RRB ALP Exam consists of 4 Subjects General Intelligence, Qualitative aptitude, General awareness, and General Science.
Select the main topic and plan accordingly for study. Start clearing basic concepts of 10th and 12th standards, the faster calculation, and tables. General Awareness of current affairs, Science and Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics, and others come under subject GK/General Science. To ensure your GK read it from Manorama Year Book and Daily newspapers.
For maths Number System, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio Proportion, Percentages, Measurements, time and work, time and distance, simple and compound interest, profit and loss, square root, trigonometry, Elementary Statistics etc. as mathematics is a technical background so the difficulty level is Medium. A candidate should see a topic from class 10 NCERT Math book.
- Prepare well with the syllabus and know every minute details of the syllabus.
- Practice a previous year question paper which gives you an idea about the actual exam and knowing about subtopics.
- Prepare your notes that will be helpful for later use. Memorize basic details.
- Learn time management. For appearing in the exam as well as proper management of time is important.
- Attempt all mock tests available online. Try solving the maximum question in the least time. This could be achieved by practicing more.
- RRB APL Online Test holds 1/3 of negative marking. So, think twice before answering the questions.
- Expected cut off for RRB ALP stage1
- The minimum qualification score for UR candidate is 40% and 30% for SC, OBC candidates while ST candidates they need to score 25% marks.
- For General Category they need to achieve 30 marks out of 75.
- Other Backward categories need to achieve about 22.5 marks out of 75.
- Schedule Caste needs to score 22.5from 75.
- The Schedule Tribe needs to achieve 25% of the total cutoff, which is 18.85 out of 75.
- There is an extra 2% wave off for the PWD Candidates.
- For Stage 2
- The selection is held on the basis of normalized marks of stage 1.
- There are total 75 MCQ in part A.
- Total 75 MCQ in part B.
- A cutoff of General Category 40%
- Other background categories 30%
- Schedule Caste 30%
- Schedule Tribe 25%
- For part B, the candidate has to a compulsory score of 35% of marks.
- To Discuss How To Prepare For RRB ALP With Fellow Candidates Please Click Here.
The first and the foremost important thing is to know the concepts well along with its application. Give ample time for each section to know the positives and negatives in it.
There is some section of mathematics and reasoning that require a lot of practice. While practicing, make sure that you have covered all types of questions which will help you to know the topic well. You can earn the perfect score once you have complete command over mathematics along with the correct approach. Questions are mostly asked from the topics such as Number System, BODMAS, HCF & Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Time and Distance and so on. Revision is the most important part in the competitive examinations such as RRB APL. Last time revision can be of great help so devote more time to revision. You can score well in General Intelligence and Reasoning as well but make sure to cover all the concerned topics.
One should understand the importance of basic science and engineering. A total of 40 questions will be asked in this section alone. You should be good at engineering drawing. It typically covers projections, views, drawing instruments, lines, geometric figures, and symbolic representation etc. To excel in the basic science and engineering, one should master concepts and formulas related to different topics and attempt different quizzes. The important topics of basic science and engineering are mass weight, density work power and energy, speed and velocity, heat and temperature, basic electricity, levers and simple machines, occupational safety and health, and environmental education. One should be familiar with all national events which will of great help while attempting the current affairs section.
Lastly, the mock test plays a major role in cracking the exam such as RRB ALP. Give a maximum number of mock test possible before the exam. Better results are can always be expected from more and more practice. Your hard work and consistency will pay so keep on working hard and practice more.