & Research (IFMR), Chennai
Institute for Financial Management & Research, (IFMR) Chennai was established in the year 1970.IFMR sponsored by ICICI, the House of Kotharis and other major industrial groups. The current Board of Governors, headed by Mr N. Vaghul, Ex. Chairman, ICICI Bank, consists of leaders of major corporations in India as well as respected academicians.
IFMR is fortunate to have pre-eminent faculty members, most of whom have Ph. Ds from well-known institutions in India and the United States.
Different bodies have recognised IFMR institute over its four-decade-long existence:
- An institution of Importance across India by the Government of India (Ministry of Finance – under IT Act section 10(23)(c)(iv))
- As a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
IFMR Offers PGDM Programme with specialisations:
- Operations & Information Systems
- Human Resources
- Financial Engineering
- Financial Services & Insurance (BFSI)
- Business Analytics
Eligibility for PGDM Courses:
- Candidate must possess Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline and must have consistent academic background throughout 10th, 12th as well as graduation.
- Selection Process-Candidates must have any of valid CAT / XAT / CMAT/ GMAT & GRE (taken in the last three years) scorecard.
Selection will be made by candidate’s academic merit as well as performance in Personal Interview.
Eligibility for Ph.D Courses:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Selection to the PhD course is based on candidate’s performance in entrance exam viz. UGC/ CSIR NET/ JRF and interview.
|Course name||Duration||Fees||Exams Accepted|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management [PGDM]||2 years||12.00 Lakhs||CAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT|
|Executives Post Graduate Diploma in Management [EPGDM]||3 years||4.50 Lakhs|
IFMR’s placement record in IFMR is flawless and holds a 100 percent track record since the inception of the PGDM program. An ever increasing number of corporates in India have been visiting the IFMR campus regularly to add to their intellectual capital.
|Year||Companies Visited||Highest Package||Average Package|
Accenture , Amba Research , Astra Zeneca , Aviva Life Insurance , BA Continuum (BoFA) , Barclays , CBRE South Asia Pvt Ltd , CRISIL , Capgemini , Cognizant Business Consulting , Deloitte , Flextronics , Genpact , HCL Technologies Ltd. , HSBC , ICICI Bank , IFMR Capital , Infosys , J P Morgan Chase , Latent View , Markaaz , Orient Cements , SBI Capital Markets Limited , Sesa Sterlite , Shell etc., Wipro , iNautix
|14.50 LPA||8.60 LPA|
|The Hindu Business Line||22|
|CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey||9|
Infrastructure and Facilities
IFMR has state of the art facilities for students and faculty in a Wi-Fi campus with high bandwidth broadband connectivity. 3,00,000 sq.ft world-class campus in 40 acres of land; Multi-media enabled air-conditioned classrooms; Wi-Fi campus, Lab for simulated and real trading on NSE, with live feeds. HT Parekh Library with electronic journal access apart from books.
ATM, Launderettes, hostel rooms on twin sharing basis with attached bath & geyser, dedicated TV rooms, Mess, QSR and Indian fast food outlet; store for stationery, soft drinks, packed snacks and personal care products.
For PGDM Course:
Merit-cum-means scholarship (up to 10% of students):
IFMR offers a scholarship certificate worth INR 100000 to the top 10% of students, as per the merit list drawn at the time of selection. This scholarship certificate can be used to partly pay the 2nd fee installment.