Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay Campus Facilities
IIT Bombay Campus Facility
Founded in 1958, IIT Bombay is one of the best institutes of technology in the country. MHRD has declared the college as Institute of Eminence. Every year, it attracts thousands of students from around the country. IIT Bombay is situated in Powai. The campus is nestled away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It has all the amenities students can wish for. The institute pushes its students to be their best version in every aspect of life. It provides many facilities to give students a better environment to learn and to push themselves to become better.
- Library: The library at IIT Bombay has a collection of 2,40,101 books, 67,677 reports, 1,18,925 journals, theses, standards, pamphlets covering all streams and courses.
- Hostel: IIT Bombay consists of a total of 16 hostels for both boys and girls, equipped with basic amenities like water purifiers, recreation room, mess, TV, laundry services, common room, security and surveillance system etc. Other facilities include single occupancy rooms, shared rooms and in-campus hostel.
- Sports Complex: In the field of sports the college provides facilities like Basketball Court, Cricket Ground, Football Ground, Swimming Pool, Tennis Court and Volleyball court.
IIT Bombay offers several amenities that make the institute one of its kind and popular among students across the country:
- Fully air-conditioned classrooms
- Well-equipped labs to provide students with the best possible tools
- A beautiful auditorium
- Separate hostel for boys and girls
- Laundry services, water purifier, security and surveillance system available on the hostel
- A cafeteria for students to hang out
- Hospital and medical facilities in case of any medical emergencies
- A well-maintained gym for students to work out and stay fit
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi across the campus
- ATMs in the campus to ensure students never run out of cash