CAT is the most privileged exams eyed by candidates wishing to join India’s top B schools for their management studies. The registration and application process for CAT 2019 will begin in August 2019. However, all aspiring candidates must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria for CAT 2019 to be able to register and apply for the examination.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UNRESERVED/NC-OBC CATEGORY
- All aspiring candidates belonging to the general or NC-OBC category are required to obtain a minimum of 50% marks in their graduation in any stream.
- Candidates who have obtained a professional degree (CA, CS, and ICWA) with a minimum of 50% marks are also eligible to appear for CAT 2019.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SC/ST/PwD CATEGORY
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in any stream are eligible to appear for the CAT 2019 examination if they have a minimum of 45% marks in total.
- Candidates with a professional degree (CA, CS, and ICWA) with a minimum of 45% marks are eligible to apply for CAT 2019.
COMMON ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CAT 2019
Although there are some criteria that are specific to the different categories of reservation according to the Government of India, there are some eligibility criteria that are common to all candidates irrespective of their category of candidature.
- Candidates in the final year of their graduation can also apply for registration for CAT 2019 if they fulfil all eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who have taken their final year examination and are awaiting results can also apply for CAT 2019. However, if they take admission into any college, their admission will be made provisional. Their admission will only be finalised once they submit their final year marks details, which show that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. If they do not fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria, their admission will be cancelled.
- Candidates are required to submit the documents of proof of their eligibility latest by June 30, 2020. If delayed further, their admission is liable to cancellation.
- Candidates are required to hold a Bachelor’s Degree for a 3 year course of any stream. However, the college they complete their graduation from must be one that is recognised by UGC, AICTE, MHRD or any other governing educational body of India.
- Candidates with an equivalent degree that is recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development are also eligible to register and apply for CAT 2019.
- Candidates across all age groups and nationalities can appear for the CAT 2019 examination. However, the application fee for candidates belonging to foreign nationality is higher than that for Indian students.
CALCULATION OF MARKS [CONVERSION FROM CGPA/GRADE TO PERCENTAGE OF MARKS]
It must be noted that all universities do not give out their marks in the percentage format. The CGPA and grade format is also very prevalent in many colleges in India these days, due to the introduction of the semester system. Therefore, candidates must convert their score from CGPA/grade format to the percentage format, to calculate their eligibility.
In case no percentage is mentioned on the mark sheet, and the marks are given in the CGPA or grade format, then the conversion is usually done following the procedure denoted by the college or university in question. However, sometimes the universities do not have a specific procedure to calculate the percentage of score from the CGPA or grade. In times like this, a candidate can utilize the format provided by CAT: dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, and multiplying the result with 100.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for CAT 2019
RESERVATION OF SEATS
As per the rules set by the Government of India, a number of seats have to be reserved for each of the categories that candidates are segregated into. The reservation percentage for CAT 2019 is shown in the table below.
|CATEGORY OF RESERVATION||
PERCENTAAGE OF SEATS RESERVED
The team at Pagalguy is always with the aspiring MBA candidates and are always on toes to help the needy.
Come join us and be assured of authentic information about CAT 2019 and also get in touch with many more like minded aspirants. The link to join is here. https://www.pagalguy.com/cat
Let’s ace the CAT 2019 together.
For more CAT 2019 Articles please check below: