The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam for the recruitment to various subordinates services. Applicants who are interested should note the following important dates for SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 examination:-
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2018|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Exam Date||4th June to 19th June 2019|
|Exam Duration||60 Minutes|
|Application Start Date||Expected to be from March 2019|
|Mode of submitting application||Online from the official website|
|Application fee||For General Candidates is RS 100 and for other categories there is no fee|
Applicants should begin the preparations as soon as possible and should be totally aware of the examination pattern and the detailed syllabus of the examination. There are three options available for the applicant to prepare which are self-preparation, offline coaching and online coaching. The online coaching program will give you the flexibility to learn at your pace and place.
The pattern for the Tier 1 Examination is as follows:-
|Sections||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 Exam: Notification, Admit Card and Result
Applicants can follow the below the section wise preparatory tips to be successful in the examination:-
- Reasoning and General Intelligence – This section of the paper is designed to evaluate the candidate’s problem solving skills and the ability to think. Candidates should practice lot for this section as the questions can be really tricky. It is recommended that the candidates prepare the topics carefully such as Analogy, Word Arrangement, Odd Man out, Alphanumeric series, Venn diagrams, Coding-Decoding, and Miscellaneous.
- Quantitative Aptitude – Rigorous practice of previous year papers is the only key to ace this section. Candidates would need to have the in depth knowledge of all the formulas and the pattern of questions asked. Candidates can prepare for the topics such as Geometry, Trigonometry, Algebra, Bars, Charts and Graph, Number System, Time and Distance.
- English Language – This is considered to be the most scoring section of SSC CGL examination. The questions are really direct and easy. Candidates can prepare for the topics such as Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles, Comprehension Reading, Idioms/Phrases, Synonyms/Antonyms, Spotting Errors and Sentence Formation.
- General Studies – This is considered to be important section of the SSC CGL examination and candidates can score high marks in this section in a less amount of time. This is also the most vast section of the question paper and topics can be from Biology, Chemistry, Polity, Economy and etc.
- Apart from the section wise preparation candidates should regularly prepare the notes on the daily basis. They can make pointers for the important topics and quickly revise them during the exam day or the day before exam.
- Sample Papers are the best option to prepare totally for the examination. It is highly advisable that the candidates should solve as many sample papers as possible. It is necessary to get the exact analysis of the preparation level.