Eligibility Criteria for IIT Bombay B.Tech
Candidates applying for the IIT Bombay BTech and Integrated B.Tech programs must have the following qualifications:
- Completed 10+2 with a JEE score within the institute’s cut-off ranges.
- The applicant must be at least 17 years old.
Selection Criteria for IIT Bombay B.Tech
- Taking into account the 12th exam results, JEE Main and JEE Advanced/ AAT scores, a merit list will be created, listing candidates’ All India Rank (AIR).
- Candidates must register for JoSaa counseling online through the JoSSA website. Choice filling and locking are required and must be completed by the candidate only. Branch options must be filled in decreasing order of preference.
JEE Advanced exam scores are used to determine B.Tech admissions to IITs. Candidates who obtain the required minimum qualifying marks in the JEE Main examination are eligible to take the respected examination. The minimum qualifying marks for the Unreserved category (General category) are 87.992241, with a maximum of 100. Those who have obtained the minimum cutoff marks and are ranked less than 2.5 lakh can take the JEE Advanced 2021 exam.
How to Apply for the BTech Program at IIT Bombay
- Sign up for the JEE Advanced exam.
- Enter the candidate’s personal and academic information, as well as Scanned Images of the Candidate’s Photograph and Signature.
- Follow the online instructions to pay the application fee with a debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI, or PAYTM.
- After making a successful payment, print and save the Confirmation Page.
- Scanned copies of academic information
- Scanned passport-size photograph of the candidate in JPG/JPEG format (size ranging from 10 kb to 200 kb).
- A candidate’s scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size 4 kb–30 kb).
- Scanned copies of the Category certificate and, if applicable, the PwD certificate
- A valid email address.
MTech Admission to IIT Bombay in 2022
GATE 2021 exam score is used to determine admission to IIT Bombay M.Tech and Integrated M.Tech (MTech + PhD). Candidates with a B.E/B.Tech degree and a minimum of 60% are eligible to apply for the programme.
M.Tech Eligibility Criteria at IIT Bombay
B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engineering)/ M.Sc./ M.C.A./ MBBS/ M.Pharm./ B.Pharm/ BDS/ recognised equivalent to B.E.
This can only be obtained by passing the Associate Membership Examinations.
The following are the required marks, CGPA, or CPI for the various categories:
General classification: A minimum of 60% in aggregate or a First Class, or a minimum CGPA/ CPI of 6.0 on a scale of 0-10, or equivalent to 6.0 on other scales other than 0-10.
MTech Admission to IIT Bombay in 2022
GATE 2021 exam score is used to determine admission to IIT Bombay M.Tech and Integrated M.Tech (MTech + Ph.D.). Candidates with a B.E/B. A Tech degree and a minimum of 60% are eligible to apply for the program.
M.Tech Eligibility Criteria at IIT Bombay
- B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engineering)/ M.Sc./ M.C.A./ MBBS/ M.Pharm./ B.Pharm/ BDS/ recognised equivalent to B.E.
- This can only be obtained by passing the Associate Membership Examinations.
- The following are the required marks, CGPA, or CPI for the various categories:
- General classification: A minimum of 60% in aggregate or a First Class, or a minimum CGPA/ CPI of 6.0 on a scale of 0-10, or equivalent to 6.0 on other scales other than 0-10.
- SC/ ST/ PWD category: Minimum of 55% aggregate marks or CGPA/ CP of 5.5 on a scale of 0-10 or equivalent to 5.6 on other scales when the scales are other than 0-10.
M.Tech Selection Criteria at IIT Bombay
- Admission will be granted based on the candidate’s GATE performance.
- Candidates with a B.Tech degree from an IIT and a CGPA/ CPI score of 8.00 (on a 10.0 scale) or higher are exempt from the GATE qualification requirement.
- They may be admitted to the M.Tech program as TA/RA positions via written test and/or interview.
- The selection of candidates will be based on a 70 percent weightage of GATE scores and a 30 percent weightage of interviews.
- The central counseling board of CCMT will determine the cut-off for each specialization.
Note: Candidates will be notified of their selection status via a merit list published on the institute’s official website and in their COAP login account.
How do I apply for the M.Tech Program at IIT Bombay?
- Fill out the Online Application form to register for the exam.
- Enter your login information to create a unique ID and password.
- Enter personal login information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.) and personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
- Upload your photo, signature, and any other documents you have, such as your eligibility certificate, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD), and/or Dyslexia certificate, if applicable.
- Enter the GATE paper (subject) and examination city selection.
- Pay and submit the application fee.
- Check the status of the application form after submission and keep a hard copy of it.
Documentation is required.
- Eligibility Certificate in pdf format, scanned
- Degree Certificate, Provisional Certificate, or Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute format, all of which are available on the GOAPS website.
- PwD certificate (if applicable) scanned in pdf format
- Dyslexic certificate (if applicable) scanned in pdf format
- Scanned passport size photograph of the candidate in JPEG format ranging from 480640 to 240320 pixels.
- In JPEG format, a scanned signature image can range from 160560 to 80280 pixels.
SJMSOM Admission to IIT Bombay MBA 2022
IIT Bombay MBA admission is based on CAT exam scores, which are then followed by a PI round. A Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree with at least 60 percent marks is required for application.
