IFMR Chennai FAQs
Q. Can I apply if I have a gap year for an MBA at IFMR Chennai?
Ans. Yes, applicants are eligible to apply with a gap year only if they can justify their reason for the break. Also, they must quote their activities during the gap year(s) in the application itself.
Q. When will the applications be available for 2021 admissions at IFMR Chennai?
Ans. The application portal would invite applications from applicants in October 2020 starting onwards. The applicants are required to make a non-refundable fee payment of INR 1,500 per application.
Q. Is everyone eligible to apply for a scholarship at IFMR Chennai?
Ans. There are two types of scholarships offered: Merit-based and Need-based. There are different criteria for selection and applicants must fulfill all requirements in order to avail one.
Q. Are placements offered at IFMR Chennai?
Ans. During IFM Chennai Placements 2022, 165 students out of 175 participating students were placed. 78 recruiters visited the campus. The highest salary package stood at INR 18 LPA. Reputed recruiters like Deloitte, PwC, EY, Wells Fargo, Cognizant etc. visited the campus.
Q. Can students apply for internships other than what is offered on IFMR Chennai?
Ans. No, applicants must apply for internships through the on-campus recruitment process only. These are partnering companies that offer 100% internships as per the recent data 2019-21 batch.
Q. What is the student-to-faculty ratio at IFMR Chennai?
Ans. The student-to-faculty ratio at IFMR GSB is 12:1.
Q. How does IFMR Chennai provide loan assistance to students?
Ans. The institute provides loan assistance to the students with the help of WeMakeScholars, supported by the Govt of India. They are associated with 10+ public/banks and NBFCs in India and provide assistance to find the best education loan matching your profile. This application process is a free-of-charge initiative under the Digital Indian campaign which has benefited more than 10,000 students.
- Loan amount- from INR 2 lacs up to INR 2 Crores funding 100% of the total expenses (course fee and living expenses)
- Rate of interest – from 6.75%
- Repayment tenure- up to 15 years
- Moratorium Period – course Period + six months
- No prepayment closure charges
- 100% tax benefit for interest paid under Sec (80E)
Q. How large is the IFMR Chennai campus?
Ans. IFMR GSB is spread over 40 acres in Sri City, 70 km from Chennai. IFMR GSB Sri City campus is an academic Centre of Excellence in the midst of global organizations setting up world-class manufacturing plants in Sri City to cater to the Indian and export markets. These include Alstom, Kobelco, Danielli, Colgate, Cadburys, Pepsico, Kelloggs, Isuzu Motors, and a large number of Japanese, American, and European corporations.
Q. What facilities does IFMR Chennai provide within the campus?
Ans. The 3,00,000 sq. ft world-class campus in 40 acres of land has air-conditioned classrooms, a wi-fi campus, ATM, along a health center. The other facilities include air-conditioned hostel rooms, laundromat, convenience store, fitness studio, student lounge, student hub with indoor games, snack vending machine, unisex salon, basketball court, cricket nets. Coffee shop, 4 bedded Medical center operated by Kauvery Hospitals with a Doctor and nurse available 24×7, Pharmacy, First Aid Boxes on all floors and campus BLS Ambulance, 12,000 sq ft futsal with night playing facilities and 1,10,000 sq ft open-air Amphitheatre.
Q. How to reach IFMR Chennai?
Ans. To reach the Sri City campus:
- From Chennai International Airport: The Institute is at a driving distance of 85 km – about 1 hour 45 mins from Chennai International Airport.
- From Tirupathi International Airport: The Institute is at a driving distance of 75 km – about 1 hour 30 mins from Tirupathi International Airport.
- From Chennai Central Railway Station: The Institute is at a driving distance of 70 km – about 1 hour 30 mins from Chennai Central Railway Station.
- From Sullurpeta Railway Station: The Institute is at a driving distance of 22 km – about 20 mins from Sullurpeta Railway Station.
- From Tada Railway Station: The Institute is at a driving distance of 9 km – about 10 mins from Tada Railway Station.
- From Madhavaram Mofussil Bus Terminus (MMBT -Chennai Mofussil Bus Terminus): – The Institute is at a distance of 56 km. We have plenty of buses to Tada from Madhavaram Bus Station. Buses going to Kalahasthi, Naidupet, Nellore have a stopover at Tada.
- Tada: – From Chennai Central the closest Railway Station to Sri City is Tada. There are local trains running from Chennai Central to Tada Railway Station. Travel time by Chennai Local Train to Tada is 2 hours.