With the release of notification for CAT 2019 will be released on July 28 2019, aspirants are buzzing with excitement to begin the registration process for CAT 2019. However, a large number of candidates may not be entirely clear about the registration and application process for the examination. Here is an attempt to explain the registration process for CAT 2019, step by step.
For the elite MBA aspirants in India, the first step is to register and apply for the entrance examination. The detailed notification will be released on 28th July 2019 and the registration process to start in the months of August 2019. While the registration process ends in September, we suggest you to take registration on priority, so as to focus on preparation better and also to avoid last minute online rush.
To register for CAT 2019, candidates need to provide candidate’s official name, email address and mobile number. Post registration process, the candidate will receive login credentials on the registered email address.
The application process begins thereafter on the official website of the CAT 2019. The process of which is detailed here.
CAT 2019 Registration: Important Dates
CAT 2019 registration date and last date to register are announced together. But, the last date of registration may be extended by a few days by the IIM’s.
|CAT 2019 Registration Activity||CAT Registration 2019 Dates (Tentative)|
|Registration Start Date||August 5, 2019|
|Registration Last Date||September 20, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Registration Last Date with late fee||Not Announced|
STEPS FOR REGISTRATION FOR CAT 2019
The following five main steps can ensure the successful registration and application process for CAT 2019:
- Register to apply for CAT 2019
- Fill up the application form for CAT 2019
- Upload all required documents mentioned
- Pay the fees for application for CAT 2019
- Take a print out of the application form and save for future reference
The above steps are detailed below:
STEP 1: REGISTRATION
- Log on to the official website for CAT 2019, iimcat.ac.in.
- Click on the link for ‘New Candidate Registration’.
- Candidates are required to fill in all the details that are asked for; name, email ID and mobile number. Candidates should make sure that the email ID and mobile number that they provide are valid and easily accessible to them as they will receive their login ID and password for CAT through the registered email ID and mobile number.
- Upon reception of the login ID and password, Candidates can log in to their CAT account using these credentials and fill the application form.
STEP 2: FILL UP THE APPLICATION FORM
- The application form for CAT is divided into five major sections: Personal Details, Academic Details, Work Experience, Programmes, and Test Centre City.
- Personal details: This section requires candidates to enter details like their mother’s name, father’s name, and permanent address of residence. Apart from this, they need to provide their gender, category, and other such details.
- Academic details: This section requires candidates to enter their marks obtained in class X and class XII, marks obtained in Bachelors and Masters, if applicable.
- Work Experience: This section requires candidates to enter their work details, such as their duration of work and specific area of work. “Work experience” Only full-time jobs will be considered in this section. Part-time jobs and internship details should not be entered here.
- Programmes: This section requires the candidates to enter their choice of MBA programme specialization from the drop-down list that will be provided in the form.
- Test Centre City: Candidates are required to choose a test centre city where they would like to appear for the CAT 2019 examination and interview if they qualify. They are required to choose from the options that are provided in the drop-down menu in the form and they can choose up to four city preferences.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for CAT 2019 Preparation, Syllabus, Result
STEP 3: UPLOAD ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
|Image||File size||Dimensions||File Format||Image Resolution|
|Photograph||Not more than 80 KB||30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height)||JPEG/JPG||150 px/inch (min)|
|Signature||80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height)|
|NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate||Download the category certificates from the CAT website and enter the required information and get them attested by appropriate authorities, self-attest, scan as PDF and upload|
|PwD Certificate||Candidates will have to go to CAT website and download the PwD Certificate, enter the required information and self-attest and scan as PDF document. This certificate has to be uploaded with the application form.|
STEP 4: PAY THE APPLICATION FEES
After filling up the application form properly, candidates are required to pay the application fees for CAT 2019. The application fees vary for different reservations of candidates according to the government of India.
|General and NC-OBC||Rs. 1900|
|SC, ST and PWD||Rs. 950|
Candidates can pay the application fees through net banking, credit card (American Express/Visa/MasterCard), BillDesk, PayU or PayTm. The transaction charges are applicable at actuals based on the method used for payment.
STEP 6: PRINT THE APPLICATION FORM
Once the application process is complete, candidates can submit the application form. It is advisable to take a print of the application form for further references.
- Candidates should recheck all details before proceeding to the next page.
- Candidates should save every page before moving to the next one.
- The application form can be filled in multiple sessions, but candidates should make sure to save the details they have entered in each session.
- Candidates should check all details before paying the application fees. Once the fees are paid, candidates cannot make any changes to the application form
For more updates about the CAT 2019, stay tunes on CAT 2019 page of Pagalguy.com, get your friends along, because we connect with right people, who are like minded and by thus help you attain your goals.
These are the related entries for this entry. Updating this post may change these related posts.