MBA Eligibility Criteria at IIT Bombay
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least 60% marks (55 percent for candidates from the SC/ ST/ PWD categories).
- Applicants in their final year of study, as well as those who have completed their degree requirements and are awaiting results, are eligible to apply.
- CA/ ICWA with a first-class Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) out of 10.
MBA Selection Criteria at IIT Bombay
The MBA program admissions process will be divided into two stages. Candidates with a minimum overall percentile score as well as a minimum sectional percentile score in CAT as specified below will be considered for WAT/PI shortlisting.
|Category||Overall||All Sections (VARC + DILR + Quant)|
Phase 1: Composite score to be used for WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI shortlisting (Personal Interview). The shortlist of candidates chosen for this stage will be determined by the candidate’s composite score of various parameters, the weights of which are as follows:
|Performance in CAT 2021||70%|
Final Selection: Merit List Preparation Phase 2
The final Merit List of candidates chosen for admission to the MBA program at SJMSOM, IIT Bombay will be based on the candidate’s composite score of various parameters, the weights of which are as follows:
- 42.5 percent CAT overall percentile score
- 42.5 percent personal interaction
- 15% Candidate Profile
How Do I Apply for an MBA at IIT Bombay?
- Visit the official website of IIT Bombay’s SJMSOM. (website)
- Fill out the application form and pay INR 1600 (INR 800 for SC/ ST/ PWDs) via credit/ debit card or Net Banking.
- Examine and submit the completed form.
Admissions to IIT Bombay’s EMBA Program in 2022
Under the Management discipline, the institute also offers an 18-month Executive MBA program. The program is offered in collaboration with Washington University. The candidate can apply for admission to the IIT Bombay EMBA program with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. The candidate will be chosen based on the results of the previous qualifying exam.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Bombay EMBA
To be considered for admission, EMBA candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an institution of higher learning,
- +7 years of work experience (after completing the qualifying degree), including five years of managerial experience or equivalent,
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English,
- Functional computer skills, LOR from their employer with a commitment of employer sponsorship, or self-employed with the ability to pay applicable tuition and fees; Satisfactory performance in a structured admissions interview focused on leadership and teamwork experience and potential.
IIT Bombay EMBA Selection Criteria
Candidates must attend the interview round in order to be admitted. Candidates will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Academic Background
- English proficiency as determined by admission interview performance and/or valid TOEFL/IELTS scores Optional TOEFL/IELTS scores may be emailed to the programme office along with other supporting documents.
- Work experience quality: responsibilities and managerial experience
- Leadership experience, evidence of professional success, and a track record of success
- Motivation to learn and participate in the program Communication skills
- Application and supporting documentation quality
- The majority of applicants are not required to submit CAT, GMAT, or GRE scores. Individuals who need to demonstrate mastery of necessary quantitative skills are given an exception.
Admission to IIT Bombay B.Des 2022
UCEED scores are used to determine admission to IIT Bombay B.Des. Candidates with a 10+2 diploma in any subject are eligible to apply for admission. The program’s cutoff usually ranges between 1 and 21 UCEED scores.
- It is a type of objective exam.
- There will be ONE question paper with a total time limit of 3 hours.
- The examination will be in English.
- Questions from both parts are required.
- The question paper will be worth 300 points.
- The exam will be divided into two parts: Part A and Part B.
- Part A is divided into three sections.
- Part B contains only one question designed to assess drawing abilities.
How to Apply for the B.Des Program at IIT Bombay?
To apply for admission to the IIT Bombay B.Des program, candidates must complete the following steps:
- Candidates should apply for UCEED through the official website.
- Navigate to the online registration page.
- Fill out the form and log in.
- Complete the application form.
- Please include all necessary documents.
- Make payment for the registration fee.
- Please submit the form.
M.Des Admissions at IIT Bombay in 2022
M.Des degrees are available from IIT Bombay’s School of Design in Animation Design, Communication Design, Industrial Design, Interaction Design, and Mobility & Vehicle Design. A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is the minimum requirement for applying. The CEED exam score is used to select candidates for the IIT Bombay M.Des program.
M.Des Eligibility Criteria at IIT Bombay
Candidates must have any of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design/Engineering/Architecture/Interior Design: 10+2+4 years
- BFA (4-year professional program with entry after 10+2)
IIT Bombay M.Des Selection Criteria
Admission to the M.Des program at IIT-B will be based on the CEED (Common Entrance Exam for Design) score, followed by a written exam administered by the institute. For each stream, the admission process consists of a written test and an interview. Attendance at both the written test and the interview is required to be considered for admission. The written test may include a material/studio test, which will be communicated to applicants who have been selected to take the written test and interview.
Each written test and interview will be worth 100 points. Following the written test and interview, a category-wise final merit list will be prepared using the final scores. The final scores would be 70% for the CEED score and 15% of the written tests and 15% of the interview marks.
The above final score would be used to create a final merit list. Admission would be granted from this list based on the number of seats available in each category. The final merit list would be subject to a cutoff known as the Final merit list cutoff. This would be 50 for General and EWS, 45 for OBC(NC) (90 percent of GENERAL), and 33 for SC/ST/PwD (two-thirds of GENERAL).